2020 Presidential Race

How would any of that be an embellishment? Which of those things has he not done? Battle fatigues, seen the Afghanistan horizon, or held a rifle? Seems pretty low key.
Yep he was in Afghanistan. I'm guessing he carried a cell phone ane pen instead of a rifle. The guy is a fraud, some people can see it when he speaks. Others drink the Kool aid.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Just to be concise:
“Under the compact, Virginia agrees to award its electoral votes to the presidential ticket that receives the most popular votes in all 50 states and the District of Columbia,”

Reactions: VolnJC
Just to be concise:
“Under the compact, Virginia agrees to award its electoral votes to the presidential ticket that receives the most popular votes in all 50 states and the District of Columbia,”
Am I the only one hoping that Trump loses VA but wins the popular just to see them react?

A vote for Mini Mike is a vote for this guy that stands behind him ..... you get DeBlasio when voting Mike.
Is that what we want with this vote......he'll probably get DeBlasio to be his VP.

EQq4SaTWoAUAorD.jpg

Am I the only one wondering why the people of Virginia would even bother to vote?
I have family in VA and they are livid over what has happened to the state. Apparently the northern VA leaches have taken over the state. Maybe it is time to slice off the northern tip and give it to DC or allow the rest of the state to cede to West Virginia.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Reactions: zeppelin128
I have family in VA and they are livid over what has happened to the state. Apparently the northern VA leaches have taken over the state. Maybe it is time to slice off the northern tip and give it to DC or allow the rest of the state to cede to West Virginia.

This is super funny because Virginia is over-run with people from West Virginia who moved here so they could actually have a decent job for the first time in their godforsaken lives. If they want to go back, nobody is going to cry, but trust me they don't want to go back.

In fact there are two West Virginia families on my street I'd help move. They can take their cars that don't run and their inexplicable giant wood pile (they don't have a stove or foreplace) with them.

Reactions: luthervol
This is super funny because Virginia is over-run with people from West Virginia who moved here so they could actually have a decent job for the first time in their godforsaken lives. If they want to go back, nobody is going to cry, but trust me they don't want to go back.

In fact there are two West Virginia families on my street I'd help move. They can take their cars that don't run and their inexplicable giant wood pile (they don't have a stove or foreplace) with them.

What jobs are those? Coding?

Reactions: VolStrom
He freely admits he didn’t go through basic. Has for a long time. And it’s not uncommon. He describes his own service as nothing extraordinary.

From intel analyst to a military ‘Uber’: Inside Mayor Pete Buttigieg's Afghanistan deployment

How you all act like news that’s 6 months old is shocking or a gotcha is beyond me.
From your own link:

Buttigieg joined the Navy Reserve in 2009, when he was 27, as an intelligence officer through the Reserve's direct commission program offered to applicants with academic degrees. It made him an officer without first having to go through the months of officer training, as most did.

He did have to go through basic training, however, and he told ABC News he got the full experience: being woken up in the middle of the night on the first night, superiors inspecting the rooms for the slightest infractions.

From your own link:

Buttigieg joined the Navy Reserve in 2009, when he was 27, as an intelligence officer through the Reserve's direct commission program offered to applicants with academic degrees. It made him an officer without first having to go through the months of officer training, as most did.

He did have to go through basic training, however, and he told ABC News he got the full experience: being woken up in the middle of the night on the first night, superiors inspecting the rooms for the slightest infractions.
That’s what I said. I don’t know what you think you are pointing out here.

That’s what I said. I don’t know what you think you are pointing out here.
No you said: "He freely admits that he didn't go through basic."

The article you linked and that I highlighted says that he says that he did, so. . . .what exactly did you mean to say but didn't?

You're just lucky I don't live in your neighborhood because I'd have a camping trailer living in my driveway for a few more days, maybe even a week.

No you said: "He freely admits that he didn't go through basic."

The article you linked and that I highlighted says that he says that he did, so. . . .what exactly did you mean to say but didn't?
Ah I see. So it reads as though he wasn’t required to do basic, with the type of commission he got, but did so anyway. Good. Now why do you think he’s lying about it?

Secondarily, and I am not voting for the guy, so what if he got out of basic? He went and served in Afghanistan for several months. He says he was a military Uber driver. He doesn’t claim to be a war hero. But he did serve.

Ah I see. So it reads as though he wasn’t required to do basic, with the type of commission he got, but did so anyway. Good. Now why do you think he’s lying about it?

Secondarily, and I am not voting for the guy, so what if he got out of basic. He went and served in Afghanistan for several months. He says he was a military Uber driver. He doesn’t claim to be a war hero. But he did serve.
I don't. Show me where I have even implied that.

Why are we bagging on a guy who served 7 months in Afghanistan? Pretty low. Attack his policies. He even jokingly refers to his time as “military Uber.” He doesn’t claim to be Patton.
Then don’t pander and try to use his limited service as if it’s some great virtue.

VN Store

Back