2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess her mom didn't like this place either. It's funny, she transferred the season when the injury bug started at UConn. She would have started if she just waited for the season to start. When parents get involved, nothing good comes from it.

Yes. Seems like a player getting too much input from everyone but her actual coach. Seems like a kid who has had 1,000 coaches and mommy and daddy probably had problems with all of them.

She’s just not very tough either. She’s always out with some minor problem. Not a player I’d want in my program, even as talented as she can be.

Nobody is going to let her jack up 3s at 27% the rate she likes to sling them up there. Didn’t her mom play at MIZZOU? I could see her spending a season there just to be the go to player and they are big on the 3 and versatile forwards. Would replace Frank well.

A player I really like is Carter McCray just a freshman put up 16 and 11 while shooting 56 percent from the field. Certainly played on a bad team to manage those numbers. Sure she had to work through some double teams quite a bit during the season. Three years to play think she might be a diamond in the rough somebody could get an outstandng inside player probably a four in the SEC.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Things will evolve a lot, just exciting.

Looking at the list from last season it’s kind of funny. There were several players like Day-Wilson, Diamond Johnson, Lexi Donarski and a couple others that just really didn’t impress this season.

They were not any worse really, but looking at their former teams’ improvement it makes you wonder…Duke, NC State and Iowa State all had better seasons than a year ago.

Think you have to be really cautious with some of these early portal jumpers. They may be more of the problem than the solution.

Whitehorn is the only one in the portal I would legit be interested in at the moment. She is athletic, can pass, handle and finish. Would be a really nice player off the bench for us next season. We have guards but we do need some depth.

The 6’6” post out of Bellarmine is also worth a look with 3 years of eligibility. Really seems she may have been under recruited.
I think we’re also looking at 6’6 Panina Davis from New Mexico JC. She’s a JUCO All American with 3 years of eligibility. She’s more of a Kitley type player and from Australia. You could actually compare her game to Azura Stevens

I think we’re also looking at 6’6 Panina Davis from New Mexico JC. She’s a JUCO All American with 3 years of eligibility. She’s more of a Kitley type player and from Australia. You could actually compare her game to Azura Stevens
She has a nice mid range shot. Looks a lot like Kitley on the floor the way she moves and shoots the ball.

Yeah we aren’t the only ones looking. I suspect she ends up at UCONN. They need a post and it’s pretty tough for us to compete with them in recruiting.

Also not so sure many Aussies will be wanting to play here. Least not if they knew Lou Brown. She didn’t have much nice to say after she left.

Yeah we aren’t the only ones looking. I suspect she ends up at UCONN. They need a post and it’s pretty tough for us to compete with them in recruiting.

Also not so sure many Aussies will be wanting to play here. Least not if they knew Lou Brown. She didn’t have much nice to say after she left.
Jess Rennie seemed to like playing here.

I believe UConn only has 1 scholarship left, which I assume they’re holding for Sarah Strong. But yeah, if they don’t get her, I can see them going after a JUCO or transfer post.

I believe UConn only has 1 scholarship left, which I assume they’re holding for Sarah Strong. But yeah, if they don’t get her, I can see them going after a JUCO or transfer post.

Looks like what it’s coming down to. Either she commits there and they take Davis or she stays in NC and Davis likely goes to UConn.

Not sure why we wasted our time having Strong visit. We need to not spend money on these kids just jacking around.

Reactions: maple
Center is probably the only position Dawn would consider from the portal. It's doubtful Adhel Tac can play by the beginning of next season and Cardosa will most likely be in the WNBA.

Center is probably the only position Dawn would consider from the portal. It's doubtful Adhel Tac can play by the beginning of next season and Cardosa will most likely be in the WNBA.

A lot of bigs there already. If I’m a big I’m not looking at SC for another couple years. Watkins, Feagin, Kitts, Tac and Walker.

They can’t all play the 4 I expect to see Watkins at the 5 a lot next season and they will play a more up tempo style.

Some of the Coaches and players from Texas are following her as well, but with their returning players and incoming class, I’m not sure if they’ll have the room either.

Some of the Coaches and players from Texas are following her as well, but with their returning players and incoming class, I’m not sure if they’ll have the room either.

They don’t but would take her if she wants to go I’m sure. Jones is just too slow. Superior size but she’s very plodding out there, doesn’t seem like she healed quite right from her injury.

She’s also sort of a baby I’ve noticed. More than once I saw them stop a game for her to leave the floor limping and in tears only to return to play minutes later. Still think if the officials have to stop the game for you, you should not be allowed to return.

They could have some players getting in the portal so always a way to make room.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
How similar to the Soares at Iowa State bc she was a monster

I guess her mom didn't like this place either. It's funny, she transferred the season when the injury bug started at UConn. She would have started if she just waited for the season to start. When parents get involved, nothing good comes from it.
I completely forgot she went to UConn. I could see her at one of the other Big East schools

Looks like Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Texas are all making a push for Berry. Hopefully we ended things on a good note with her. Would be really nice to get a talented freshman for next season.

If Kellie is staying longterm she’s going to need some young talent to build around. We can’t keep wiffing on HS and relying on players with 1-2 years left.

Now that the COVID players are mostly done the transfers are mostly going to have a year remaining if they come with significant experience or they are going to be young players who need developed.

Honestly, how many coaches with teams in the tournament (let alone a #6 seed) do you think will not be retained?
Your post is just laughable.
Hmmmm i dont think so lol .....Its sad how many here have settled for mediocracy because of their favorite former lady vol is not an elite coach never has been never will be and Tennessee will never see a championship again with her a the HC/ Do you not see what next year looks like ? And if so are you saying your content with what kelly is doing ? LMAO this program is becoming laughable some fans included

She didn't take no where near 40 shots and she made 47 percent so shooting is not so bad if she is taking them.
go watch the game she played against us lol....thats not a team player sorry but i get we are desperate we need everybody so why not smh ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back