2024-2025 Tennessee Basketball Team Discussion

I see Chaz’s only trait equal to or better than Vescovi based on early season reports is he’s likely a better shooter than last year’s Vescovi. I suspect he won’t match Vescovi’s rebounding, defense, or assists. Like JJJ, Vescovi ended up being something of an extra coach on the floor which we won’t see from any one year portal rental. IMO, Chaz is going to have to score 12-15 a game on a high percentage shooting to match the overall contribution we lose with Vescovi. JMO, TIFWIW

Santi is hard to replace because he did everything at a pretty high level, never an apples to apples. Just saying Lanier is more of a Santi type player (size/position) than Knecht type.

I think we'll have a good team, just hope we stay healthy and the team chemistry is there sooner rather than later.

Probably other 4s would be Dubar and Mashack as small ball 4s who have better outside shots compared to Cade.
I could see some cade + Igor lineups. Not sure who would technically be the 4/5 in those situations. I doubt Cade shares the floor with Felix too much though since neither is much threat outside the paint afaik

Probably other 4s would be Dubar and Mashack as small ball 4s who have better outside shots compared to Cade.
They would. And I love JM, but even tho he has and can guard that spot, he shouldn’t be a plan or even a backup plan imo. The recent stuff I’ve read about Dubar has me wondering a little too. Not saying anything really, just sayin… lol

Bought my ticket for the Illinois game today!! Was hoping to go to the Louisville game but cheapest tickets I've found so far are around $120

I'm looking for 2 tickets to the MTSU game on 12/23. It's mine and my daughters annual birthday celebration. We go every year around our birthdays. Her birthday is on the 17th and mine in the 23rd. Any help would be great. Seems all the decent seats are fine already. Any help would be great.

They would. And I love JM, but even tho he has and can guard that spot, he shouldn’t be a plan or even a backup plan imo. The recent stuff I’ve read about Dubar has me wondering a little too. Not saying anything really, just sayin… lol
What they been saying about Dubar? I haven’t been keeping up with practice reports

Surely he hasn’t forgotten how to shoot over 40% from corner 3’s as he did last season. That’s a valuable skill.
Per one of the UT insiders on Trilly discord, he is really mentally struggling with the transition.

Spill the rest of the beans. Whats that guy have to say about the rest of the team?
Saw someone post his entire breakdown in one of the threads in here a few days ago. Basic gist is that he thinks Igor is a first team all conference level player and the team will be good. Felix and Cade also look great, just need JP to get healthy to complete the front court. Need another guard or two other than Z to step up and provide consistent buckets. Chaz/Carr developing some consistency will determine if we can compete at the top of conference/country.

Z/Chaz/Shack/Igor/Felix are almost surely set in stone as starters.

Saw someone post his entire breakdown in one of the threads in here a few days ago. Basic gist is that he thinks Igor is a first team all conference level player and the team will be good. Felix and Cade also look great, just need JP to get healthy to complete the front court. Need another guard or two other than Z to step up and provide consistent buckets. Chaz/Carr developing some consistency will determine if we can compete at the top of conference/country.

Z/Chaz/Shack/Igor/Felix are almost surely set in stone as starters.
Thanks for the info. Dang, Milicic has been on my radar as a potential bust, but all reports suggest otherwise. Very interested to see him in action against a good opponent. The lack of glowing reviews on Lanier, on the other hand, is a little disheartening. I think this will be an interesting team; bball season can't come soon enough.

Thanks for the info. Dang, Milicic has been on my radar as a potential bust, but all reports suggest otherwise. Very interested to see him in action against a good opponent. The lack of glowing reviews on Lanier, on the other hand, is a little disheartening. I think this will be an interesting team; bball season can't come soon enough.
I think Lanier has been batting injuries this offseason as well. Not sure any of us are expecting some breakout season from him, but need him to get healthy in the next few weeks for a bench piece capable of getting hot/playing D.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have been very intrigued by Igor since he committed given his skillset and measurables so very encouraging to hear these reports although we will need to see it on the court against high level competition. I loved the Okpara addition from Day 1 - experienced player from B10 with the perfect mentality for a team coached by Rick Barnes and someone who will pair very nicely with ZZ. Just need Chaz to be a legit 3-pt threat and shoot +40% and we will figure out ways to get him looks assuming he can't consistently create his own shot at this level. Really concerned about the reports on Dubar - hope it clicks for him soon.

Really? The hype train on him has neared danger levels for a month or so, now. Expecting 1st Team All-SEC (as discussed in the Trilly discord) is perhaps the most qualified example of overhype I've seen, though. Not saying it can't/won't happen, but he would have far exceeded anyone's expectations from when he committed if that were to occur. Still, he's probably been the most talked about newcomer, and is a serious candidate to lead us in scoring.

Reactions: berryvol
Really? The hype train on him has neared danger levels for a month or so, now. Expecting 1st Team All-SEC (as discussed in the Trilly discord) is perhaps the most qualified example of overhype I've seen, though. Not saying it can't/won't happen, but he would have far exceeded anyone's expectations from when he committed if that were to occur. Still, he's probably been the most talked about newcomer, and is a serious candidate to lead us in scoring.
Yes, but that's me being conservative and not putting a lot of stock into glowing offseason reports. I think offseason reporting has gotten a lot better over the last couple years, but my guard is just up, especially in the scope of mid-major transfers. Obviously just a gut feeling, and it would be awesome to be wrong. If this man scores better than Zeigler, that would be a shock to me. A very welcome shock.

VN Store

Back