2016 Election Thread Part Deux

So let me get this straight...

Paul Manifort resigns because of Ukrainian connections and is being vilified by the press.

Yet there is a pretty clear line between Hillary and the pay for play by allowing a Russian company to purchase a company that deals exclusively in uranium and the press is silent?

Have I got that right?

More or less.

Although I imagine the Russians don't like for nuclear grade material or for nuclear weapons, for that matter, it's still a principle issue - a matter of word and honor - that the press should take her to task for. Much more so than it has.

That being said, these two aren't really even analogous. One pits honor (again, Russians can get uranium anywhere) against the actual Russian penetration of an American presidential campaign and its attempt to influence an election.

I've read some statements from several conservative ex-intelligence community folks that have stated the same. The two, while upsetting and concerning, aren't really even comparable.

It's like comparing the actions of two dopey people, the Clintons, with those of the GRU and SVR.

Well I feel better now. It's obvious they suck at foreign intrigue.

Although I imagine the Russians don't like for nuclear grade material or for nuclear weapons, for that matter, it's still a principle issue - a matter of word and honor - that the press should take her to task for. Much more so than it has.

That being said, these two aren't really even analogous. One pits honor (again, Russians can get uranium anywhere) against the actual Russian penetration of an American presidential campaign and its attempt to influence an election.

I've read some statements from several conservative ex-intelligence community folks that have stated the same. The two, while upsetting and concerning, aren't really even comparable.

It's like comparing the actions of two dopey people, the Clintons, with those of the GRU and SVR.
Lack and like are two different words, just like hoping and hopping. It's not the misspelling, but the words have different meanings.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...

Paul Manifort resigns because of Ukrainian connections and is being vilified by the press.

Yet there is a pretty clear line between Hillary and the pay for play by allowing a Russian company to purchase a company that deals exclusively in uranium and the press is silent?

Have I got that right?

1) Trump has said repeatedly that he would not defend against Russian aggression in the Ukraine.

2) Trump is heavily in debt, both personally and with his businesses, to Russian banks and people connected to Putin.

3) His campaign manager ran Russia's interests in the Ukraine.

4) Documents have surfaced indicating that Manafort was paid $12.7 million under the table to then launder money into lobbyists for Putin agenda.

5) Manafort and his assistant, who worked for Trump until YESTERDAY violated federal law in lobbying for foreign interests and not disclosing it.

6) Trump questions NATO and openly advocates reducing the US role and presence in Europe.

7) Trump will not release tax returns which would show substantial evidence of extent of his indebtedness to Russian banks and Putin interests.

You can b!tch all you want to about the Clinton Foundation, but you cannot ignore the fact that Trump is clearly tied to Russia and Putin in ways that are only barely coming to light.

Reactions: 2 people
lack and like are two different words, just like hoping and hopping. It's not the misspelling, but the words have different meanings.

I understand your suffering.

When you've received as many intellectual spankings as you have from me on here, I don't begrudge you seeking any means to feel like you're somehow participating in a discourse with me.

If you'll notice, there's one thing an arrogant, superior-feeling cuss like me never does on here - I never belittle another poster for their spelling or misappropriation of words. This is partially because it is a cheap shot and partially because it shows a lack of intellectual rigor on the part of the "spell checker." In other words, one is so weak in actual argumentation, he has to point out the difference between, say, "your" and "you're" to feel like he has won an argument. I will belittle another poster, but that is only after they've proven what a horrible human being they are.

Me, I know I've won an argument, spelling or not.

You, not so much. But I make no claims to understand your humble ways either.

And I have dyslexia too, so you basically just made fun of a kid who can't read good. Shame!

Reactions: 3 people
1) Trump has said repeatedly that he would not defend against Russian aggression in the Ukraine.

2) Trump is heavily in debt, both personally and with his businesses, to Russian banks and people connected to Putin.

4) Documents have surfaced indicating that Manafort was paid $12.7 million under the table to then launder money into lobbyists for Putin agenda.

5) Manafort and his assistant, who worked for Trump until YESTERDAY violated federal law in lobbying for foreign interests and not disclosing it.

6) Trump questions NATO and openly advocates reducing the US role and presence in Europe.

7) Trump will not release tax returns which would show substantial evidence of extent of his indebtedness to Russian banks and Putin interests.

You can b!tch all you want to about the Clinton Foundation, but you cannot ignore the fact that Trump is clearly tied to Russia and Putin in ways that are only barely coming to light.

As you would say, your source isn't credible.

Reactions: 2 people

1. He actually said it's not worth WWIII
2. Proof or just speculation?
3. Hillary advanced the agenda from much worse entities while SOS and got PAID.
4. He's a rank amateur compared to the Clinton Foundation, throw them all in jail.
5. Hillary or Bill ever register as a lobbyist?
6. This is a bad thing how?
7. Ever looked a tax return? And what about those CF financials and donor lists?

I understand your suffering.

When you've received as many intellectual spankings as you have from me on here, I don't begrudge you seeking any means to feel like you're somehow participating in a discourse with me.

If you'll notice, there's one thing an arrogant, superior-feeling cuss like me never does on here - I never belittle another poster for their spelling or misappropriation of words. This is partially because it is a cheap shot and partially because it shows a lack of intellectual rigor on the part of the "spell checker." In other words, one is so weak in actual argumentation, he has to point out the difference between, say, "your" and "you're" to feel like he has won an argument. I will belittle another poster, but that is only after they've proven what a horrible human being they are.

Me, I know I've won an argument, spelling or not.

You, not so much. But I make no claims to understand your humble ways either.

And I have dyslexia too, so you basically just made fun of a kid who can't read good. Shame!
I'm not falling for the setup on how well you read. I don't generally correct other posters, although the forum is rife with spelling and grammatical errors. However, when I come across a poster who constantly tells us how much smarter he is than the rest of us..............

I'm not falling for the setup on how well you read. I don't generally correct other posters, although the forum is rife with spelling and grammatical errors. However, when I come across a poster who constantly tells us how much smarter he is than the rest of us..............

I correct your and you're all the time because it irritates the f out of me.

Prof, i don't believe you ever replied to my post a few days ago. If you did, i missed it.

Q- Who is your ideal candidate?

Mine would be a hot big breasted red head that can cook and owns a liquor store/bait shop. Possibly half Asian.

Reactions: 1 person

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back