2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Let’s all point and laugh some more at UK.

Jaxon staying in draft, and Wooga is rumored to Nova.

Their team will look a lot like our 2022-23 team, a lot of upperclassmen (Key, ORN, Santi, JJJ, Uros), but no main guy that can get them a bucket.

Let’s all point and laugh some more at UK.

Jaxon staying in draft, and Wooga is rumored to Nova.

Their team will look a lot like our 2022-23 team, a lot of upperclassmen (Key, ORN, Santi, JJJ, Uros), but no main guy that can get them a bucket.
Where’s the Robinson info coming from?

NB4 @RudyVol replies saying NO WAY a kid would turn down so much more money to play here.

You're talking to a brick wall here man. The number of people that know exactly how much $ Lanier turned down (or lack thereof) to play here can be counted on 1, maybe 2 hands max. Not retreading that topic and I'm sure others take delight in that if they don't have me blocked. Show me on paper how much Lanier was offered by other schools. I'll beat you to it and take a crayon and write $1.35M and $1.8M.

Sears coming back to bama makes them team to beat in SEC. We are up there with Auburn, Florida, Arkansas, and TAM as other top teams.

You're talking to a brick wall here man. The number of people that know exactly how much $ Lanier turned down (or lack thereof) to play here can be counted on 1, maybe 2 hands max. Not retreading that topic and I'm sure others take delight in that if they don't have me blocked. Show me on paper how much Lanier was offered by other schools. I'll beat you to it and take a crayon and write $1.35M and $1.8M.
So do you stick with your assertion that Tennessee was the highest NIL offer or Lanier wouldn’t have signed with us?

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
I dont believe for a second that other than Chaz and his close family and Barnes and staff that there's more than 10 people who know what he's making.

I guarantee nobody here knows.

You all can be played for a fool by a select few here.

It didnt take me long to figure out their game.

I dont believe for a second that other than Chaz and his close family and Barnes and staff that there's more than 10 people who know what he's making.

I guarantee nobody here knows.

You all can be played for a fool by a select few here.

It didnt take me long to figure out their game.
1717026273093.gif

Idk man, they got a ton of depth.

Starters: Sears, Wrightsell, Youngblood, Nelson, Clifford

Bench: Aden, Labaron 5*, Houston Mallete

I think I’m missing someone. They are deeeeeep.I’m not really worried about anyone else though.
While they still struggled all of last year against top 25 competition till they made that magical run in the tournament. They seem to have upgraded this year with their transfer acquisitions so I definitely give Oats credit. Cliff was a big pull. I think we match up evenly in some aspects but really comes down to schedule.

I am also impartial so I would like to think we are the favorite until someone beats us for the sec regular season crown

While they still struggled all of last year against top 25 competition till they made that magical run in the tournament. They seem to have upgraded this year with their transfer acquisitions so I definitely give Oats credit. Cliff was a big pull. I think we match up evenly in some aspects but really comes down to schedule.

I am also impartial so I would like to think we are the favorite until someone beats us for the sec regular season crown
🤔

Reactions: berryvol
So do you stick with your assertion that Tennessee was the highest NIL offer or Lanier wouldn’t have signed with us?

Not really sure tbh. Saw he committed and stopped paying attention to other schools offers. Good for us if he chose to come here for significantly less $. If I had to guess, we were at least in the neighborhood of Kentucky and BYU. Not buying he turned down $800k to come here. I think Lanier could personally tell me that and I wouldn't buy it.

I don’t think these deals have “bonuses”, incentives maybe, but not bonuses.
I really don't know the best word. Originally, had Incentive as the word and exchanged it. Incentive, to me, sounds like personal objectives. Bonus sounds like reward if the team achieves "x". It could be either or both.
I have no knowledge and was seeking a little general clarification. But I sleep just fine in ignorance as well. 😁

VN Store

Back