2024 Presidential Race

Awful, ambiguous and just plain dumb of an answer. She started talking about teachers, firefighters and nurses even after followup about her answer about small business. She has no idea what she's talking about besides an ideological position of taxing more.

I'm just in the middle class, and they are killing me in taxes. It now bothers me that our government gives refunds for more than people pay in.
Yes, that is crazy. The term is refundable tax credits and I think that started under Obama. Nutty concept. Crazy that our Congress ever went with it

He didn't preserve the union, he tore it apart then started a war that killed almost a million Americans to force it back together.
No, that's a very skewed take.

In the words of Bill Lumbergh, "I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you."

Reactions: lostsheep
No, that's a very skewed take.

In the words of Bill Lumbergh, "I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you."

Hey, anyone can write an article twisting history to fit their preconceived notions but the facts are indisputable. Lincoln caused the breakup and then killed hundreds of thousands to force it back together. I won't even go into how he allowed European bankers to enrich themselves off the war, it would just lead you into a tantrum.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Yes, that is crazy. The term is refundable tax credits and I think that started under Obama. Nutty concept. Crazy that our Congress ever went with it

Getting a refund for more than your total payroll tax paid in didn't start with Obama. This has been a loophole for a late Christmas bonus for decades.

There are actually many Presidential historians who would dispute your perception of what is "twisting history."

I've asked before, what are the qualifications to be a "Presidential Historian"?

The simple fact of the matter is Lincoln was a tyrant and caused the worst war in our history, the civil war was 100% preventable but there was too much money and power at stake.

Do you understand that it was just an extension of a Trump-era waiver, and that those funds can only be used for humanitarian purposes? The Trump Administration did this. And this is not the United States giving Iran billions of dollars either.

They released the funds, i understand the US did not give them any money but they released Iran's money, Biden and Harris did that.

I've asked before, what are the qualifications to be a "Presidential Historian"?

The simple fact of the matter is Lincoln was a tyrant and caused the worst war in our history, the civil war was 100% preventable but there was too much money and power at stake.
Typically, you are talking about PhD's, who are college professors.

This is a C-Span survey from 2021. Abraham Lincoln was #1 on the list of Presidents .... which is where he is in most such surveys.

Typically, you are talking about PhD's, who are college professors.

This is a C-Span survey from 2021. Abraham Lincoln was #1 on the list of Presidents .... which is where he is in most such surveys.

And all that proves is the abysmal teaching of history we have in this country, over a hundred years of brainwashing.

Hey, anyone can write an article twisting history to fit their preconceived notions but the facts are indisputable. Lincoln caused the breakup and then killed hundreds of thousands to force it back together. I won't even go into how he allowed European bankers to enrich themselves off the war, it would just lead you into a tantrum.
He was extremely disliked. even in the north, the riots in the Gangs of New York were real, and happened in pretty much every major city across the entire Union, and for most of the war. the 1863 NYC were the worst, but they were far from the only one.

Lincoln only got 55% of the popular vote, and that was just votes from the Union.

his assassination completely changed public perception of him.

He was extremely disliked. even in the north, the riots in the Gangs of New York were real, and happened in pretty much every major city across the entire Union, and for most of the war. the 1863 NYC were the worst, but they were far from the only one.

Lincoln only got 55% of the popular vote, and that was just votes from the Union.

his assassination completely changed public perception of him.

I have my doubts that he would have ever left office had he lived.

Who was president when the funds were released, that's how we play this game no?
You are not reading what I've linked. Trump was the President when a waiver was extended in 2018 that allowed countries such as South Korea to buy oil from Iran. That is as responsible for this as anything.

You are not reading what I've linked. Trump was the President when a waiver was extended in 2018 that allowed countries such as South Korea to buy oil from Iran. That is as responsible for this as anything.

Yes he allowed the purchases but the funds were frozen in 2019, it wasn't until Biden took office that Iran was granted access to them.

Reactions: InVOLuntary and Cod
You are not reading what I've linked. Trump was the President when a waiver was extended in 2018 that allowed countries such as South Korea to buy oil from Iran.

And Biden / Harris was President when they released the Billions back to them.

I understand completely what you are saying.

The Biden administration has authorized the transfer of $2.76 billion from Iraq to Iran, Reuters reported on June 10.

And Biden / Harris was President when they released the Billions back to them.

I understand completely what you are saying.

The Biden administration has authorized the transfer of $2.76 billion from Iraq to Iran, Reuters reported on June 10.
There wouldn't have been $6 billion in the first place without the 2018 waiver on countries buying oil from Iran. The $6 billion originated from that waiver.

Yes he allowed the purchases but the funds were frozen in 2019, it wasn't until Biden took office that Iran was granted access to them.
Right .... but those funds don't exist without Trump's waiver. And Republicans know that money has not been used to fund Hamas.

.... and anyway you want to look at it .... the source of the money was not the United States. It is dishonest for Republicans to say that Biden "gave" billions to Iran. It was never American money, and the decision which led to the creation of this Iranian money frozen in South Korea, was made by none other than Donald Trump.

VN Store

Back