2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes you say that? I’m sure we submitted a hosting proposal just like USM.

Southern Miss's stadium and facilities are top-notch. Their record attendance is 6,346 compared to 5,086 at LNS. Their top 10 attendance records all exceed LNS's top attendance ever recorded... and in in the event of the "tie" the host is selected by the NCAA. It isn't coming home to Knoxville in that scenario, imo.

Break the bracket in half

1 Wake Forest
16 Alabama

8 Stanford (Texas A&M)
9 Miami

4 Clemson (Tennessee)
13 Auburn

5 LSU
12 Kentucky

2 Florida
15 South Carolina

6 Vanderbilt
11 Oklahoma State

7 Virginia
10 Coastal Carolina

3 Arkansas
14 Indiana State

top half has 6 SEC teams
Bottom half has 4 teams
4 seeded SEC teams in both halves
2 Brackets have SEC teams paired against another SEC teams.
I actually think the chance that both SEC teams get through those two are slim. Kentucky has no business hosting. LSU lacks pitching depth. South Carolina has no business hosting. Florida's recent regional record is bad.
It is sad, with so many teams in this region that A&M was shipped all the way to Stanford. Going to Stillwater or Miami would have made far more sense
and I guess Tennessee being selected for Winston-Salem was closer to actually happening than I thought.
Would have preferred Wake Forest

tumblr_inline_pcnqcm1ItI1sowm6a_540.gif

on Clemson

Friday’s games
Game 1:
No. 1 Clemson (43-17) vs. No. 4 Lipscomb (36-24), 1 p.m., ESPN+
Game 2: No. 2 Tennessee (38-19) vs. No. 3 Charlotte (34-26), 6 p.m., ESPNU

Reactions: knoxvol52
We have the pitching that everyone else envies. And theyve been really good lately, peaking at the right time. If they continue to be dominant, we won't need a ton of runs, just a few timely hits, walks, etc. We have to take better approaches to soft tossing lefties, but otherwise I don't see why we can't beat anyone when our pitching is dominant.
Only if our hitting lets us down. That happened in our few losses down the stretch. (1 run, shutout)…but like you say, soft tossing lefties = Kryptonite.

Should change VolNation to PanicNation. Who cares where we are sent. At some point if you want to win a title you got to play any of the teams in the field. We have good pitching depth. We have solid hitting. As long as they get the dang bat off the shoulder and swing at good pitches and quit swinging at pitches in the dirt or 10 inches off the plate. I feel like we can play with and win this regional. Yeah i get that the season didnt go as planned. But the goal was to make the field and see what happens. Let Roll this train to Omaha.

Clemson has Grice (who pitches, too) and Amick. Those are two to watch for.
Just like softball rides (or rode) Cagle like a rented mule, baseball rides Grice.
They’ll be loud and rowdy there, because they’re salty over football and the Lady Vols beating their softball team.
I would recommend Smokin’ Pig in nearby Pendleton for BBQ. It’s right on the main 4- lane highway going into campus from I-85. There are some neat little mom & pop places around campus and downtown.
I hope the Vols take care of business against Charlotte first. Clemson is flying high, after winning the ACC championship yesterday, albeit not against the #1 team, so I would like nothing better than for the Vols to hit them in the mouth early and knock them out of their own regional. One game at a time and go into it with a business-like approach like they did at SCjr, and it’s a good bet.
GB🍊
Good ice cream on Clemson campus, made by the school. ‘55 Exchange is the name.

Clemson Stadium:

"Doug Kingsmore Stadium has over 4,500 permanent seats, but is capable of holding 6,272 fans thanks to a hill area down the left-field line that is popular with the Clemson student body. The stadium attendance record was set on March 6, 2022, when 6,636 fans saw Clemson defeat South Carolina 5-2 and finish the series sweep."

Doug Kingsmore Stadium

Vols OOC schedule in 2024 will be better. Lots of P5 names in the Shriner's Classic held in Dallas to start the season: Baylor, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Texas Tech

https://www.wate.com/sports/orange-...ll-to-return-to-texas-for-2024-season-opener/
Maybe I'm going wrong direction but can't they schedule home and home series as the do in Basketball and Football in non conference. If it's possible why Not schedule Stanford, Coastal Carolina ,TCU and such instead of 3 games sets vs EKU makes more sense to challenge yourself in non conference than to pad your stats but maybe I'm wrong

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back