2024 Transfer Portal

While your sitting, do you have room for more at your table because there are a lot that will need to join you. I don't get the guys who question them even to this point. They have proven they know a "little" about the game and positioning players in the field, lineup, rotation, and even bench.
There are a few posters, who claim to love UT and say “what’s wrong with saying everything isn’t perfect? I’m a fan but I get called out if I say anything negative, yada yada”.

One of them got into a small “spat” with Freak not too long ago (Freak being the guy he is just let it go). Same guy also thought we’d lose game 3 of the supers bc “history says so”. I’m sure he’ll be here to tell us “told ya so” if the guys don’t win it all. He and a few others just make me wonder why they are here.

Tears and Dreiling are gone. Either returning would be a shock.
Every year some guys listen to projections and choose to withdraw hoping a year makes them some money, and would love for either one to go down that road. Comparing notes with C-MO and Burke COULD at least put that in play.

Reactions: VolPack22
Every year some guys listen to projections and choose to withdraw hoping a year makes them some money, and would love for either one to go down that road. Comparing notes with C-MO and Burke COULD at least put that in play.
C-Mo and Burke were not eligible to leave until this year. I’m not sure how their situations are similar.

Last year I thought Starks was nothing more than a depth piece and getting Peebles was a coup. Felt Vitello needed to bench Burke, move Curley to 3rd and start AA. Now I think I need to sit down, shut up, and sip some coffee. Vitello knows what he wants. I'll just watch him work his magic and reload this roster....again.
I’m to the point where I don’t even worry about losing the amount of players that we are because I know we are a premier landing spot and Vitello has the ability to get any guy in the portal if he desperately wants them. It’s honestly so relaxing knowing that he will reload and I won’t have to worry because I know whoever he brings in is his guy.

I guess the only positive for LSU losing early is they have more time now to focus on the portal. They are cleaning up already.

C-Mo and Burke were not eligible to leave until this year. I’m not sure how their situations are similar.
The hopeful commonality is the increased value earned in one year of production as a lead dog in the pack. Either or both would project to those roles next year. Put up in the neighborhood of 25-30 HR and watch draft position and pay days climb.

The hopeful commonality is the increased value earned in one year of production as a lead dog in the pack. Either or both would project to those roles next year. Put up in the neighborhood of 25-30 HR and watch draft position and pay days climb.
Hope so. But I doubt it. Tears and Dreiling both had much better years as sophs than Burke had as a soph. Burke had much more room for improvement. Moore as a sophomore had more comparable numbers to DD/KT as sophs, but theirs are still better.

Would love to be wrong, but they put up some really good numbers this year and if they're projected top 3-5 rounds, I think they're gone. Also...this is a weak draft overall. Putting up the same or slightly better numbers next year in a stronger draft likely means a lower draft spot. If I'm on the fence this year, I'm leaving for that reason.

But man...if Dreiling, Ensley, and Tears all came back, what an Outfield we'd have in 2025.

Guess if Vitello and Anderson want him, he's pretty good?
His 4-seam fastball tops out at 135 mph. His spin rate is at 3,122. Throws a curve that drops 4 feet in the final foot of its flight to home plate and his slider moves 3 feet from arm side in its final seven inches of flight. He has to start his 2 seamer halfway down the first base line, it has so much arm side run.

So yes.

VN Store

Back