2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With South Carolina getting to host, I bet the Vols get shifted to the Carolinas/Virginia area where SC would have been playing.

Indiana State’s AD is on NCAA selection committee, another committee member has a son that plays baseball at SC, Auburn’s AD is chairman of committee. How does Danny White get on the committee next year? The committee has shown that RPI and non conference SOS is vitally important. See SC…

With South Carolina getting to host, I bet the Vols get shifted to the Carolinas/Virginia area where SC would have been playing.
Maybe. But there are several teams in that boat. The below teams are all projected 2/3 seeds according to D1:

Campbell
Duke
UNC
East Carolina
Charlotte
NC State
UNC Wilmington

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m concerned that the Vols will get rear-ended yet again when the field is made public 🙄
I don't know how much more rear ended it can be. Projected in the field in the group that holds the 16 seed. 6 of the SEC teams will face off in the Super Regionals if they win their hosted regionals. Not a whole lot of places to put us with the ACC and east coast teams having success. The only thing they could do is send us to the West which is not even a possibility but would be a rear end. We are where we are when 32 slots are taken because the Regionals cannot have two SEC teams in the same field of 4.

I hate to say it, but Tony’s got to stop playing 16 Q4 games. UK and Auburn host because they played 10 less Q4 games, and their SOS were strong OOC.
I wish we would do more games on the level of BC at worst in the midweek. UGA plays Clemson most years in a home and home or neutral site, GT plays Auburn, Scar plays UNC, Vandy plays UofL. There’s no reason for us to not be able to find a P5 school within 3-4 hours to play. Get one of the solid B1G teams down for an early season home series, like Michigan or Maryland (who went to Ole Miss this year). Or find some better G5 schools here and there. Kennesaw State didn’t have the year they expected to but that’s a program infinitely better than APSU or EKU. Within 4 hours you have KSU, USC Upstate, Elon, Charlotte, GSU; all schools with RPI’s sub 100, save for KSU.

If D1 baseball projection holds, there would be only 2 supers that could not have SEC in them so there could be at least 2 of 8 at Omaha not SEC. They also tried to guarantee an ACC in the CWS.

RPI makes no sense. How do you reward a team for losing? That is the new everybody gets a trophy mindset. If you lose, I don't care to who, you lose points. NO way should you gain points by losing. And who cares where you play? You win you get points, maybe very few to none against a lower level team but you should not lose points for winning and lose points for losing. Such a stupid mindset.

The d1baseball.com Final Projection has Terre Haute for Tennessee:

View attachment 553644
If we win and OSU upsets Wake, the choice for Supers could get interesting. OSU was projected to host before crapping the bed in the PAC-12 tourney but their RPI is in the 30’s so you’d think Knoxville would be the choice. Just our luck we would wind up in Corvallis in a 58 degree, 3 day Oregon drizzle and look miserable.

If we were going to be screwed, we will be sent god awful Stillwater, Oklahoma

At least fans can go see softball world series 59.7 miles away

We didn't get rear ended last year. We just played tight. Omaha proved that Notre Dame was just meh.
Notre Dame was also a veteran laden team that got bounced from Supers the prior year by eventual national champion. They were playing well and got hot at the right time. They were full of dudes who were ready for the spotlight.

Who cares where we go? Just win wherever you go.

We have a team that could win the whole damn thing or lose two straight and our season is over in 6 days.

We are who we are. A box of damn Forrest Gump chocolates........

Reactions: theroyz71
Who cares where we go? Just win wherever you go.

We have a team that could win the whole damn thing or lose two straight and our season is over in 6 days.

We are who we are. A box of damn Forrest Gump chocolates........
Maybe folks who want to attend the game?

Who’s going to Terre Haute or who’s been there? Is it a neat college town with small town charm?
Capacity is 2500. Our ticket allotment probably won't even cover players families. I thought there used to be a threshold of capacity to host? Maybe I'm dreaming that up

Capacity is 2500. Our ticket allotment probably won't even cover players families. I thought there used to be a threshold of capacity to host? Maybe I'm dreaming that up
Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Clemson is still a possibility…tougher draw but much better venue.

I’ve never seen such a massive consensus for one destination before. Everyone thinks we’re going to Terre Haute, which would be a great regional for us. I just refuse to believe the committee will actually do it. Typically when there is so much consensus the committee does something different just to spite the prosecutions. My guess is we’re going to Coral Gables.

Which sites would meet that criteria for you? There are only 8 options. Getting sent to Wake Forest would certainly be a screw job. Any others?
Clemson, LSU, and Arkansas would all be bad, IMO- Clemson, because they’re playing probably the best ball right now, and the other two because of the Vols’ road issues.

VN Store

Back