2024 Transfer Portal

I think it will be one of the freshman he signed coming in if they don’t sign after draft.

Maybe so...but if they beat him out, then they will have earned it.

Those more in the know can correct me if I'm way off, but the staff LOVES AA. His attitude is perfect for the team. He'll live in the cage this fall and get his bat on line.

SEC transfers update:

Alabama
Alton Davis II P SO
Luke Williams OF FR
Camden Hayslip DH JR
Evan Haeger OF FR
Jackson Baker P FR
Sammy Leis C FR
Joey Rubin IF JR

Auburn
Chris Stanfield CF SO
Gavin Miller 3B SO .................................Houston
Cameron Keshock P SO
Zach Crotchfelt P SO
Kaleb Freeman LF JR
Trevor Horne P SO
Alex Wade OF FR
Ty Mauldin 2B JR

Florida
Hunter Jones P FR
John Martinez IF FR

Georgia
James Hays P FR
Davis Rokose P JR
Blake Gillespie P SO
Ethan Sutton P FR
Will Pearson P SR
Dwight Allen RF SO.................................. UNLV
Cole Wagner DH SO.................................Penn State

Kentucky
Josh Skowronski UT FR
Blake Bowen UT FR
Christian Howe P SO

LSU
Nic Bronzini P FR
Cam Johnson P FR
Aiden Moffett P SO
Dallas Dale II OF FR
Micah Bucknam P SO
Austen Roellig IF FR
Derrick Mitchell OF FR
Kaleb Applebey P SO ...............................Austin Peay

Miss State
Cole Cheatham P JR
Logan Forsythe P SO

Missouri
Logan Lunceford P SO
Juju Stevens DH JR
Tucker Moore LF FR
Jack Holubowski 1B FR
Jackson Beaman RF SO
Aiden Heberlie RF FR
Jack Mosh IF FR

Ole Miss
Eli Berch C SO
John Kramer LF JR
Cole Tolbert P JR
Corey Braun P JR
Seth Farni RF FR
Trenton Lyons C FR
Gabe Smith P FR

Tennessee
Zane Denton 3B SR....................................Austin Peay
Wyatt Evans P SO

Texas A&M
Justin Vossos 2B FR
Carl Schmidt IF FR

Vanderbilt
Sam Hliboki P Gr
Devan Kodali OF SO

Cyr to UF.
I wonder if TV's comments about players only wanting money had to do with this?
Who cares, I stand with CTV. The way he's running the program is working. We did this once when NIL started with Ahuna, and it didn't work out well at all in the locker room. CTV has adjusted since then. He recruits guys that want to be here to grow, improve and play in a successful program and with a coach that has your back 100%.

Heard Ben McKee on the radio today and he was talking about the number of guys we potentially lose be it draft or out of eligibility. Seems like next year could possibly CTV's most challenging year here. There's a possibility we lose all 3 starting outfielders. He thinks Tears and DD will get drafted and said there's a possibility that Ensley's strong play as of late has elevated him up some draft boards. As far as the infield. Burke, CMo, and Amick will all be drafted. Stark is out of eligibility. That just leaves Curley.

Then he talked about pitching. Drew Beam will be drafted. If not drafted, Zander is out of eligibility. And he thinks AJ Causey gets drafted as well. So that's basically all 3 weekend guys. (I know Stamos was technically starting, but Causey was the guy). I know we get Russell back, but he'll be coming back from being injured. Seems like starting pitching is a big question mark. Bullpen, we know Kirby is gone. Potential for a few of those arms to get drafted as well.

McKee then discussed the highly rated incoming class. He said the problem there is "highly rated" means seeing them potentially drafted as well. He expects we'll still get a good group on campus but says the draft could hurt.

I trust CTV completely, so I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer. I just think we as fans need to realize the challenge next season could bring.

Heard Ben McKee on the radio today and he was talking about the number of guys we potentially lose be it draft or out of eligibility. Seems like next year could possibly CTV's most challenging year here. There's a possibility we lose all 3 starting outfielders. He thinks Tears and DD will get drafted and said there's a possibility that Ensley's strong play as of late has elevated him up some draft boards. As far as the infield. Burke, CMo, and Amick will all be drafted. Stark is out of eligibility. That just leaves Curley.

Then he talked about pitching. Drew Beam will be drafted. If not drafted, Zander is out of eligibility. And he thinks AJ Causey gets drafted as well. So that's basically all 3 weekend guys. (I know Stamos was technically starting, but Causey was the guy). I know we get Russell back, but he'll be coming back from being injured. Seems like starting pitching is a big question mark. Bullpen, we know Kirby is gone. Potential for a few of those arms to get drafted as well.

McKee then discussed the highly rated incoming class. He said the problem there is "highly rated" means seeing them potentially drafted as well. He expects we'll still get a good group on campus but says the draft could hurt.

I trust CTV completely, so I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer. I just think we as fans need to realize the challenge next season could bring.

Yep. Next year will be a complete rebuild. But I suspect TV will still field a very good roster that may just take a bit of extra time to gel.

On the positive side, McKee also mentioned that Tennessee is going to yet again be a very desired landing spot for portal players and he has heard there is a record number of portal players reaching out to us. He said the number has been almost overwhelming.

I’m hoping numbers don’t trigger Tears exit. Not sure where DD is on go/no-go numbers. Bet the staff has a bang up replenishment plan working, and have to believe some great players will be inquiring about openings to follow Amick and Bargo to play for CTV. He and Frank have to be real draws in this age of free transfers. Especially with the facilities upgrades being featured and packed houses the trend.

I’m hoping numbers don’t trigger Tears exit. Not sure where DD is on go/no-go numbers. Bet the staff has a bang up replenishment plan working, and have to believe some great players will be inquiring about openings to follow Amick and Bargo to play for CTV. He and Frank have to be real draws in this age of free transfers. Especially with the facilities upgrades being featured and packed houses the trend.
Tears and Dreiling are gone. Either returning would be a shock.

Right now we have:
C:pebbles
1st: Bargo
2nd: No idea
SS: AA
3B: Curly
LF: chapman
CF: Ensley
RF: Backus
DH: Villeneuve

LHP
Loy
Behnke
Dallas

RHP
Russell
Snead
Phillips

That’s who I’m confident will be on roster next year. Not crazy but definitely some talent just lacking some star power on the hitters

Reactions: Freak
Right now we have:
C:pebbles
1st: Bargo
2nd: No idea
SS: AA
3B: Curly
LF: chapman
CF: Ensley
RF: Backus
DH: Villeneuve

LHP
Loy
Behnke
Dallas

RHP
Russell
Snead
Phillips

That’s who I’m confident will be on roster next year. Not crazy but definitely some talent just lacking some star power on the hitters
Might put Villeneuve at 1B and Bargo at DH.

Lohry and Alex Perry would be the top candidates at 2B right now, but Hunter High and Camden Bates were highly thought of freshmen this year who could develop.

Blake Grimmer is another freshman they like who could push at 1B and in the outfield, same goes for Cole Eaton and Brayden Sharpe.

Add Derek Schaefer and JJ Garcia to the RHP group.

Lohry and Alex Perry would be the top candidates at 2B right now, but Hunter High and Camden Bates were highly thought of freshmen this year who could develop.

Blake Grimmer is another freshman they like who could push at 1B and in the outfield, same goes for Cole Eaton and Brayden Sharpe.

I’m just throwing people who I’m confident will be here. Not 100% sure if any of the Freshman who didn’t play much stay or leave with how the Portal is. Ik a few will stay but not all of them. Like Kendro from last year. Forgot Lohry having another year

3 CWS in 4 years, I’m not worried. You’ll see close to 10 portal players.

Yep. Next year will be a complete rebuild. But I suspect TV will still field a very good roster that may just take a bit of extra time to gel.

On the positive side, McKee also mentioned that Tennessee is going to yet again be a very desired landing spot for portal players and he has heard there is a record number of portal players reaching out to us. He said the number has been almost overwhelming.
Is filling needs with JUCO pretty much a thing of the past with the portal?

I’m just throwing people who I’m confident will be here. Not 100% sure if any of the Freshman who didn’t play much stay or leave with how the Portal is. Ik a few will stay but not all of them. Like Kendro from last year. Forgot Lohry having another year
I think players left last year because of how crowded they saw it was going to be. Maybe a few that left due to locker room issues. I don't see that this coming year as by all accounts locker room is good this year and there will be opportunities next year. Why leave now?

I think players left last year because of how crowded they saw it was going to be. Maybe a few that left due to locker room issues. I don't see that this coming year as by all accounts locker room is good this year and there will be opportunities next year. Why leave now?
True that!! I think a lot also depends on who make its to campus from the upcoming recruiting class

Bargo may be better suited for 1st since he's a lefty.

VN Store

Back