2016 Election Thread Part Deux

Unlike KKKankles.

Uh... exactly like her. I don't understand why we continue to hold Trump to her pitiful standards.

We know neither of them are going to suddenly develop a reverence for the truth. The White House has a history of liars and crooks, but these two might take the cake.

Reactions: 2 people
Uh... exactly like her. I don't understand why we continue to hold Trump to her pitiful standards.

We know neither of them are going to suddenly develop a reverence for the truth. The White House has a history of liars and crooks, but these two might take the cake.

One of the things that gets me about the "We can't elect corrupt Hillary" crowd is that the implication is that Trump is the opposite, or at least not as bad.

What about Trump's life and career evinces transparency, accountability, and rule of law? That he hasn't been in the position to be responsible for, say, a Benghazi, just means he hasn't had to make such calls yet - because he's never served in public office (you know, that thing where what you do is actually on public record). Given what little we do know about his track record, given what little is available to public record, I find it likely he'll just completely wet the bed too.

Reactions: 4 people
One of the things that gets me about the "We can't elect corrupt Hillary" crowd is that the implication is that Trump is the opposite, or at least not as bad.

What about Trump's life and career evinces transparency, accountability, and rule of law? That he hasn't been in the position to be responsible for, say, a Benghazi, just means he hasn't had to make such calls yet - because he's never served in public office (you know, that thing where what you do is actually on public record). Given what little we do know about his track record, given what little is available to public record, I find it likely he'll just completely wet the bed too.

Exactly. Trump is the system he says he wants to dissolve. The difference between him and Hillary is that she would probably freely admit she has no desire to break the status quo.

Trump has no political record. His platform is inconsistent and often amorphous. We're likely about to see him moderate on the cornerstone of his campaign, the very position that got him his original 25% chunk of support in the primaries. I can understand those who vote for him given the proven malfeasance and dishonesty of the alternative, but how anyone can trust a word he says I have no idea.

Reactions: 6 people
Exactly. Trump is the system he says he wants to dissolve. The difference between him and Hillary is that she would probably freely admit she has no desire to break the status quo.

Trump has no political record. His platform is inconsistent and often amorphous. We're likely about to see him moderate on the cornerstone of his campaign, the very position that got him his original 25% chunk of support in the primaries. I can understand those who vote for him given the proven malfeasance and dishonesty of the alternative, but how anyone can trust a word he says I have no idea.

You, sir, are far too kind to the Trumpers, but I did give you a "like" for your rational input, something far too lacking in our democracy today.

You, UTC, are both a patriot and a steward. Very few are ever both. Keep on!

Why not?

Look at how many trusted Obama, twice.

Trumpers pursuing this "Clinton is seriously ill" route is one of the dumbest things I've seen in this election.

They need to stick with what got them here: something incoherent about jobs and deals and something incoherent about making America great again, along with taking Clinton to task for her corruption.

Pursuing this current line is a distraction and makes them look dumber than they've already made themselves look. It's not going to win them the election either, because only stupid people believe such nonsense.

On a related note, still waiting on that IRS Trump audit to end. Even though the IRS has stated there's no reason why he can't already release them, I'm confident there's nothing there to hide and that he will release them shortly. In fact, I'm so confident that I'm going to refuse any food or water until they're released.

Reactions: 3 people
Trumpers pursuing this "Clinton is seriously ill" route is one of the dumbest things I've seen in this election.

They need to stick with what got them here: something incoherent about jobs and deals and something incoherent about making America great again, along with taking Clinton to task for her corruption.

Pursuing this current line is a distraction and makes them look dumber than they've already made themselves look. It's not going to win them the election either, because only stupid people believe such nonsense.

On a related note, still waiting on that IRS Trump audit to end. Even though the IRS has stated there's no reason why he can't already release them, I'm confident there's nothing there to hide and that he will release them shortly. In fact, I'm so confident that I'm going to refuse any food or water until they're released.

There's no need for trump to release his taxes, liberal idiots will distract from the real issues and nitpick him to death over them,he released his financials over a hundred pages long if you're truly interested.

There's no need for trump to release his taxes, liberal idiots will distract from the real issues and nitpick him to death over them,he released his financials over a hundred pages long if you're truly interested.

The Donald won't release his taxes to you and I because he's as crooked as Crooked Hillary. And those tax statements don't even account for how much off-the-record debt he owes his Russian handlers since American and other Western banks no longer give loans to such a disastrous "businessman" as Trump.

The Donald won't release his taxes to you and I because he's as crooked as Crooked Hillary. And those tax statements don't even account for how much off-the-record debt he owes his Russian handlegrs since American and other Western banks no longer give loans to such a disastrous "businessman" as Trump.

That's your opinion and thankfully it's means nothing, try again prof.

The Donald won't release his taxes to you and I because he's as crooked as Crooked Hillary.

I think he's exaggerated his wealth. Since his platform is based on his business success and resultant wealth - pulling back the curtain would expose him as the fraud.

It's really a put up or shut up moment. He could destroy his detractors with a tax return that puts his money where his mouth is, so to speak.

Truly fascinating to watch those who whine about the transparency of the government defend Cheeto for more non transparency as he interviews for the top government job.

Reactions: 5 people
I think he's exaggerated his wealth. Since his platform is based on his business success and resultant wealth - pulling back the curtain would expose him as the fraud.

It's really a put up or shut up moment. He could destroy his detractors with a tax return that puts his money where his mouth is, so to speak.

Truly fascinating to watch those who whine about the transparency of the government defend Cheeto for more non transparency as he interviews for the top government job.

Has Trump stated he would have the most transparent administration in history?

Reactions: 1 person

Trump True Believers are Obama Hopers but on meth.

They're the same individual; their hate and ridiculous utopian ideals, for whatever reasons, just got placed in different directions.

Reactions: 5 people
The Donald won't release his taxes to you and I because he's as crooked as Crooked Hillary. And those tax statements don't even account for how much off-the-record debt he owes his Russian handlers since American and other Western banks no longer give loans to such a disastrous "businessman" as Trump.

Do you have proof of this? There is a difference between debt and investment.

Obama set a standard for this. He could have done the same to his detractors with his college transcripts/ birth certificate but he largely ignored it.

Obama went on to win so there's no reason really for any candidate to release any more than he absolutely has to.

Besides, I doubt there's many people whos trump vote hinges on his tax return. If he releases them and it proves his detractors wrong they'll nitpick some exemption with made up fake anger just to make him look bad or they'll just move on to something else. He has little to nothing to gain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Obama set a standard for this. He could have done the same to his detractors with his college transcripts/ birth certificate but he largely ignored it.

Obama went on to win so there's no reason really for any candidate to release any more than he absolutely has to.

Obama's platform wasn't that of academic achievement. If it were, it would have been justified to gut him for failing to release his transcripts.

Conversely, all Trump has is a platform of personal wealth built on business success. The excuses not to do not outweigh the criticism of putting his money where his mouth is.

The mental gymnastics to rationalize this, while pointing at Obama's grades is fascinating. For the record though, I don't give a rip about Trumps college transcripts.

Last edited:
He's too busy with his sixty hour work week..😂😂😂

It's my "weekend." I work nights (that bleed over into days) Tues.-Sat. (Sun. morning technically).

You smoke pot though and will vote for Trump.

So, in other words, your days of contributing to society are pretty much by you now.

Reactions: 1 person
It's my "weekend." I work nights (that bleed over into days) Tues.-Sat. (Sun. morning technically).

You smoke pot though and will vote for Trump.

So, in other words, your days of contributing to society are pretty much by you now.
Mine are. I just contribute to Vol Nation now.

Uh oh

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...745578-6643-11e6-be4e-23fc4d4d12b4_story.html

The FBI’s year-long investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server uncovered tens of thousands more documents from her time as secretary of state that were not previously disclosed by her attorneys. The State Department is expected to discuss when and how it will release the emails Monday morning in federal court.

The total — confirmed by the Justice Department -- was disclosed by a conservative legal group after the State Department said last week that it would hand over the emails. The number to be released is nearly 50 percent more than the 30,000-plus that Clinton’s lawyers deemed work-related and returned to the department in December 2014.

Lawyers for the State Department and Judicial Watch, the legal group, said in an Aug. 12 court filing that they intended to negotiate a plan for the release, part of a civil public records lawsuit before U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg of Washington.

VN Store

Back