2024 Transfer Portal Thread

What happened to us struggling in the portal? You knew that we could parlay DK’s success.
Some folks just have zero patience, no matter how many times they are told to be patient. There’s a specific 4-5 posters who did the exact same 2 years in a row criticizing Barnes and staff for their portal recruiting just to look like idiots after it’s all said and done.

Some folks just have zero patience, no matter how many times they are told to be patient. There’s a specific 4-5 posters who did the exact same 2 years in a row criticizing Barnes and staff for their portal recruiting just to look like idiots after it’s all said and done.
Do you think they'll be back next portal szn doing the same thing? Lol

Reactions: WillisWG and GenRRN
Sheesh. Really does put into picture how almost evil college agents are. Feels worse than agents of professionals. Your job as an agent is to get your client the best deal at the best fit for them and let them guide their destination. This guy sounds like a damn leech who had zero care for Lanier or what was best for him.

Man, agents suuuuuuuuuuck.
That his job though, to get his client the most money/best deal…he didn’t prohibit Chaz from going to UT and in the end he got Chaz about double than the initial number he would’ve gotten from UT.

That his job though, to get his client the most money/best deal…he didn’t prohibit Chaz from going to UT and in the end he got Chaz about double than the initial number he would’ve gotten from UT.
Absolutely right. He's got an obligation to do that, unless his client tells him not to. Sometimes the client and the agent may good cop/bad cop the folks they're negotiating with. Just like a lawyer and client might do. To the uninitiated, it may seem like the lawyer or agent is a bad guy, but that can't happen without the client allowing it.

You can add a video all you want. This was stated by staff when arrived. His jumpshot was pretty flat when he got here and needed improvement there as well. Assume what you want I'm going off what has been said. Thanks though
I heard the same from DK himself, especially in maximizing his high release. Same thing Barnes did with Fulky and others. If DK said it, ya gotta go with it.

My biggest takeaway from this video is the clear increase in explosiveness and strength. Also, it must have been amazing to go from those crowds of hundreds to the insanity of SEC rivalry crowds.
I’ve mentioned this before, but most players change their shot under Barnes. They do not necessarily change mechanics, but simply learn via drills to optimize stroke, raise release point, and increase arc. DK is an example of this. Early in the season, you’d see highlights of him shooting over sticks to increase his arc and release higher. I assume we’ll see this with Lanier too. Obviously there is an instance like Punter where a stroke is changed entirely, but more often, they just work to optimize their shot via drills

Last edited:
Does anyone know why ultimately Tobe Awaka transfered to Arizona? I thought that was the weirdest situation that took place. He had a starting role on this team after Aidoo left and he still left. I thought he really liked Tennessee and playing for Barnes.

Not sure how it's going to workout for him with the Wildcats, they seem to have a system that involves bigger guys, Tennesseeikes the undersized bigs

I’ve mentioned this before, but most players change their shot under Barnes. They do not necessarily change mechanics, but simply learn via drills to optimize stroke, raise release point, and increase arc. DK is an example of this. Early in the season, you’d see highlights of him shooting over sticks to increase his arc and release higher. I assume we’ll see this with Lanier too. Obviously there is an instance like Punter where a stroke is changed entirely, but more often, they just work to optimize their shot via drills
I noticed on Dubar’s highlight video that the little left to right hitch he does only seems to happen in 3 pt shots. He doesn’t do it on mid range jumpers. Then, once he’s loaded, the rest of his shot looks good. I wonder if Barnes will help him remove that hitch and just start his shot where it ends up after the hitch. Would seem like an easy fix, since you’re keeping the rest of the motion the same (especially since he doesn’t do it on midrange shots), but I’m no shot doctor.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Our numbers are growing. We'll give it another go next year.

I noticed on Dubar’s highlight video that the little left to right hitch he does only seems to happen in 3 pt shots. He doesn’t do it on mid range jumpers. Then, once he’s loaded, the rest of his shot looks good. I wonder if Barnes will help him remove that hitch and just start his shot where it ends up after the hitch. Would seem like an easy fix, since you’re keeping the rest of the motion the same (especially since he doesn’t do it on midrange shots), but I’m no shot doctor.
Basically, it depends on 'why' does he have that left to right motion as he loads his shot. If it is tension related based on his biomechanics then it is not necessarily an "easy fix" and in fact attempting to fix it could have negative effects on the fluidity of his shot. If it is simply a habit he developed when he was younger then you could certainly get rid of it if he is committed to putting up tons of shots between now and next season.

Basilio claiming that BYU offered $1 million more than Tennessee, and that UK offered $350k than Tennessee.

I've heard Lanier is getting about $800k at Tennessee, meaning he turned down roughly $1.35 mil and $1.8 mil from UK and BYU, respectively.
NB4 @RudyVol replies saying NO WAY a kid would turn down so much more money to play here.

Basilio claiming that BYU offered $1 million more than Tennessee, and that UK offered $350k than Tennessee.

I've heard Lanier is getting about $800k at Tennessee, meaning he turned down roughly $1.35 mil and $1.8 mil from UK and BYU, respectively.
How many families had to dump a sister wife to make those numbers work? 😳

Not saying TB is wrong ... but my assumption is TB is measuring 'guaranteed' money vs 'total potential' money.
Base (guaranteed) + bonus1 +bonus2 + bonus3 = Total potential earnings

What say you @Stoerner Fumbles / @bleedingTNorange ???

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer

That’s about right from what I’ve heard, I heard around $1.5 for BYU but that’s splitting hairs at this point. But 2 things from that…1: As mentioned by many already, Lanier turned down a big chunk to come here, can’t remember who but there was a poster adamant that doesn’t happen. 2: BYU also wants Robinson, UK might wanna come up with some money because those 2 battling could get expensive.

Not saying TB is wrong ... but my assumption is TB is measuring 'guaranteed' money vs 'total potential' money.
Base (guaranteed) + bonus1 +bonus2 + bonus3 = Total potential earnings

What say you @Stoerner Fumbles / @bleedingTNorange ???
I don’t think these deals have “bonuses”, incentives maybe, but not bonuses.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back