2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just four players in the portal that I would say are acceptable post players at this time. I didn't add Hannah Gusters as she has some fairly good stats scoring but not a very good rebounder.

Here are the top players in the post:

Gracie Merkle 15.1 ppg 11.0 rebounds .702 FG percentage would have three seasons to play. I think she gets a lot of offers. 6'6" tall

Caitlin Weimer 18.7 ppg 10.6 rebounds .553 FG percentage has only one year to play, but would be a very excellent inside player for any team. She fills the need for any team needing post players. 6'4" tall

Kennedi Jackson 14.3 ppg 5.4 rebounds .470 FG percentage will be a backup for someone that needs a player that can be effective in that role 15 minutes per game. 6'4" tall

Ajae Petty 14.2 ppg 10.6 rebounds and .517 we all know about her would be effective inside just one season to play. 6'3" tall

That is about all the best post players to this point. A lot of 6'0" to 6'2" players that are effective players but would be three or four position players not a five.

One player that is very interesting to me is Carter McCray just 6'1" but is big and strong and plays a power game. I think she is going to develop into a very strong scorer and rebounder. 17.1 ppg 11.7 rebounds and .573 field goal percentage. This was as a freshman she has three more seasons to play.

Just four players in the portal that I would say are acceptable post players at this time. I didn't add Hannah Gusters as she has some fairly good stats scoring but not a very good rebounder.

Here are the top players in the post:

Gracie Merkle 15.1 ppg 11.0 rebounds .702 FG percentage would have three seasons to play. I think she gets a lot of offers. 6'6" tall

Caitlin Weimer 18.7 ppg 10.6 rebounds .553 FG percentage has only one year to play, but would be a very excellent inside player for any team. She fills the need for any team needing post players. 6'4" tall

Kennedi Jackson 14.3 ppg 5.4 rebounds .470 FG percentage will be a backup for someone that needs a player that can be effective in that role 15 minutes per game. 6'4" tall

Ajae Petty 14.2 ppg 10.6 rebounds and .517 we all know about her would be effective inside just one season to play. 6'3" tall

That is about all the best post players to this point. A lot of 6'0" to 6'2" players that are effective players but would be three or four position players not a five.

One player that is very interesting to me is Carter McCray just 6'1" but is big and strong and plays a power game. I think she is going to develop into a very strong scorer and rebounder. 17.1 ppg 11.7 rebounds and .573 field goal percentage. This was as a freshman she has three more seasons to play.
Merkle should be option number 1 all day long.. on top of that being able to sit and learn and compete against tamari everyday will be huge that also allows hollingshed to play the 4 which to me is her natural position......but i also would love for Phillipina Kyei of oregon to hit the portal lol cuz thats a no brainer

Last edited:
Merkle should be option number 1 all day long the on top of that being able to sit and learn and compete against tamari everyday will be huge that also allows hollingshed to play the 4 which to me is her natural position......but i also would love for Phillipina Kyei or oregon to hit the portal lol cuz thats a no brainer
I also believe Gracie Merkle should be option 1. And Ajae Petty should be the second option. GBO.

Last edited:
Merckle and Weimer or Petty. I actually like Weimer better than Petty cause she can make free throws. Get two of those three were good in the post next season. Of the players available right now I would also take Whitehorn or Scott still the best two scorers in the portal right now. The best point guard is still Gilbert or Chen. Merckle, Whitehorn, and Gilbert would all be more than one year to play. Both Weimer and Petty are on year to play. Smickle is also a great scorer still in the portal.

Let’s wait and see when all those other teams get bounced, I’m sure a lot of better players will be in the portal.
I doubt we see a post player who played better last year or has more potential than Merckle. Weimer is a strong post but she only has one year to play. Same for Petty. I can't think of any other post players out there that might get in that would be better than these three. Point guard we may see some better options although both Chen and Gilbert are exceptional players. Whitehorn is still young going to be a strong scorer the next two seasons for someone.

The way I would play it if I was the one would be try to grab Merckle now. Also Whitehorn. I could wait on the other two options.

I doubt we see a post player who played better last year or has more potential than Merckle. Weimer is a strong post but she only has one year to play. Same for Petty. I can't think of any other post players out there that might get in that would be better than these three. Point guard we may see some better options although both Chen and Gilbert are exceptional players. Whitehorn is still young going to be a strong scorer the next two seasons for someone.

The way I would play it if I was the one would be try to grab Merckle now. Also Whitehorn. I could wait on the other two options.
I just check Merkle out, she does bring skills we need at the Center position, she can catch passes, as well as catch in traffic, she makes easy layups, keeps the ball high, she can finish with contact, and Lao moves pretty well for her size.

I just check Merkle out, she does bring skills we need at the Center position, she can catch passes, as well as catch in traffic, she makes easy layups, keeps the ball high, she can finish with contact, and Lao moves pretty well for her size.
Can she get up and down the court in fast pace games

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back