2024 Transfer Portal Thread

How do people feel about Cade Tyson? I like his size at 6'7", and he can shoot the lights out making 80 three-pointers last season at a 47% clip.
Love his shooting and size....every report mentions he is not very athletic....that worries me against P5 competition night in night out

Love his shooting and size....every report mentions he is not very athletic....that worries me against P5 competition night in night out
I have seen him play in person, and he is athletic enough. Plus, the time spent with Coach G in the weight program at Tennessee would make him even more athletic/explosive. You saw this with Knecht in that he put on muscle, got stronger, and improved his athleticism at Tennessee in the time he was here.

Have Awaka and Aidoo set up visits to other schools yet? I'm just curious who is pursuing them.

I have seen him play in person, and he is athletic enough. Plus, the time spent with Coach G in the weight program at Tennessee would make him even more athletic/explosive. You saw this with Knecht in that he put on muscle, got stronger, and improved his athleticism at Tennessee in the time he was here.
What kinda stats would you expect from your at UT?

Made this list for you all, based off of the guys that @bleedingTNorange said we have made contact with. Great info and thank you!

Btw I hope the Awaka & coaches meeting goes well today and hope to see his return. His return would give us our 3rd most overall efficient player based on advanced stats and a potential all SEC selection in a starting role as a double-double guy. Staying out of foul trouble is key but he's capable of pulling off 23-25 minutes a game...

And question: is there any validity behind the rumors of Awaka not being too fond of Aidoo lol? I mean Awaka is super serious & Aidoo is the polar opposite fun outgoing and goofy. Any truth behind that? I'd hate to hear there was dissention between them...

Attachments

• Picsart_24-04-12_09-08-46-773.jpg
    Picsart_24-04-12_09-08-46-773.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
The only question I have about the wings is if we get Lanier, Dubar, Tyson, and Shack stays, who is willing to come off the bench? I would assume if Shack stays then he would want to start

What kinda stats would you expect from your at UT?
He was 16/6 (Pts./R) at Belmont this year. I think he could easily average 10-12 points a game and have similar rebound numbers. Definitely would give you a knockdown shooter to space the floor, which we didn't have enough of this year. High basketball IQ and plenty athletic enough even if he's not a freak athlete.

He was 16/6 (Pts./R) at Belmont this year. I think he could easily average 10-12 points a game and have similar rebound numbers. Definitely would give you a knockdown shooter to space the floor, which we didn't have enough of this year. High basketball IQ and plenty athletic enough even if he's not a freak athlete.
More or less athletic then Vescovi??? And does he seem to hunt shots or score like DK?

The only question I have about the wings is if we get Lanier, Dubar, Tyson, and Shack stays, who is willing to come off the bench? I would assume if Shack stays then he would want to start
Shack hopefully is smart enough, and selfless enough, which I think he is, to not care as long as he’s getting 25+mpg. IMO he is the perfect jack of all trades to come off the bench as a 6th man and play 3 different lineup spots and give those guys breathers.

Shack hopefully is smart enough, and selfless enough, which I think he is, to not care as long as he’s getting 25+mpg. IMO he is the perfect jack of all trades to come off the bench as a 6th man and play 3 different lineup spots and give those guys breathers.

Yeah, I figure Shack just wants minutes and doesn't care.

I know you said you think it’s slightly above 50% we get him this weekend, but how low do our chances go if he goes to UNC next week? Any chance at all we still get him?
Hard to know. My better than 50% probably sticks even if he visits. They feel good about him, and good about signing Brown as well.

Just maybe? I mean, he’s 1 of 1, nobody should ever look for that again lol.
The 3 best and most efficient SEC players this year were portal guys from smaller schools. The likelihood of us getting a player kinda like those three is higher than it was before. We are a hotspot and Barnes isn't afraid to run the offense through a new guy coming in. I believe it will be more balanced overall, but an efficient all SEC player coming from the portal isn't a stretch of the imagination. Especially considering my first statement regarding Antonio Reeves, Mark Sears & Dalton Knecht being top 3 sec players - so he was 1 of 3 just in sec last year, all from the mid major small school portal... Don't count it out is all I'm saying.

The 3 best and most efficient SEC players this year were portal guys from smaller schools. The likelihood of us getting a player kinda like those three is higher than it was before. We are a hotspot and Barnes isn't afraid to run the offense through a new guy coming in. I believe it will be more balanced overall, but an efficient all SEC player coming from the portal isn't a stretch of the imagination. Especially considering my first statement regarding Antonio Reeves, Mark Sears & Dalton Knecht being top 3 sec players - so he was 1 of 3 just in sec last year, all from the mid major small school portal... Don't count it out is all I'm saying.
I'll take it a step further... 6 out 8 of the 1st team All-SEC team were at one point transfers.

Sears -- Ohio
Reeves -- Illinois State
Johni Broome -- Morehead State
Dalton Knecht -- Northern Colorado
Tolu Smith -- WKU (only 1 year there but still a transfer)
Zyon Pullin -- UC Riverside

Can Dubar and Tyson coexist? Is taking both/landing both realistic, or do you think it's a one or the other type situation?
I think they both can play in the same lineup. I think you can have Tyson slot into the 3 where Knecht was, and then have Dubar play the 4 like JJJ did. I think we definitely try and take both.

Personally I think Tyson would be best coming off the bench, no reason Mashack should come off the bench, he should be guarding the best player on the court. This is assuming we get 3 wings out the portal.
With Tyson and Dubar, their size and shooting ability would allow you to play Mashack more easily imo. Offsets his lack of shooting. Gainey, Carr for scoring punch off the bench.

VN Store

Back