2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Not a chance at this point. He has tools, but has a ton of S&C work to do as well as post work and learning to use his size to finish. I want Aidoo back here for another year, and he needs an off season of improvement and another season of college ball before he can even begin to think about the next level.
You are welcome to your opinion. It’s not about being ready. It’s about potential. Getting older is worse

Reactions: Ttucke11
I heard UNC had some traction there I think

UNC makes most sense compared to Duke and Kentucky. UK is a beast when it comes to 5 star high school kids but they are not the same beast with transfers. Duke has top recruiting class coming in with Flagg being the alpha next year. Vols have a lot to offer but so does UNC.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I think posters underestimate Aidoo based on a few games where he wasn’t dependable. It happens, I mean Reed Shepperd, a lottery pick, was unplayable against those guys playing an old school zone. If I was Aidoo coming off an all SEC year, I’d go to the draft, not transfer. He has NBA skills.

“A few games” in his 90 game career he has only scored 10 points or more 26 times and 22 were this season. His rebounding has been even less consistent. Aidoo has developed very well in his time here, but he’s been inconsistent and it’s fair to be frustrated by it as fans.

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
Yeah, some of ya’ll need to stop tossing out Duke. They’re gonna have to git shirt some players just to have enough scholarships for the 5 top 50 players incoming, and they have a 6th committed that’s still waiting too.

Scholarship limits still exist no matter how blue blood they are.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
“A few games” in his 90 game career he has only scored 10 points or more 26 times and 22 were this season. His rebounding has been even less consistent. Aidoo has developed very well in his time here, but he’s been inconsistent and it’s fair to be frustrated by it as fans.
I’m frustrated and want him to stay.

As your stats and his all conference selections points out, he arrived this year and has sufficient tape. Coming back is an unnecessary risk. Vescovi and James are less desirable pros today than a year ago.

I’m frustrated and want him to stay.

As frustrating as he was in the tournament, the reality is that he was an all conference player and that it isn’t likely we would ever land an upgrade in the portal. He’s still a nice player and has a really good shot at becoming a very good player with another year in the weight room and growing his confidence.

Mark Pamcratz was pretty blunt about Jonas on the radio today and actually did question his place here going forward. He said it said a lot that Barnes benched him in the most important game of the season, to play a freshman who'd barely played this year and it said a lot about Aidoo that he wasn't trying harder to get back in the game.

For my perspective, if Aidoo had the season that he just had at another school, and was in the portal, I'd want him. But the coaches know much more than we do about the whole situation. We know from Grant that Barnes weeds people out every season via making them work.

Mark Pamcratz was pretty blunt about Jonas on the radio today and actually did question his place here going forward. He said it said a lot that Barnes benched him in the most important game of the season, to play a freshman who'd barely played this year and it said a lot about Aidoo that he wasn't trying harder to get back in the game.

For my perspective, if Aidoo had the season that he just had at another school, and was in the portal, I'd want him. But the coaches know much more than we do about the whole situation. We know from Grant that Barnes weeds people out every season via making them work.

I think Barnes over the course of the season stated multiple times that he believes Aidoo can be one of the best big men in the country. He made the decision to bench Aidoo against Purdue because he thought that gave us the best chance to win that game, but I don’t think that his overall opinion of Aidoo’s potential is going to be significantly changed by how the Creighton and Purdue games unfolded. My guess is that he will want Aidoo back on the team, will just be a matter of how bad they want him if he starts asking for more NIL money.

You are welcome to your opinion. It’s not about being ready. It’s about potential. Getting older is worse
His potential needs a lot of hard work. If his has the right attitude, he can probable do it. Just have to wait and see how much he wants it.

There are reasoned opinions and then there’s nonsensical overreactions. Find me a single basketball knowledgeable person who says it reasonable to move on from Aidoo and I will then view the idea as an opinion. If you’re stupid enough to be part of that crowd, then let me know so I can add you to my ignore list.
I don't think you read my post. I'm agreeing with you that it's an overreaction but just let them have their overreaction. Aidoo is a good but not great player. As another post said let them dream for a few days.

Just watched all 6 minutes of this and, yeah, I agree. My #1 want. This dude doesn’t seem to have the same freak athleticism that Knecht does, but he is 6’7” and can score at all 3 levels. He’s a stud. PLEASE. Perfect fit for us.

Agreed. Poor man's Dalton Knecht. Like you said, he's not as explosive/athletic, but he's one of those "shifty" penetrators that's clever about using their body to protect the ball as they take it to the rim. Yeah, I like this kids game. Having said that, is he the best fit and biggest need for next year given that we have Carr? Or are we looking to recapture the Knecht vibe for a second season? Does he want to follow that one year legend and fan favorite with all the comparisons? Just wondering.

Last edited:
He needs to look at how DK progressed and see he can do the same. Barns will make him an All American two years in a row.
One would think that coming off the year we had and obviously the one Knecht had that he'd see us in a very favorable light. Having said that, he's a NC kid and when the home state school wants you, it's going to be awfully hard to say no. Far better chance he'd be the centerpiece of the offense here than UNC given how they usually recruit. Not gonna get my hopes up here.

Agreed. Poor man's Dalton Knecht. Like you said, he's not as explosive/athletic, but he's one of those "shifty" penetrators that's clever about using their body to protect the ball as they take it to the rim. Yeah, I like this kids game. Having said that, is he the best fit and biggest need for next year given that we have Carr? Or are we looking to recapture the Knecht vibe for a second season? Does he want to follow that one year legend and fan favorite with all the comparisons? Just wondering.
“Shifty” penetrator… giggity giggity alright lol

Based on the other schools chasing him too must be talented. Battling Duke, UNC, UK will be tough.
None of those teams can offer playing beside one of the top PG's in the country in ZZ.

Also I think recency bias with Dalton's development will likely help.....If you want to develop and go far in the tourney, you aren't going to UK.... UNC and Duke are meh.

If Tennessee wants this guy, back up the NIL truck.

VN Store

Back