2024 Presidential Race

That's putting the cart before the horse. They will have to be evaluated. I'm sure we can think of several that should be reduced where they are hiding leeches.

If he came out and named a federal bureaucracy he was eliminating I would vote for him. I can think of several so it shouldn’t be hard for him.

If he came out and named a federal bureaucracy he was eliminating I would vote for him. I can think of several so it shouldn’t be hard for him.

That is a tough position to take. Even if he said it it wouldn't guarantee it would happen. I think committing to at least a 10% reduction in costs is a softer but effective plan. You're generically saying you're going to cut government.

That is a tough position to take. Even if he said it it wouldn't guarantee it would happen. I think committing to at least a 10% reduction in costs is a softer but effective plan. You're generically saying you're going to cut government.
I don't even think it needs to be that hard. Take the initiative in de-concentrating fed agencies in DC and most people will quit on their own. Then you just don't fill the positions.

Now is the perfect time to do it, too.

“If Republicans in the House, and Senate, don’t get absolute assurances on Election Security, THEY SHOULD, IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, GO FORWARD WITH A CONTINUING RESOLUTION,” Trump wrote on Tuesday hours before the debate.

Did Trump demand a govt shutdown?

Is this not election interference?

“If Republicans in the House, and Senate, don’t get absolute assurances on Election Security, THEY SHOULD, IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, GO FORWARD WITH A CONTINUING RESOLUTION,” Trump wrote on Tuesday hours before the debate.

A government shutdown is a winning proposition. I fail to see the issue here.

We all can name several, but it takes more than naming, it takes action. A lot of promises/proposals before the election usually fall short when the rubber meets the road. Would not waste my time on promises from either one of these candidates.

Bc its not happening. There isn't some mass problem of immigrants eating peoples pets. The most common cited one is an American whose clearly crazy. Everything else is baseless accusations with no real back up. So its categorically laughable for a debate, for POTUS of the US, to bring it up like its some issue. Its not. He looked like an idiot. He will be mocked for it by everyone who isn't a staunch supporter. He needs to distance himself from the debate as much as possible. If it wasn't a gaf why isn't his campaign showing all the proof? Read carefully his campaign.

Hell pre-debate Clay Travis claimed if Trump took the stage holding a cat he would win. All based off a video of a non Haitian legal US citizen citizen eating a cat in her driveway. All bc the internet idiots claimed otherwise . That's what started all this.
I don’t understand why they haven’t pivoted to another situation that can be documented. Surely they have volunteers in some city that has been negatively affected by bussing in large number of immigrants that can run down and grab a police report for them or give them a testimonial about overcrowded hospitals or something where they can at least say “this is the point he was trying to make,” and turn it back on Harris.

For the past three weeks or so, they had managed to get the right wing trolls going after Harris on bad policy and flip flopping and they were making up a ton of ground.

Now they’re all out here looking insane again talking about how Trump actually won and also he got taken to pound town by a couple of sorority girls with earphones.

Guess I am different….I vote prefer what is best for my kids/grandkids then me and the populous.
So if the past 4yrs made most people better off (based on your own post) why would going backwards benefit anyone? You believe uncontrolled spending is good for the future generations?

Has he committed to any reductions in spending? And keep in mind, most anytime a politician talks about reducing spending they are talking about reducing the increase in spending and not actual spending amounts.

No

Reactions: USF grad in TN
A government shutdown is a winning proposition. I fail to see the issue here.
Some Republicans running for re-election say "No"
Just another control issue and display of a dysfunctional Congress.
Trump as President I can see it, but Trump as Candidate is interference.
Already did so with the Border bill to avoid a loss.
Shows the dysfunction in Rep Party
Serves Trump not the people. Shows he does not understand what his job his.

Has he committed to any reductions in spending? And keep in mind, most anytime a politician talks about reducing spending they are talking about reducing the increase in spending and not actual spending amounts.

He's talked about having Musk study and make recommendations. Perhaps he wasn't serious.

He's talked about having Musk study and make recommendations. Perhaps he wasn't serious.

He's had plenty of time to have concrete policies that he's going to enact. If Trump were serious he's resurrect the "Contract with America" approach Newt and the Rs used in 1992 to win congress. Lay out a hard agenda already agreed to by R congressional/senate candidates and sell that plan. He'd and the Rs would win in a landslide.

So if the past 4yrs made most people better off (based on your own post) why would going backwards benefit anyone? You believe uncontrolled spending is good for the future generations?
We were all better off under Trump. I am not for uncontrolled spending but I am for secure borders, supporting police, lower prices on everyday items, lower fuel prices, lower insurance prices, lower taxes, I am not for unrealized gains taxes.

If you want larger government, higher cost, funding wars all over the world, higher fuel costs and higher taxes, Kamala is for you.

VN Store

Back