2024 Transfer Portal

Has anyone heard anything on Kilen? Most guys in the portal seem to be committing quickly, but he is taking his time. I think that bodes well for us. If we end up landing him, that would then leave a gap at 1B, RF, and LF, assuming that Ensley comes back. That’s also under the assumption that AA goes to SS and Curley goes to 3B. Feels like Kilen is a must get.

Kilen is the top player in the portal, so it’s not shocking to me he is taking his time to make his decision, especially since I would assume both the Vols and Aggies are after him and still playing.

I agree that it can’t hurt that he hasn’t committed anywhere yet. But I don’t know if if means anything.

I will agree with other points though. I think the portal window, just like basketball, needs to change. Coaches shouldn’t have to be trying to recruit next year’s roster while post-season play is still ongoing. I have zero concerns that Tony will strike out in the portal, we’ll get some players, but it does put teams at a disadvantage.

Still, if I have to trade a getting a strong portal class to get a national championship appearance, I make that trade 100 times out of 100.

Kilen is the top player in the portal, so it’s not shocking to me he is taking his time to make his decision, especially since I would assume both the Vols and Aggies are after him and still playing.

I agree that it can’t hurt that he hasn’t committed anywhere yet. But I don’t know if if means anything.

I will agree with other points though. I think the portal window, just like basketball, needs to change. Coaches shouldn’t have to be trying to recruit next year’s roster while post-season play is still ongoing. I have zero concerns that Tony will strike out in the portal, we’ll get some players, but it does put teams at a disadvantage.

Still, if I have to trade a getting a strong portal class to get a national championship appearance, I make that trade 100 times out of 100.
Give me Omaha every day of the week.

Early morning after winning the NC, was sitting here thinking about all of the guys we lose from this team and it's a lot. Guess now Tony gets to focus on building next year's team. Lots of opportunity to be had here. Hopefully we see more talent enter the portal from other teams now that the CWS is over. Hard to imagine a kid not wanting to play for Tony. Looking forward to next season.

Sidenote, I hope the guys moving on know how much we fans love and appreciate them and everything they've done here. It's been special.

Just viewed a post stated Tennessee fixing to clean up in portal. Obviously something is cooking.

Do you smell what the Italian is cooking?
The partial lists I've seen show several of the top names already off the board to SEC teams. Vandy, UF, LSU and Georgia have already nabbed a top player. After thinking about it tho, if I were the head coach, I wouldn't be advertising my needs and targets either. They say kids won't pop into the portal unless they've already secured a spot/deal. Guess we'll just have to enjoy the veal marsala and wait for Vitello to work his magic.

The partial lists I've seen show several of the top names already off the board to SEC teams. Vandy, UF, LSU and Georgia have already nabbed a top player. After thinking about it tho, if I were the head coach, I wouldn't be advertising my needs and targets either. They say kids won't pop into the portal unless they've already secured a spot/deal. Guess we'll just have to enjoy the veal marsala and wait for Vitello to work his magic.
I bet we get both Gavin’s. (TTU and Louisville)

Kilen did repost Snead’s commitment tweet saying it was the best decision ever

VN Store

Back