2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Not to discount your personal experience, but the possibility of Aidoo leaving was discussed exactly a year ago by CNCChris, and ongoing since, and Mashack and Awaka since before the holiday. The Awaka possible return was brought up two days ago by BTO, and Basilio today. Basilio gets things from everywhere, but I’m positive from past experience, that this is one of those sources.
So you can confirm that Awaka and Aidoo didn't like each other much?

Gotta be honest. If Barnes is sitting around hoping Aidoo or Awaka might return, he needs to retire immediately. We need new blood at the head coaching spot, too.
Ignorant post - over half the college programs would welcome Awaka. Barnes has been coaching him up for 2 years. Why wouldn’t he be hoping for Awaka’s return? Same for Aidoo except he’s been here 3 years.

Ignorant post - over half the college programs would welcome Awaka. Barnes has been coaching him up for 2 years. Why wouldn’t he be hoping for Awaka’s return? Same for Aidoo except he’s been here 3 years.
It's fine for fans to live in fantasy land with all the attendant hopes and dreams, but not Barnes. He can't sit and hope/wait. He has to assume these guys are gone and be about getting the best replacements he can. Personally, I'm excited by the potential for change. I think a lot of young fans are scared of it.

So as of 3pm, things are potentially trending back in right direction for Awaka? And Mashack, Vols are holding on like Jack/Rose at end of Titanic?

Reactions: Volsurance
I’ll take Awaka back with open arms and be ecstatic! He’s still 19 years old and hasn’t reached his full potential. We’d be very very lucky if he returns. I’d be OK with Awaka, Estrella, and Phillips for our post rotation.
So we’re just going to hope he takes some kind of huge step forward in 6 months? If he doesn’t, we would be absolutely screwed next year.

Nah, let someone else find out if they can unlock that super amazing hidden talent.

Reactions: CAVPUT
He's not got much playing time, but I kinda like Fredrick King as an option. Maybe isn't an immediate starter, but great size and could earn minutes.

I'd also take Brandon Garrison in a heartbeat and consider him an upgrade at big.

3 years left, 6'10" 245lbs and in 22 mpg at OK State 7.5 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.5 bpg on 57.2% FG

was a top 50 rated player in his class too

So we’re just going to hope he takes some kind of huge step forward in 6 months? If he doesn’t, we would be absolutely screwed next year.

Nah, let someone else find out if they can unlock that super amazing hidden talent.
No reason you shouldn’t be able to get 20mpg from JP/Awaka next season

As long as Aidoo doesn’t go to a conference opponent, I’ll be able to stomach his departure more. I probably won’t remember his time here fondly now that he has quit on the program, but I can root for him to succeed if he goes outside the SEC. If he chooses to leave and then go play for a rival, he’s dead to me.

Also I'll be honest, I feel like we saw the ceiling already for Aidoo this season.

Awaka I think there is still more room to grow. He's consistently been a more efficient scorer (59.1% FG in 2 years) and he made huge strides with his FT shooting this season and shot 74.2%.

Obviously he has things he has to work on but he really just needs court time I think.

Aidoo fouled out of more games than Awaka this year too.

But isn’t that another issue…kind of? Hoping he also makes a quality jump.

I don’t know, I’m being too picky I guess.
You? No way! The staff loves Estrella and wants him to be a major player for us next year, you bury him on the depth chart and he moves to portal watch next.

It's fine for fans to live in fantasy land with all the attendant hopes and dreams, but not Barnes. He can't sit and hope/wait. He has to assume these guys are gone and be about getting the best replacements he can. Personally, I'm excited by the potential for change. I think a lot of young fans are scared of it.
What makes you think he doesn’t have a plan? I wouldn’t jump to “needs to be replaced” on the assumption that he’s sitting there hoping/waiting on these guys with his fingers crossed.

Reactions: Stoked
What makes you think he doesn’t have a plan? I wouldn’t jump to “needs to be replaced” on the assumption that he’s sitting there hoping/waiting on these guys with his fingers crossed.
Not sure you read things correctly. That's my point. There's no chance Barnes is waiting on Awaka or Aidoo. He can't take that chance. Now if there's a spot still open and Awaka did express a desire to return and Barnes felt like it would work and be the best move for the team next year, he might take him back. Personally, I'd be shocked if either returns, and I won't be the least bit upset about it. I'm ready for some new blood on this roster.

Reactions: LaagerVol

VN Store

Back