2020 Presidential Race

Speaking of the 2020 election, I watched an interview with Andrew Yang on the Joe Rogan show and when I first heard about his UBI and his stance with education I immediately thought it was unsustainable, but after listening to that interview, I am actually not 100% opposed to his plans

Speaking of the 2020 election, I watched an interview with Andrew Yang on the Joe Rogan show and when I first heard about his UBI and his stance with education I immediately thought it was unsustainable, but after listening to that interview, I am actually not 100% opposed to his plans

Well Congrats! Tell me more?

In each individual race, the votes are counted evenly.

To propose a counter argument, do you think that all gubernatorial elections should have their own version of the electoral college. Where people in smaller counties get a disproportionate share of the vote?

If a state decides to do that then fine.

Picked that argument up from Luther didn't ya?

My entire point is that is not how it should be.

I guess that if you go back to the original principles it becomes more clear. We are a union of states and not a union of people ... hence the name "United States" not something like "Republic of America". The whole process wasn't the people forming a country; it was individual states deciding to make a country by banding together. To make it palatable to all, what you call unequal representation was simply a compromise to insure that some states weren't dominated or dwarfed by others, and states not the people determined who would serve at the national level ... and then federalism's ugly head crashed the party. What you want to do is fundamentally change things.

Regarding the bold. I’m perfectly willing to accept that we may just not see eye to eye on this. I don’t think I’m going to change your mind either way. I just think all votes for the same race should count equally.

Regarding the last paragraph, I do think the senate serves a purpose to give small states equal footing in one chamber.
You just don’t understand what you are actually voting for. And if you want to change that then there is a method you can. Good luck .

Reactions: Obsessed

To propose a counter argument, do you think that all gubernatorial elections should have their own version of the electoral college. Where people in smaller counties get a disproportionate share of the vote?
That’s not really a reasonable or even relatable counter argument. A State is not a Union

Megyn Kelly is eyeing an October return to TV to cover the 2020 presidential race after receiving a huge $30 million payout from NBC

Megyn Kelly is reportedly trying to make a return to television in the fall to cover the 2020 presidential race.

A source told PageSix that 'Megyn's trying not to make any decisions right now' because she is 'emotionally scarred from what happened'.

$

Megyn Kelly is eyeing an October return to TV to cover 2020 presidential race | Daily Mail Online

You just don’t understand what you are actually voting for. And if you want to change that then there is a method you can. Good luck .
If enough states pass bills that allow their Electoral to bypass the EC and they vote for whomever wins the popular vote, the states that choose to abide with the EC will have an interesting decision to make. Would be a very good reason to talk secession ( I’m not advocating that at all).

Reactions: AM64
That’s not really a reasonable or even relatable counter argument. A State is not a Union
The point was it is illogical, and not how any normal government would choose to set up their elections. It is only that way because small states know the current system disproportionately benefits them.

There isn’t any one specific reason for the creation of the electoral college, but to put it bluntly, there was skepticism that the people could be entrusted with the decision. It is completely obsolete in an era where people directly cast their vote for president.
Lol. That 2016 still stinging I see.

47 states don't need the 3 states with the most population to tell us who our president will be, the electoral vote works just like it was setup to do.

The point was it is illogical, and not how any normal government would choose to set up their elections. It is only that way because small states know the current system disproportionately benefits them.
********, you completely miss the huge difference and completely fly right over state rights. Funny that you bring up disproportionately befefits someone when you are babbling about the EC being unfair.

Same is true in POTUS race. Each vote in the state counts equally - the votes are for electors.

So why not have all vote for all Congressional members of a state (the Arizona example)? Go ahead, you can say it.

Ah back to the Constitution. The states granted power to the Federal government. The states were autonomous governing entities that agree to collectively cede some power to a centralized authority. Such ceding of power was only agreed to so long as protections for the states in terms of representation was present.

Now if you want to show me a state constitution that was formed by smaller government entities within and contained provisions to ensure each of those entities had representation at the state level then it would be a relevant comparison.

These choices have very specific rationale and historical grounding.

Agreed. It would take massive reform, though.

********, you completely miss the huge difference and completely fly right over state rights. Funny that you bring up disproportionately befefits someone when you are babbling about the EC being unfair.
Fine, but don’t be upset when enough states just decide to go the route of Colorado. They’re just awarding their electoral votes as they see fit and as they’re allowed to do.

VN Store

Back