2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah esp when u take eligibility into account. But she’s proven she can score so… not bad obv

She played a lot as a freshman at MIZZOU and was not very effective. Would expect her to be a bit more effective this time around after some experience, but still don’t see her averaging more than 8 and 3 a game in the SEC.

LOL at Yo thinking she has to share that brilliant insight with other coaches. Think Sam doesn't know that?

That stuff is what gets me about Yo. Gotta be the social media voice of everything every time.

She just mad because she spent all day reaching out only to find she’s 5th in line already 😂😂😂😂

A lot of bigs there already. If I’m a big I’m not looking at SC for another couple years. Watkins, Feagin, Kitts, Tac and Walker.

They can’t all play the 4 I expect to see Watkins at the 5 a lot next season and they will play a more up tempo style.

I could see us losing Feagin, Walker, and Tac may still be in rehab. Dawn will be looking for a true center to replace Cardosa.

Players considering Connecticut should probably worry about the Candace Curse. 😲

Seriously, though, I agree with everyone who thinks the portal should be closed until after the NCAA Tournament championship games. But then, doing it like this does give a fighting chance to some programs that might not have a chance without that three-week head start. Plus, the South Carolinas, LSUs, and Connecticuts of the game pretty much take who they want anyway, so I guess it's okay if they are double-taxed for three weeks. lol

Reactions: brittannica
Players considering Connecticut should probably worry about the Candace Curse. 😲

Seriously, though, I agree with everyone who thinks the portal should be closed until after the NCAA Tournament championship games. But then, doing it like this does give a fighting chance to some programs that might not have a chance without that three-week head start. Plus, the South Carolinas, LSUs, and Connecticuts of the game pretty much take who they want anyway, so I guess it's okay if they are double-taxed for three weeks. lol

Coaches just don’t like losing the control but I’ve got news for them. It’s long gone, the players are in control now. Gone are the days of toughing out a bad situation. If they aren’t happy they are packing their bags and hitting the road.

Like Scott not even finishing the season with Arkansas due to a “family emergency” which maybe was legit. But the optics at this point seem to indicate she just didn’t want to be at Arkansas so removed herself.

So Arkansas is without how many players against Tulsa? Wonder what the betting line will be if there is one. I know all the NCAA games have lines but not sure of the WBIT games.

Coaches just don’t like losing the control but I’ve got news for them. It’s long gone, the players are in control now. Gone are the days of toughing out a bad situation. If they aren’t happy they are packing their bags and hitting the road.

Like Scott not even finishing the season with Arkansas due to a “family emergency” which maybe was legit. But the optics at this point seem to indicate she just didn’t want to be at Arkansas so removed herself.

The idea that players in a non-revenue generating sport can be "in control" of anything is sort of silly. They may think they get to call the shots - and for the moment the lack of responsibility on the schools is enabling them to do so - but the charade will end. Especially in sports that represent a cost for the schools; when schools are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars per head, in a sport with no profit, I don't see any reason they should just sit there and take it. Sooner or later (probably sooner), the adults are going to draw some lines in the sand. And deservedly so.

The idea that players in a non-revenue generating sport can be "in control" of anything is sort of silly. They may think they get to call the shots - and for the moment the lack of responsibility on the schools is enabling them to do so - but the charade will end. Especially in sports that represent a cost for the schools; when schools are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars per head, in a sport with no profit, I don't see any reason they should just sit there and take it. Sooner or later (probably sooner), the adults are going to draw some lines in the sand. And deservedly so.

Right now they have to. If the schools don’t sit there and take it there will be a litany of lawsuits. They decided to treat them like employees essentially so now they have those rights and protections. The entire NIL process was rolled out in the worst way possible really.

Exactly. Talk has already started that small school athletics, women's sports, and non revenue sports may be the sacrificial lambs in all this. With all the new expenses they now have, football programs are already beefing about having to carry everyone else. At least the women have the hope that Title IX will save them.

LOL at Yo thinking she has to share that brilliant insight with other coaches. Think Sam doesn't know that?

That stuff is what gets me about Yo. Gotta be the social media voice of everything every time.
If this gets you then it’s probably you not her. Something so simple and easy to ignore and yet you can’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back