2024 Transfer Portal Thread

When you have nothing to prove you have no reason to try to.

Ill just leave it at that.

I get paid to do what a lot of folks here do on a message board for fun and thats coach basketball and I have a trophy case that I see every day that reminds me Im damn good at it.
Friendsville Middle School is lucky to have you!

I get paid to do what a lot of folks here do on a message board for fun and thats coach basketball and I have a trophy case that I see every day that reminds me Im damn good at it.
giphy.gif

It is a little bit unfortunate that some of the weaker links do not get cast off the island ... I would love to be able to occasionally say, "You are the weakest link ... goodbye!" But alas, I leave them unblocked and receive comic relief and it helps me realize that education is an ongoing adventure for some.

Inside info is a two edged sword ... you drop what you know and you can cut off your connection and show that you can't keep it to yourself when they were clear you needed to keep your mouth shut!
You keep it to yourself ... and everybody and his brother attacks you for your failure to spill the beans or claims you were neutral on the subject or ... or you refused to answer a question ... or worse still, you were silent as a graveyard.
@BTO and @SF ... keep dropping what you can ... I have come to know a little about reading the tea leaves that you are stirring.
Can't give you the likes you both deserve ... but know that you thoughts are appreciated. Continue to contribute as you wish .... when you wish ... some of us appreciate the bread crumbs.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Since you critiqued other people's posts, let's evaluate yours. The fact that you wrote the third sentence suggests that you don't fall within the category asserted in your first statement, which is made all the more interesting because the third statement came after you said that you would leave it at that.

Surely you see the irony of trying to smash BTO’s e-cred, then talking about how you don‘t need to prove anything to anybody, and ending with a statement trying to establish your e-cred.

The trophy case

IMG_0869.jpeg

I think BTO is just one of the posters who has been around for a while, has expressed and shown to be a knowledgeable poster to some, and yes...there are some posters who aren't quite so basketball savvy, but enjoy the game, our team, and appreciate his insights and in-depth analysis to help educate those who don't understand the game outside of a surface level knowledge of general rules and being entertained. This board has a large percentage (an overwhelming majority, in fact) of gameday posters that fit that description. That isn't an insult to them or their intelligence, either.

I used to do the game breakdowns before him, and ZJC did them before me.

That isn't everyone, obviously, and BTO's opinions and analysis isn't for everyone. You don't have to like it, his approach, or what you deem to be his thirst for e-cred or adulation. You also don't have to like that other posters look to him for information. I just don't understand why you're so bothered by it. I do have some theories, though.

It's also interesting that you're suggesting to people to not let other posters influence their opinion, which is inherently a direct attempt on your part to influence their opinion.
Yup and HatVol (RIP) before you guys. I've always enjoyed y'all's post game threads. I'm usually so hyper-focused on our games that I miss things, so I enjoy reading them.

I'm sorry but unless Shacks offense drastically improves I just don't see him playing 25 plus minutes a game that's just me. Averaged 4.5 points at 18 minutes a game last season. Keep in mind Barnes won't be depending so much on small ball like he's normally done the last couple seasons. Just looking for discussion and would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter. Go!

I'm sorry but unless Shacks offense drastically improves I just don't see him playing 25 plus minutes a game that's just me. Averaged 4.5 points at 18 minutes a game last season. Keep in mind Barnes won't be depending so much on small ball like he's normally done the last couple seasons. Just looking for discussion and would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter. Go!

Mashack should get another 5 minutes with Vescovi, JJJ, and Knecht all exiting getting lots of playing time at similar spots. And experience in the system is very important to have on the floor.

VN Store

Back