2024 Transfer Portal Thread

BTO and SF are no better than the rest of us.

BTO was all in on Lanier once he saw everybody was saying we'd get him and when things got dark he got quiet.

He didnt say things were looking better until Hubbs said it was.
BTO was firm on Lanier the whole time. He clearly knows more than you but nice try haha.

BTO was all in on Lanier once he saw everybody was saying we'd get him and when things got dark he got quiet.

Not true.

BTO has said numerous times he felt good about Lanier but was also cautious considering Kentucky & BYU were throwing NIL money towards his way.

Nothing he said was a lie.

Are you still grinding this axe? It’s nothing but handle, at this point.

My biggest takeaway from this video is the clear increase in explosiveness and strength. Also, it must have been amazing to go from those crowds of hundreds to the insanity of SEC rivalry crowds.

The skills look to be mostly all there in the most recent clips. Definitely agreed on the extra 20lbs and increased explosiveness helping.

No axe to grind boys.

Just new to this place and find it funny that I can see it and you all cant.

That says a lot about you all.

Not me.

Im not here to make enemies.

Im just here to talk UT mens sports.

If feeling like a message board insider is what makes BTO's life a more happy place then Im all for it.

Just dont expect me to play into it.

No axe to grind boys.

Just new to this place and find it funny that I can see it and you all cant.

That says a lot about you all.

Not me.

Im not here to make enemies.

Im just here to talk UT mens sports.
If feeling like a message board insider is what makes BTO's life a more happy place then Im all for it.

The irony of this is beautiful. No one was talking about BTO then you showed up, not only to “play into it”, but to stir it up in the first place.

Plain dishonesty. Your momma would be sad.

When you have nothing to prove you have no reason to try to.

Ill just leave it at that.

I get paid to do what a lot of folks here do on a message board for fun and thats coach basketball and I have a trophy case that I see every day that reminds me Im damn good at it.

Speaking as someone who has been around this site for 15 years, and certainly not one who carries water for BTO (we've definitely had our spats), the one thing I've never really questioned is his access to someone inside the program or Spyre, however close that access may be.

Since you are admittedly new to the board, maybe that carries weight with you, and maybe it doesn't. You don't have to believe BTO when he speaks on something if you don't choose to, but I think you'll find over time that he, and others like Stoerner, hit on a lot of things hours...sometimes a day or more...before it actually happens if you watch with an open mind. If you're determined to mark them as frauds, though, you'll find a way to excuse any manner of inside access they may have.

Ive yet to say a mean or offensive thing to anyone.

Is that above post mean or offensive? No.

Was it in the context of any current, larger, ongoing discussion? Also, no.

So, you chose to "play into it" by engendering a provocative conversation about it for what reason, exactly?

I think this is a basketball smart group and the best non paying UT board Ive found.

My intention was to say you all shouldnt wait for the so called insiders to give their opinions on a subject and you should have enough sense to know you know as much or more than they do.

Its like when BTO creates a topic to give his opinions on games or the recruiting class.

Is that really necessary?

Are we just here for his opinions?

Is he Stephen A. Smith of UT basketball or is he just one of us?

I only followed his opinions on one prospect [Lanier] and saw right through it.

I think this is a basketball smart group and the best non paying UT board Ive found.

My intention was to say you all shouldnt wait for the so called insiders to give their opinions on a subject and you should have enough sense to know you know as much or more than they do.

Its like when BTO creates a topic to give his opinions on games or the recruiting class.

BTO has opinions as well as valid information and he’s pretty clear about which is which. He can also get pretty snarky.

Reactions: VolNExile

I think BTO is just one of the posters who has been around for a while, has expressed and shown to be a knowledgeable poster to some, and yes...there are some posters who aren't quite so basketball savvy, but enjoy the game, our team, and appreciate his insights and in-depth analysis to help educate those who don't understand the game outside of a surface level knowledge of general rules and being entertained. This board has a large percentage (an overwhelming majority, in fact) of gameday posters that fit that description. That isn't an insult to them or their intelligence, either.

I used to do the game breakdowns before him, and ZJC did them before me.

That isn't everyone, obviously, and BTO's opinions and analysis isn't for everyone. You don't have to like it, his approach, or what you deem to be his thirst for e-cred or adulation. You also don't have to like that other posters look to him for information. I just don't understand why you're so bothered by it. I do have some theories, though.

It's also interesting that you're suggesting to people to not let other posters influence their opinion, which is inherently a direct attempt on your part to influence their opinion.

Last edited:

Nobody here cares what you think they should or shouldn't do.

BTO has probably gotten into an argument with every poster on the board at one point or another so to see him universally defended here should tell you something. When things got "dark" and people were panicking, he stated the chance of landing Lanier was 99.8 percent.

Being a prick is a choice, just don't be surprised when people don't like you. This is an anonymous message board. You can choose what kind of person you want to portray yourself as.

Sidenote, I'm good with ribbing and having fun, but I've never understood the choice to be a total a-hole, especially before getting to know the other posters.

VN Store

Back