2024 Presidential Race

That’s a lie. Those examples I gave are proof, you just chose to glaze over it. Nobody at those private schools in Chattanooga will opt to go to Public and those in say Farragut will not opt to go to AE, Carter or Fulton. But those kids do opt to go to Hardin Valley and Farragut.
What you speak of isn't a "public education" problem. It is a family, community, and socio-economic issue.

What you speak of isn't a "public education" problem. It is a family, community, and socio-economic issue.
Not disagreeing. But unfortunately the schools are also a reflection with the results.

What you mentioned is also taboo. Viscous cycle

And if state and local governments lived up to those responsibilities.
The problem arises when those responsibilities are not met.

If local and state governments are failing, the voters in those areas need to step up and rethink things to get people in leadership positions who will correct course. It’s not the federal government’s place to go stomping into locales / states to “fix” problems. The federal government doesn’t have a good track record of fixing things anyways.

You don’t think public education is failing? Do you believe those in East Knoxville are on par with West Knoxville Schools? You’re from the Nashville area, are those public schools in downtown on par with Brentwood, Ravenwood and Franklin HS? No need to mention Chattanooga. It’s private school or move to the suburbs.
Public education is an absolute joke.

you think public education is succeeding? Scores and capability metrics continue to fall. Public Educations response to Covid started a marked decrease in results, and it hasn't gotten better at nearly the same rate.

pretty much every single one you listed is failing pretty bad.

the interstates are ill-repaired, with tons of failing bridges, and unsafe conditions.

libraries have reimagined themselves, but usage is still down.

prisons are over populated with huge crime issues, drugs, contraband, corruption at every level. the return rate is abysmal.
Public education was a colossal failure well before Covid. Amazingly, it got even worse since then.

sure. never said it should change anything, or that it was the worst day since 9/11 or any other hyperbolics you guys are trying to defend. just that it was a bad look for Trump. simple as that. but you guys can't even accept an honest criticism. plenty of Vets took exception to it, its not just liberals making an agenda.
It was a good look for Trump. It is a bad look for his opponent who had not been now, then, yet.

you think public education is succeeding? Scores and capability metrics continue to fall. Public Educations response to Covid started a marked decrease in results, and it hasn't gotten better at nearly the same rate.

pretty much every single one you listed is failing pretty bad.

the interstates are ill-repaired, with tons of failing bridges, and unsafe conditions.

libraries have reimagined themselves, but usage is still down.

prisons are over populated with huge crime issues, drugs, contraband, corruption at every level. the return rate is abysmal.
Now imagine how much worse it would be were those things not in place.

That’s a lie. Those examples I gave are proof, you just chose to glaze over it. Nobody at those private schools in Chattanooga will opt to go to Public and those in say Farragut will not opt to go to AE, Carter or Fulton. But those kids do opt to go to Hardin Valley and Farragut.
If you were educated in a public school, then you are your own best example.

So what your saying is that this thread we should only be discussing the 2024 election candidates, and accept the double standard being set by the MSM and military towards Trump. Because you can't give any decent reason for the difference..it the same tactics leftist Jack like.BB85 employ all the time..."oh we aren't discussing that..just this so the rest is irreverent".
who said anything about accepting the double standard? I said both were wrong. you are just making that up to further deflect. instead of just admitting that it wasn't a good look for Trump with many in this nation. I don't care why they think it was bad, but it was seen as bad.

It amazes me how you guys will jump through and defend every single thing Trump has ever done. I bet you have started putting ketchup on your steaks just to stick it to the leftists and defend Trump.

So just don’t have floors? That’s not a logical answer. “This floor isn’t perfect and therefore I will have none!”

You also ignored the important question. Do you actually care? I don’t think anyone truly cares that Trump took a photo. And is it better to have came and taken the photo or to have stayed home like Harris?
I don't care, but some people do. I was never voting for Trump anyway. and its going to going to push me to Harris either before you get bent out of shape for not licking Trumps boots.

no the solution is to do the floors yourself, or find someone ELSE who will give you floors with flaws you can accept. you are fine with everything Trump does, and think everything he touches turns to gold, fine; but that doesn't mean that everyone lives in that world.

instead of being able to say "Yeah louder I agree, that wasn't the best possible look for Trump." you have jumped in with deflections.

I don't get why either side isn't capable of admitting their candidate isn't 100% perfect. you just ignore their bad, while complaining about the exact same thing from the other side.

Now imagine how much worse it would be were those things not in place.
You are being incredibly intellectually lazy.

just because what is there is better than nothing, doesn't mean that we should stick with what is there.

just because the fed does it now, doesn't justify the fed continuing to do it.

many problems are going to be better addressed at a more local scale. a one size fits all is going to squeeze in some areas, limiting rights, and be loose in others, allowing problems/corruption/crime on every single person/state.

Maybe. I think they are the same question though. The only reason Trump was there was that the families invited him. And the families were the one who asked to take his picture. The media tries to cynically make it out to be that Trump went there on his own initiative to film a campaign ad. The facts seem to prove otherwise (unless people want to call Gold Star families liars)
Trump’s team released an ad with the footage on TikTok, and the Utah politician who was with him used photos from Arlington for a fundraising email.

They went there for an unofficial event, immediately started the “where is Kamala” stuff (ie CAMPAIGNING) even though it was an unofficial event, and then used pictures and video from said unofficial event in a campaign ad and a campaign email. Probably correctly thought that the right would be fine with it if they framed any pushback as lack of patriotism or “insulting the Gold Star families”

If you were educated in a public school, then you are your own best example.
My generation needed 2.0 GPA and an 18 to get into UT. I also graduated from a school that bussed inner cities kids in. So again, same problems then are here today. My success doesn’t speak to the failures of public schools. Again, those examples I said earlier hold true.

VN Store

Back