2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Interesting how two positions that are seemingly so far apart can be so unreasonable that they end up being close together. The take that Sides (and everyone) plots against CC is as unreasonable as the take that AR, one of the game's all time great PR artists, gets no PR.
Bro I never said she didn’t get any pr, I said u don’t see them promoting her games unless it’s against Indiana. Show me a game that they get on ABC/ESPN without Indiana? Like I said even when she went to play closer to home, they didn’t even mention it at all, she wasn’t even on the promo poster for the game. But I’m use to it now, so it’s not a big deal, I won’t even bring it up anymore, I hope everyone else does the same.

Bro I never said she didn’t get any pr, I said u don’t see them promoting her games unless it’s against Indiana. Show me a game that they get on ABC/ESPN without Indiana? Like I said even when she went to play closer to home, they didn’t even mention it at all, she wasn’t even on the promo poster for the game. But I’m use to it now, so it’s not a big deal, I won’t even bring it up anymore, I hope everyone else does the same.
At some point even I know it's useless to continue to argue. You are locked in your absolute Angel victimhood. Go for it.

Want to break down the video of the 1.1 second against So Carolina?;)

At some point even I know it's useless to continue to argue. You are locked in your absolute Angel victimhood. Go for it.

Want to break down the video of the 1.1 second against So Carolina?;)
She’s not a victim, the fans are but let’s move past that. As for that game against Sc, that was a Kellie Harper choke job.

But this is the W and you don't win that way. We already saw that earlier with the Fever. But again, apparently with many uber Clark fans, winning isn't the point. It's a very strange new fandom.

What we saw earlier from the Fever was Clark getting triple teamed and her teammates standing around and watching instead of making a basket cut.

They finally got some motion in their offense and have improved dramatically.

What we saw earlier from the Fever was Clark getting triple teamed and her teammates standing around and watching instead of making a basket cut.

They finally got some motion in their offense and have improved dramatically.
Agree. Which is why CC's role as a facilitator and passer have led to teammates involvement which has led to wins. IMO, that role for CC is more important than the actual logo 3s. Respect to the threat she creates. But that doesn't call for her getting 20 shots a game. Just the opposite, unless you're in it for the eyeballs and not the win.

I believe both could have been validly attempted
Strategically, what would you have done differently? Clark was not subbed at all until 33 seconds left in the game and the Fever were clinging to a small lead. She was subbed out for a defensive rotation and then after a missed Mercury FT, a Fever player was fouled and sent to the line, Clark stayed on the bench since they would immediately be back in a defensive set. Clark is generally in the backcourt when opposing teams shoot FTs, so she was not likely to grab a rebound on a missed FT.

Second, why would you risk your team securing a much needed victory against an above .500 team just so your star player could have a very outside chance of grabbing one more rebound?

As a mere basketball acolyte, I simply can't understand the strategic genius of prioritizing a personal stat over a team win,. Please explain to me.

Last edited:
Dont care how many minute she played. If a player is 1 board away from a triple double you let them see if they can get it.

Would have been the first rookie in history to record a triple double but her own coach couldn’t handle letting her do it.

Side does not sub Clark, even after a bad pass or getting blown by (If only Rickea got that kind of unconditional love), Clark had all but 33 seconds of game time to get her triple double. Side said post-game she had no idea that Clark was that close anyway which makes sense she was trying to get a big win for the TEAM.

Caitlin sank 2 pressure Free Throws to seal the win basically. Phoenix never scored again, who cares if she was sub out for defense. I'm positive if Phoenix had cut the lead to one or tied the game CC would've checked back in.

Many examples of such new fandom are posted in this thread on behalf of all Lady Vol players in the W.
I think we must have some 12 year old girls masquerading as adults on this board. This complaint about Clark is utterly insane. Players like Luka D. and Jokic have multiple games a season where they are one rebound or assist away from a triple double. It just happens.

Strategically, what would you have done differently? Clark was not subbed at all until 33 seconds left in the game and the Fever were clinging to a small lead. She was subbed out for a defensive rotation and then after a missed Mercury FT, a Fever player was fouled and sent to the line, Clark stayed on the bench since they would immediately be back in a defensive set. Clark is generally in the backcourt when opposing teams shoot FTs, so she was not likely to grab a rebound on a missed FT.

Second, why would you risk your team securing a much needed victory against an above .500 team just so your star player could have a very outside chance of grabbing one more rebound?

As a mere basketball acolyte, I simply can't understand the strategic genius of prioritizing a personal stat over a team win,. Please explain to me.

In one sentence...the marquee player who is (an I'm not even a "Clark-ette") bringing in tons of fans to a sport badly in need of fans...Is about to do something DT, Candace, Leslie, etc,,,never did....First rookie to record a triple double...

You let her make a possible un-equaled historic record.

One win'loss versus a historic occasion.
Yes, you simply can't understand

The way I read Jumper's point was just that it was not like Clark needed to sit bc, despite playing the whole game, her defense was suddenly a game changing liability. Like it was a choice of either pull her for 30 seconds or lose. Likely she could have played out the game and they still would have won? Also likely her stat line would have been the same either way? Mountain out of mile hill?

It's crazy how charged anything with her or Angel are, everything having to do with them tosses everything to the extreme. I know, I know, but the media has done this!! The media is what it is, sports or otherwise.
It's a money making industry, not dispenser of fairness and truth. I just try to avoid it.

I wish both players and women's basketball well. I like the Bird and Magic analogy, and we are waiting for Michael to come along. Excited to see what the future of the game holds.

So Champions are respected, that’s all I e been saying all along. Champions are the ones that are immortalized in their sport.

I don’t have to respect her because she’s a champion. She plays basketball. That’s all. She’s a selfish, narcissistic girl.

The way I read Jumper's point was just that it was not like Clark needed to sit bc, despite playing the whole game, her defense was suddenly a game changing liability. Like it was a choice of either pull her for 30 seconds or lose. Likely she could have played out the game and they still would have won? Also likely her stat line would have been the same either way? Mountain out of mile hill?

It's crazy how charged anything with her or Angel are, everything having to do with them tosses everything to the extreme. I know, I know, but the media has done this!! The media is what it is, sports or otherwise.
It's a money making industry, not dispenser of fairness and truth. I just try to avoid it.

I wish both players and women's basketball well. I like the Bird and Magic analogy, and we are waiting for Michael to come along. Excited to see what the future of the game holds.
I’m waiting for people to stop comparing women with men.

In one sentence...the marquee player who is (an I'm not even a "Clark-ette") bringing in tons of fans to a sport badly in need of fans...Is about to do something DT, Candace, Leslie, etc,,,never did....First rookie to record a triple double...

You let her make a possible un-equaled historic record.

One win'loss versus a historic occasion.
Yes, you simply can't understand
Disagree. Coach should only be focused on the game situation in that instance, and only longterm concern should be winning that game. That's what she owes the players. Making money, "growing the game", any future goals should not come at the expense of winning the game. Because winning and playing well is the ultimate game grower. Mercury needed a three. Fever needed their best perimeter defenders. End of story. CC will get her triple double eventually.
I know, I know, but the media has done this!! The media is what it is, sports or otherwise.
IMO what the media generally is is lazy, just like most of us. They are followers, not leaders. The incredible crowds at Iowa happened first, the media just latched on to it. Her fan appeal, though completely lost on me, is undeniable. But I still wouldn't throw a game because of it.

Disagree. .... CC will get her triple double eventually.
As a rookie,,,hasn't happened in 28 years with some very good players
I would wager you are wrong
Sometimes the situation for growing the game takes precedence over the game

I am a coach of 43 years and a win-first coach,,, and even I realize this

Sometimes the situation for growing the game takes precedence over the game

I am a coach of 43 years and a win-first coach,,, and even I realize this
i don’t like getting disrespectful but you’re a clown, and now I see why people on here treat u as such. U pick and choose who to praise, Reese breaks a record and u have something smart to say but I want Clark to have a chance, give me a break.

She's a great shooter and an even better passer. And they hand her rebounds on a silver platter. It will happen.

No one player is/should be bigger than the game , esp at the pro level. If they are, it's WWE wrestling, not legit sport.

She's a great shooter and an even better passer. And they hand her rebounds on a silver platter. It will happen.

No one player is/should be bigger than the game , esp at the pro level. If they are, it's WWE wrestling, not legit sport.

tell that to Michael Jordan

i don’t like getting disrespectful but you’re a clown, and now I see why people on here treat u as such. U pick and choose who to praise, Reese breaks a record and u have something smart to say but I want Clark to have a chance, give me a break.
Reese who?

Give it up, you can't win

VN Store

Back