2024 Transfer Portal

Never mind. I found the dimensions. 320 down the lines at LNS. Will see if Omaha is 335.
The Omaha stadium is 15 feet deeper down the lines and in the alleys. 18 feet deeper to CF. To me that’s significant but I’ll leave that to the baseball experts. The difficulty in Omaha is probably the erratic winds as the other poster stated.

I thought our RF fence is like 310 and Omaha is 335? Everybody refers to our “short porch”.

It isn't the dimensions per se, but the wind tunnels create good carry. An example would be Evansville or ND last year with homers that looked like routine flyouts off the bat that just kept carrying. UT's homers (more talented, stronger players) are moonshots most days. A few of the 9-10 homers in G3 versus Evansville were insane bombs.

Omaha gets that reputation, because the wind likes to blow in (but is also bigger, which is doubly bad).

For example, the UF game-winning homer than Lav robbed in right field during G2/G3 would have been gone in every SEC park. I wish the NCAA tournament (or just the CWS) had more extensive Statcast like the MLB. It would be helpful to show this visually.

It is similar to Wrigley in that regard, where Patrick Wisdom will hit one 115mph to left, and the wind knocks it down, and it only goes to the wall, when on other days, that same ball is in the street.

Last edited:
The Omaha stadium is 15 feet deeper down the lines and in the alleys. 18 feet deeper to CF. To me that’s significant but I’ll leave that to the baseball experts. The difficulty in Omaha is probably the erratic winds as the other poster stated
The first part of my Statement was in reference to Blue Bell park in College Station.
10 foot deeper than LNS, for the most part

Reactions: StarRaider
So anyone heard anything about Jace LaViolette? Kent? Schott? Grahovac?
Nothing outside of what has already been posted.

I will say, A&M former assistant Michael Earley is starting to get buzz to be the HC and if he ends up getting the job, I fully expect all 4 of those guys to withdrawal from the portal and go back to A&M.

Right now "everyone" is saying LSU, with A&M and Tennessee remaining his possible options. Which, if accurate, means he would wait to see who A&M hires and has a chance to meet with him before deciding.

Kinda like Democratic voters who don't want Trump, but are waiting to see if their home team will be providing a viable option.
Of course. Has to be LSU.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Need to hope Michael Earley doesn’t get the job or Grahvoac ain’t leaving. I think a lot of A&M players will stay if they hire him. So, root for a big boy to take it.

Need to hope Michael Earley doesn’t get the job or Grahvoac ain’t leaving. I think a lot of A&M players will stay if they hire him. So, root for a big boy to take it.

If Earley gets aTm... the silver lining is that Elander probably stays with CTV for another season. There is a thread on texags about Josh E. as the new coach. Other positive for us is that it hurts tu.

If Earley gets aTm... the silver lining is that Elander probably stays with CTV for another season. There is a thread on texags about Josh E. as the new coach. Other positive for us is that it hurts tu.

I have no sources but I doubt they hire Elander. Everything I have seen is they try and land a big fish or go to Earley if the big fish doesn’t come through. Who knows though.

I have no sources but I doubt they hire Elander. Everything I have seen is they try and land a big fish or go to Earley if the big fish doesn’t come through. Who knows though.
I don't either except what I pick up on from various fan posts... from what I see I think you are near the bullseye on Earley.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Has the coach at Dallas Baptist name come up in any of the coaching search for TAMU? Figure he should land a big job in the near future...he's been at DBU for what 15 years?

Has the coach at Dallas Baptist name come up in any of the coaching search for TAMU? Figure he should land a big job in the near future...he's been at DBU for what 15 years?
I read on twitter that he was contacted by A&M and he was interested. Not sure if true though.

I’ll never get my hopes up for baseball transfers until it’s official again. But Jace would be a huge addition.
Yeah….this type thing is impossible to call. Just so many variables in play. Clearly would be a game changing pick up but still…just a lot of layers to go through before this is even a thing. I agree. This can really be discouraging if we think it’s happening and it doesn’t. We’ve been there..done that😂.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back