2024 NBA Offseason

Paul George agrees to a 4/$212 million contract with Philadelphia.

Chris Paul signs with Spurs 1/$11 million

KCP signs with Magic 3/$66 million

Derrick Jones Jr signs with Clippers 3/ $30 million

Last edited:
OKC has to be the favorite in the West now pending what moves Denver can make to replace KCP.

Denver may be done competing for titles. Losing KCP was huge. Depth was already a problem for them and they lost the perfect 5th starter. Without KCP, they are still well over the cap. They also don't have a lot of options for trades. They do have draft capital they can package, but they have to get rid of salary to take on salary. They don't have a $15m-20m contract laying around for a trade. They got 4 key guys making $23M+ and a bunch of mostly nobodies making $2m-5m. Basically, they'd have to trade about 5 guys just to get a Duncan Robinson.

It feels like Michael Porter Jr has to go to another level for them to be in serious contention next year and they gotta get lucky with Peyton Watson or somebody in development.

There are also ways for the FO to figure this out, it's just going to be hard.

Reactions: Rifleman
Celtics are for sale. They about to make a FORTUNE

Russillo had a really good open about how we finally have what is effectively a hard cap. He pointed out until now, the Clippers would have just given PG the 4 years. Nuggets would have just given KCP the $. Warriors would have just given Klay the $. The Warriors and Clippers are not stingy teams. They paid more tax than anybody.

Reactions: Volfan1000
OKC has to be the favorite in the West now pending what moves Denver can make to replace KCP.
They’re the most complete team now but there’s not much of a gap at the top. Mavs, Wolves, Nuggets are all still good enough to win a 7 game series. It’ll be another tough year in the west

I agree about OKC and the west. They and the Celtics are on their own tier right now.

There is a chance the Celtics are way better next year. The biggest if is KP being healthy. Tatum can play a lot better in the playoffs. Seems like Brown is still ascending. Now that they've had reps together as a core 5, they ought to be better.

OKC was a nightmare this past year and you would expect them to be be better next year, even if they didn't just fill their biggest need with the best guy available and even if they hadn't traded their biggest playoff problem for an elite role player who is also an NBA champion. Presti is just killing it.

Rob Pelinka is the worst GM in Lakers history.

Jerry West and Mitch Kupchak helped build a dynasty through the years and Pelinka has done nothing. Yes I know he brought LeBron but a blind monkey could've been GM. It wasn't a big secret the LBJ was going to Lakers to begin with. Oh yes Pelinka acquired AD even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

Jerry West and Mitch Kupchak helped build a dynasty through the years and Pelinka has done nothing. Yes I know he brought LeBron but a blind monkey could've been GM. It wasn't a big secret the LBJ was going to Lakers to begin with. Oh yes Pelinka acquired AD even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

As a friend, I'm here to tell you that Lakers fans are the most spoiled fans that have ever existed. You've had 3 in 30+ years, and all 3 won titles, crying about your worst GM ever.

He inherited a 6-year mess and it's been mostly success since then. You can say Lebron fell in his lap but AD did not. Idiots still argue that the package was too big.

Rob Pelinka literally signed or traded for everybody on that title team. He grabbed KCP and Caruso off the scrap heap. People looked at the Rondo signing sideways and it was huge. He was the last person to get anything out of Danny Green. Javale McGee. Dwight Howard. All great moves.

Add Reaves as a gem of a find. Knecht is a great pick.

The only complaints you should have are about leveraging the future too much with the Westbrook trade and letting Caruso walk, and we don't even know how much blame he gets for that.

Positive win % in the playoffs and regular season in the most competitive conference that has ever existed. Nobody wants to hear you complain. 🤓

Imagine if you were paying $80m for Lonzo, Kuzma, and Brandon Ingram right now. No AD. No title. Just the homegrown kids + Lebron. Ingram has a great team around him and can't do ****. They are shopping him. Ball is hurt. Kuzma's worth 1/3 his salary. That's where you could be.

Last edited:
Klay Thompson = 3 years and $50m

WTF just happened? He turned down a $48m/2 extension with the Warriors.

He’s chasing a championship without Curry and Kurr, to cement his legacy, is what it looks like to me. I don’t think Luka needs another 3 pt shooter though. Clay needs to focus on his Chinese market and stay West.

Pelinka has had his hands tied by the real GM there, LeBron James...

Pelinka has had his hands tied by the real GM there, LeBron James...

I've got to believe they've both had a lot to take credit and blame for in the process and it's hard to separate the two.

The part where Pelinka maybe gets unfair grief is for caving too much to Lebron. I don't think people understand why it's like that. I think if you're the one actually making the decisions and you care about $, relevance, and being competitive, he delivers huge in all regards. On top of that, the Klutch factor hangs over you.

However, now is the time for Pelinka to start putting his foot down. Sure, lock yourself into Lebron for 4 years, but stop letting him influence how you manage future assets.

VN Store

Back