2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Andrew Lindsey vs. his former team, Charlotte. Wow.

It’s a tough regional, but not impossible.

One game at a time.
Lindsey has been your hottest pitcher, im not sure it wouldnt be a bad idea to save him for a game 2.
Beam, Lindsey. Then you have your first round draft pick either trying to pitch you to the supers or out of the losers bracket.

I am not going to argue with you. SP if you think Vols resume wasn't good. Bad road record is true, but two things can be true. They're not mutually exclusive. Vandy also had mediocre road wins, and Arky got swept by the Bulldogs also. Didn't seem to hurt either of them. It's apparent the committee is pushing non-SEC programs trying to "grow" the sport outside of the SEC blueprint. We were one of the hottest SEC teams down the stretch.
The committee assumes it's best for business as everybody knows politics is factored into all aspects of life even sports

LOL, who did we beat worth a pulse down the stretch? A ton of bad teams.

You keep changing the goalposts in an attempt to justify, "Vols resume isn't good." But sure, I'll tackle this fallacy also. Vols won 4 of their last 5 SEC series, including a sweep over National seed Vanderbilt, and series wins over KY, and @SC.

Move those goalposts again and hit me with something else. ;)

You keep changing the goalposts in an attempt to justify, "Vols resume isn't good." But sure, I'll tackle this fallacy also. Vols won 4 of their last 5 SEC series, including a sweep over National seed Vanderbilt, and series wins over KY, and @SC.

Move those goalposts again and hit me with something else. ;)
When have I moved the goal posts. Weak OOC, bad road team, two extremly bad series losses.

Eventually, you have to go play and beat people.

But, some of these regionals are not balanced. And some of the hosts are not deserved. Indiana State won 2 games against the RPI top 50. Texas A&M did more than that at the SEC tournament alone.

If you are going to be a Division I baseball program, you have to be prepared to travel if that's where you deserve to go.

Lindsey has been your hottest pitcher, im not sure it wouldnt be a bad idea to save him for a game 2.
Beam, Lindsey. Then you have your first round draft pick either trying to pitch you to the supers or out of the losers bracket.

Fair point. It’ll be interesting to see who we go with. Great that we have a variety of options in our pitching staff.

VN Store

Back