2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
When all is said and done what we really need for next season is some power post players that are strong rebounders and a point guard that can shoot the three and is a great passer. If we could get another elite scorer to go with these players that would be great also. Appears to be a lot of great guards entering the portal so you can choose one and a point guard then you need post players.
Edia would meet these specs

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It's no surprise that Jah is in the portal. Evidently she never did what Dawn required to get back on the team. Hopefully she can get a fresh start somewhere else.

Just an observation, but I think it is stupid to open the portal before the end of the NCAA tournament. Teams may want to look at some of the players, but because they are still playing their focus is on the tournament. Also, players that may want to transfer cannot do it now if they are still playing, so they may lose out on a school that they have an eye on. Just an observation, but the NCAA isn't the most reliable enterprise now a days.

Just an observation, but I think it is stupid to open the portal before the end of the NCAA tournament. Teams may want to look at some of the players, but because they are still playing their focus is on the tournament. Also, players that may want to transfer cannot do it now if they are still playing, so they may lose out on a school that they have an eye on. Just an observation, but the NCAA isn't the most reliable enterprise now a days.
NCAA is still trying to figure it out on the fly.

Who will get Carrion number one International ranked player in 2024
Eventually the overseas players will go directly into WNBA draft. Something that should be discussed by the league.

This process works for NBA don't see why it wouldn't for WNBA.

Insane they can’t wait 3 weeks til the season’s over.

Got to love the board this time of year. Every player who enters is THE ONE! We want all 15 of the undersized guards who shoot 25% but still want to take 20 of Jewel Spear’s shots per game next yr. And have already transferred before/not played/been suspended. Sam go get them!

Never mind 95% of our returning team is already young guards and 2% are posts, all at the end of their elig next yr.

Got to love the board this time of year. Every player who enters is THE ONE! We want all 15 of the undersized guards who shoot 25% but still want to take 20 of Jewel Spear’s shots per game next yr. And have already transferred before/not played/been suspended. Sam go get them!

Never mind 95% of our returning team is already young guards and 2% are posts, all at the end of their elig next yr.

Things will evolve a lot, just exciting.

Looking at the list from last season it’s kind of funny. There were several players like Day-Wilson, Diamond Johnson, Lexi Donarski and a couple others that just really didn’t impress this season.

They were not any worse really, but looking at their former teams’ improvement it makes you wonder…Duke, NC State and Iowa State all had better seasons than a year ago.

Think you have to be really cautious with some of these early portal jumpers. They may be more of the problem than the solution.

Whitehorn is the only one in the portal I would legit be interested in at the moment. She is athletic, can pass, handle and finish. Would be a really nice player off the bench for us next season. We have guards but we do need some depth.

The 6’6” post out of Bellarmine is also worth a look with 3 years of eligibility. Really seems she may have been under recruited.

It’s like window shopping, which I also love. Everything is new and shiny, but most of I don’t actually want or wouldn’t work for whatever reason.

Things will evolve a lot, just exciting.

Looking at the list from last season it’s kind of funny. There were several players like Day-Wilson, Diamond Johnson, Lexi Donarski and a couple others that just really didn’t impress this season.

They were not any worse really, but looking at their former teams’ improvement it makes you wonder…Duke, NC State and Iowa State all had better seasons than a year ago.

Think you have to be really cautious with some of these early portal jumpers. They may be more of the problem than the solution.

Whitehorn is the only one in the portal I would legit be interested in at the moment. She is athletic, can pass, handle and finish. Would be a really nice player off the bench for us next season. We have guards but we do need some depth.

The 6’6” post out of Bellarmine is also worth a look with 3 years of eligibility. Really seems she may have been under recruited.
NC State improved this year, yes, but Duke was a 3-seed hosting last year and now they're a 7-seed (though I do like Mair as their PG over Day-Wilson), and Iowa St. won the Big 12 tournament last year and was a 5-seed and now they're also a 7-seed. I agree that Day-Wilson and Donarski just kind of disappeared this season. Johnson wasn't eligible until mid-season and she put up very good numbers but it was the MEAC, certainly not the ACC.

I agree that Whitehorn could be an interesting pickup. To your point, I'd be less worried about players entering the portal when there's been a coaching change.

6'5" center Hannah Gusters is in the portal from Baylor to LSU to Oklahoma State. Quite a few fleeing Oklahoma State already.

Do not pass go with this one.

Also Ok State hire not working out from the looks of it. They looked more competitive her first season but she isn’t recruiting well and having players transfer in and then out is not a good look this day and age.

This is one I would not touch. Something seems off with her coachability.

She’s going to go somewhere that lets her shoot the 3 so probably not LSU lol.

Thinking Vandy if the Shea bridge isn’t burned.
I guess her mom didn't like this place either. It's funny, she transferred the season when the injury bug started at UConn. She would have started if she just waited for the season to start. When parents get involved, nothing good comes from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back