2024 Transfer Portal

I’ve stated before, the distance of the fences at LNS are less of an impact than the real small foul territory.

Batters are getting extra pitches due to more fouls reaching the net and stands. Very few home runs at LNS by any team are wall scrapers.

I need to research, but I believe hitting and home runs improved when the MVP seats and the right field bleachers were built. The walls were pushed back slightly but the foul territory was reduced proportionately more.

I guess I'm a little surprised we haven't landed anyone yet. We just won the CWS, Tony is a player's coach, and there were rumors that his phone was "ringing off the hook" with guys wanting to come here. I'm not panicking about it. Things will work themselves out. Just thought we'd see movement sooner rather than later.

I guess I'm a little surprised we haven't landed anyone yet. We just won the CWS, Tony is a player's coach, and there were rumors that his phone was "ringing off the hook" with guys wanting to come here. I'm not panicking about it. Things will work themselves out. Just thought we'd see movement sooner rather than later.

Patience.

I imagine the MLB draft plays a role in the timing of some of these decisions.

We’re swinging for the fences with every top portal player. That is going to take time. I wouldn’t expect a commitment any time soon.

He wants guys who fit into the culture, not just chasing the biggest bag, I think some of the players visiting during the Evansville series really upset him. Go look at that press conference after game 3

At least Manny won't sit their chewing seeds with a stern look on his face, he'll be celebrating CTV post-championship style.
I feel like Kent has leaned in to his decades long reputation of just being a jerk. It’s almost like when he knows the camera is on him he feels he’s gotta play the part. There is also the strong possibility he just really is a jerk and it’s all natural. I can’t imagine my son launching a homer on the CWS and not reacting in the least. Looked like he was holding in gas.

Yeah, just like in bball, I think we will be ecstatic. Although, I’m still sad we’ve seen the last of some of these guys who are off to MLB.

VN Store

Back