2024 Transfer Portal

I don't think we'd get both Patton and Doyle. Obviously we'd take both, but I don't see us getting 2 lefty starts. Dream haul would one of those two paired along with Eyanson (haven't seen if we've contacted him)

Reactions: HeadVol77
Dream.

Weekend Rotation:
Day 1 - Myles Patton
Day 2 - Anthony Eyanson
Day 3 - Liam Doyle

Bullpen: Snead, Loy, Russell (ease him back into it), Phillips, Franklin, incoming freshman. (I’m sure I’m missing a decent amount of guys)
Loy is way better than Doyle imo. Behnke is going to get heavy innings out the pen.

4.43 ERA this season, but I'd be curious what it was after his first few outings as a starter before switching him into coming in behind Stamos.

Your post just brought flashbacks to the 16-2 loss to UGA we attended in which AJ gave up 7 earned runs in 2.2 innings. We picked the wrong Georgia game to go to.

It’s honestly the formula to get drafted highly. Velo+slider is extremely difficult for college hitters. Cortez gave us fits in game 2 with it.
The movement on Cortez’s 2-seamer was ridiculous. I don’t know how anyone ever gets a hit on that dude. And the velocity was like that of an elite 4 seamer. That kind of movement on a pitch that fast just isn’t fair.

The movement on Cortez’s 2-seamer was ridiculous. I don’t know how anyone ever gets a hit on that dude. And the velocity was like that of an elite 4 seamer. That kind of movement on a pitch that fast just isn’t fair.
Funny thing was that the first inning plus, it was all over the place, but the last couple of innings he was able to control it pretty decently. Reminded me of Jordan Hicks, formerly of the Cardinals. If there comes a time when a pitcher can effectively control that type of electricity on a regular basis, then they become a special player.

I want to cautiously propose that AJ will be a starter next season.
Granted it may be the mid-week starter and only 2-3 innings at the outset.
But I fully expect that AJ will be a weekend starter well before season's end. Officially speaking, jmho.
Let’s hope so. The kid deserves to be in a situation where he can flourish.

ERAs are going to be higher in college than MLB because there’s a lot more scoring in general
There’s less scoring in the MLB because the pitching is better. They weeded it out to a tiny group of very elite arms at that point. A great pitcher in college can have a very low ERA. There’s nothing about the college game that prevents that, except certain stadium dimensions.

There’s less scoring in the MLB because the pitching is better. They weeded it out to a tiny group of very elite arms at that point. A great pitcher in college can have a very low ERA. There’s nothing about the college game that prevents that, except certain stadium dimensions.
I was going to respond similarly, but I saw this and you nailed it.

Didn’t really look into the ERA that much. Depends on the situations the guy was given in-game.

It’s one thing to give up several runs there’s nobody on base or one guy on base with one out, etc. it’s another when you get thrown into the game with bases loaded or with two guys in scoring position.

You just have to look game by game and go from there.

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_

VN Store

Back