2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions: knoxvol52
We might get UVA, but where do you send Maryland? That seems like the natural place to send the Terrapins. If West Virginia or a team from the northeast were hosting, I’d see UVA as a likely destination for us, but for now I see Coastal or Indiana State as the most likely for us.

Sorry if this has been answered but how does the NCAA handle regional tickets? Are they only offered at the host site ticket office plus the allotted amount to each school's season ticket holders, family, etc... The off chance Tennessee goes to Terre Haute or somewhere driveable, I am not missing it. Any guidance would be greatly appreciate.

Sorry if this has been answered but how does the NCAA handle regional tickets? Are they only offered at the host site ticket office plus the allotted amount to each school's season ticket holders, family, etc... The off chance Tennessee goes to Terre Haute or somewhere driveable, I am not missing it. Any guidance would be greatly appreciate.
You'd have to scalp them.

We might get UVA, but where do you send Maryland? That seems like the natural place to send the Terrapins. If West Virginia or a team from the northeast were hosting, I’d see UVA as a likely destination for us, but for now I see Coastal or Indiana State as the most likely for us.
Maryland maybe to Boston College

Considering we no-showed in the first round of the SEC Tournament, I'm not surprised in the least that we are not hosting.

Hopefully the week off did some good, and there is a sense of urgency and more competitiveness. The time is now.

To be quite honest, my optimism is low.

We're a very capable team. Pre-season What was you the odds are that Charlie Taylor would hit a grandslam? ANd yet he did that and it fired up his team top to bottom because Charlie is NOT an every day starter, but team needs him every single game and every practice. I believe the vols are capable of going on a 6 game win streak because they've done it in the past.

I don't think many teams can say they did that against moderate competition because of the non-SEC conference they are in. At least the Vols baseball team has no reason to doubt, regardless of seeding or hosting, what they are capable of unleashing on the rest of the NCAA.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to play the Vols until the sweet 16 or Round of 8, but someone is going to have to use up some pitching if they are unlucky enough to have to play us early. js

It’s what I found too, but it’s from yesterday so there will be changes. Tulane is in, for example 😀

Thank you, I'll keep looking every few hours, but I wanted people to be aware that the pundits are out there and some of them are really good at what they do, just like they are for NCAA Hoops tournament.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
If that was the case....then UK shouldn't be hosting a regional. It was our road record I guess. They obviously don't care about how you finish your season since UK and SCjr are hosting.
Kentucky had that crazy RPI. While I think they are a joke and the RPI is manipulated, I don't think we were competing with them for a spot. Maybe Alabama or maybe, maybe South Carolina.

D1 Baseball got 15 of the 16 host sites correct. They had Campbell hosting instead of South Carolina.
I think their prediction of Tennessee to Indiana State is a good one. There are only 8 possibilities, and I think Wake Forest, Stanford, and Clemson are very unlikely. I think Maryland goes to UVA, and I think either Duke, ECU, or UNC goes to Coastal. That leaves Miami, Oklahoma State, and Indiana State. Geography and natural seeding rules make Indiana State the most likely destination in my eyes. But I am usually wrong and the NCAA isn’t always the most logical organization to predict.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:

Auburn, Alabama – Auburn (34-21-1)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (43-15)
Charlottesville, Virginia – Virginia (45-12)
Clemson, South Carolina – Clemson (43-17)
Columbia, South Carolina – South Carolina (39-19)
Conway, South Carolina – Coastal Carolina (39-19)
Coral Gables, Florida – Miami (FL) (40-19)
Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (41-16)
Gainesville, Florida – Florida (44-14)
Lexington, Kentucky – Kentucky (36-18)
Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (41-18)
Stanford, California – Stanford (38-16)
Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma State (41-17) through games of 5/28
Terre Haute, Indiana – Indiana State (42-15)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama – Alabama (40-19)
Winston-Salem, North Carolina – Wake Forest (47-10)

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/...ed-2023-ncaa-division-i-baseball-championship

We're a very capable team. Pre-season What was you the odds are that Charlie Taylor would hit a grandslam? ANd yet he did that and it fired up his team top to bottom because Charlie is NOT an every day starter, but team needs him every single game and every practice. I believe the vols are capable of going on a 6 game win streak because they've done it in the past.

I don't think many teams can say they did that against moderate competition because of the non-SEC conference they are in. At least the Vols baseball team has no reason to doubt, regardless of seeding or hosting, what they are capable of unleashing on the rest of the NCAA.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to play the Vols until the sweet 16 or Round of 8, but someone is going to have to use up some pitching if they are unlucky enough to have to play us early. js

I agree with you that is team very capable, has the talent, and has the pitching depth to go on a win streak. However, my question is do we execute and put things together? That remains to be seen. My concern is mostly about the inconsistency of our offense. The lineup is so up and down from game to game. I realize that there is also bad luck at times, but still we don't know what to expect. I'm also concerned about how this team handles adversity away from home. They seem to become easily frustrated and lack competitiveness when adversity hits. That is worrisome to me.
I hope they prove me wrong, and they do go on a deep run. As of now, I'm still skeptical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomer78
I agree with you that are very capable, have the talent, and have the pitching depth to go on a win streak. However, my question is do we execute and put things together? That remains to be seen. My concern is mostly about the inconsistency of our offense. The lineup is so up and down from game to game. I realize that there is also bad luck at times, but still we don't know what to expect. I'm also concerned about how this team handles adversity away from home. They seem to become easily frustrated and lack competitiveness when adversity hits. That is worrisome to me.

I hope they prove me wrong, and they do go on a deep run. As of now, I'm still skeptical.
They require an epiphany. Come together…right now…ova me.

VN Store

Back