2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CALLING @mad4vols

Security needed.

tumblr_mae927SNFt1rrx7h7o1_500.gif

Lindsey has been your hottest pitcher, im not sure it wouldnt be a bad idea to save him for a game 2.
Beam, Lindsey. Then you have your first round draft pick either trying to pitch you to the supers or out of the losers bracket.

I wouldn’t mix things up. Stick with Lindsey. You have to win game 1. Beam has been very hot and cold. Charlotte is a solid club. We can’t underestimate them.

We have the pitching that everyone else envies. And theyve been really good lately, peaking at the right time. If they continue to be dominant, we won't need a ton of runs, just a few timely hits, walks, etc. We have to take better approaches to soft tossing lefties, but otherwise I don't see why we can't beat anyone when our pitching is dominant.

I wouldn’t mix things up. Stick with Lindsey. You have to win game 1. Beam has been very hot and cold. Charlotte is a solid club. We can’t underestimate them.
I get both arguments, I agree Charlotte is good, im just trying to think what gives us the best advantage.
The last thing we want is a streaky Beam in an elimination game. What if its one of his bad days?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And using logic, I think they're right too. I am as big an SEC homer as there is, but I live in reality too.

There is too much baseball talent out of California to believe that more of the schools out west do not belong.

We have the pitching that everyone else envies. And theyve been really good lately, peaking at the right time. If they continue to be dominant, we won't need a ton of runs, just a few timely hits, walks, etc. We have to take better approaches to soft tossing lefties, but otherwise I don't see why we can't beat anyone when our pitching is dominant.
Exactly, thats how you win in the postseason manufacturing runs.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
If Vols and Southern Miss win their brackets, I feel the Super Regional is headed to Southern Miss.

• If they are equally seeded teams, the official tiebreaker as stated on the NCAA’s website is “the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (e.g., quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one of the teams has submitted a proposal, that team shall host if the proposal is acceptable.”

I get both arguments, I agree Charlotte is good, im just trying to think what gives us the best advantage.
The last thing we want is a streaky Beam in an elimination game. What if its one of his bad days?

It’s high-risk, high-reward. But if it gets to an elimination game you can always put Burns back out there as a starter if he hasn’t had to close. I just think winning game 1 is so important. Have to get off to a good start in a regional otherwise you’re basically screwed.

Charlotte isn't good. Army beat them 2 of 3. VT beat them all 3 and scored a ton of runs and VT can't pitch a lick. WKU swept them. UNC spanked them. Cmon.

It’s high-risk, high-reward. But if it gets to an elimination game you can always put Burns back out there as a starter if he hasn’t had to close. I just think winning game 1 is so important. Have to get off to a good start in a regional otherwise you’re basically screwed.
I dont trust Burns enough to start him right now, hes not missing bats.

If Vols and Southern Miss win their brackets, I feel the Super Regional is headed to Southern Miss.

• If they are equally seeded teams, the official tiebreaker as stated on the NCAA’s website is “the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (e.g., quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one of the teams has submitted a proposal, that team shall host if the proposal is acceptable.”

What makes you say that? I’m sure we submitted a hosting proposal just like USM.

Clemson has Grice (who pitches, too) and Amick. Those are two to watch for.
Just like softball rides (or rode) Cagle like a rented mule, baseball rides Grice.
They’ll be loud and rowdy there, because they’re salty over football and the Lady Vols beating their softball team.
I would recommend Smokin’ Pig in nearby Pendleton for BBQ. It’s right on the main 4- lane highway going into campus from I-85. There are some neat little mom & pop places around campus and downtown.
I hope the Vols take care of business against Charlotte first. Clemson is flying high, after winning the ACC championship yesterday, albeit not against the #1 team, so I would like nothing better than for the Vols to hit them in the mouth early and knock them out of their own regional. One game at a time and go into it with a business-like approach like they did at SCjr, and it’s a good bet.
GB🍊

Charlotte isn't good. Army beat them 2 of 3. VT beat them all 3 and scored a ton of runs and VT can't pitch a lick. WKU swept them. UNC spanked them. Cmon.

You’re on the juice today OJ. So just no one except SEC teams are good? Is that about right? Campbell sure looked good last year. Georgia Tech sure looked good to me. And that was a much better Tennessee team and at home.

And using logic, I think they're right too. I am as big an SEC homer as there is, but I live in reality too.

There is too much baseball talent out of California to believe that more of the schools out west do not belong.
That's what that RPI rant was about ,Petersen bitching about UCSB

VN Store

Back