2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

I‘m not teying win anything, I just had to let u know what u are. And here u go if u need a reminder, no reason to reply.

so glad I have a scholar to tell me

BTW,,,that Reese kid played for an SEC rival,,,get with it
SHe will never be loved on this forum
except by people who don't care that she played for a rival team

Reactions: Raebo

Nah, you could go through and find every player in the league going for rebounds at the same time as teammates. Just hustling toward the ball as they should. Angel Reese would steamroll her Granny for a rebound and we'd call it great determination.

What I'm talking about is all the loose ball rebounds CC gets bc her teammates have the opponents blocked out. Not a crime, every team has a rebound wrangler apparently. But it explains how a player so small and without much vertical gets enough rebounds to even approach a double double.

Reactions: FanSincethe5th

A 55 minute WNBA spaces discussion on the official WNBA Twitter discussing ROY and All-Star team selection.

Never mentioned Caitlin Clark once. Not a single time. They shaded her several times without mentioning her name. But they wouldn’t let it cross their lips.

I haven’t seen mean girl, juvenile behavior like this since middle school and I didn’t think it was cute then either.

The sooner the WNBA separates themselves from these fringe people the better off they will be. These are not journalists, they are click farming haters with an agenda. It’s ruining what could be great for the sport of women’s basketball.

Last edited:
Nah, you could go through and find every player in the league going for rebounds at the same time as teammates. Just hustling toward the ball as they should. Angel Reese would steamroll her Granny for a rebound and we'd call it great determination.

What I'm talking about is all the loose ball rebounds she gets bc her teammates have the opponents blocked out. Not a crime, every team has a rebound wrangler apparently. But it explains how a player so small and without much vertical gets enough rebounds to even approach a double double.
i don’t know if she always does that or not, those are just clips they were talking about. And no Reese doesn’t do that, I’ve watch her give up rebounds to Cardoso instead of for herself when she’s in position. Reese is all about uplifting her teammates, nobody can show me proof of her taking rebounds from her teammates, I show proof and would ask for anyone else to do the same. Reese is one of the most unselfish players in the league, people just don’t like her and will say anything.

What I'm talking about is all the loose ball rebounds CC gets bc her teammates have the opponents blocked out. Not a crime, every team has a rebound wrangler apparently. But it explains how a player so small and without much vertical gets enough rebounds to even approach a double double.

People get so mad, but she for real pulls in 4-6 of her own misses per game. Sometimes more. Rarely less.

I played with a guy like that. It was infuriating being his teammate. He would have 4 players around him trying to shoot it off his own miss for the 4th time while everyone else just stood there dejected lol.

He’s finally make it or they’d get the rebound and we’d move on. It was selfish play and a refusal to get better. Just couldn’t finish and wouldn’t put in the work to improve. He played hard and was a team asset on the defensive glass, but just an absolute offensive liability.

Multiple bodies always around Reese in the paint, something these people forget to mention, along with her not getting the foul calls she deserves. It’s not like they’re setting screens to get her open or her pushing off to get a clean look. IMG_1356.jpegIMG_1358.jpeg

i don’t know if she always does that or not, those are just clips they were talking about. And no Reese doesn’t do that, I’ve watch her give up rebounds to Cardoso instead of for herself when she’s in position. Reese is all about uplifting her teammates, nobody can show me proof of her taking rebounds from her teammates, I show proof and would ask for anyone else to do the same. Reese is one of the most unselfish players in the league, people just don’t like her and will say anything.
When I think of Reese...I think of;
1719884429405.png

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Dear God. Saint Angel. And next she'll cure cancer and deliver a puppy, a coke, and a smile to all children everywhere.

Like most things, you could look at this both ways: she is a one of a kind generational rebounder, on the other hand, that's because she provides herself so very many opportunities:
BTW, she and Kamilla do wrestle for the rebound here, so much for St. Angel giving it up to teammates. No big deal, it happens, and certainly part of AR's dogged relentlessness on the glass. That she emerges from these scrums w the ball is incredible, It sure ain't pretty tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: madtownvol
Dear God. Saint Angel. And next she'll cure cancer and deliver a puppy, a coke, and a smile to all children everywhere.
Nobody is a saint, but no reason to bring her up in that conversation. If you’re talking about Clark, why bring up Reese at all, especially if you’re going to be negative?

Disagree. Coach should only be focused on the game situation in that instance, and only longterm concern should be winning that game. That's what she owes the players. Making money, "growing the game", any future goals should not come at the expense of winning the game. Because winning and playing well is the ultimate game grower. Mercury needed a three. Fever needed their best perimeter defenders. End of story. CC will get her triple double eventually.

IMO what the media generally is is lazy, just like most of us. They are followers, not leaders. The incredible crowds at Iowa happened first, the media just latched on to it. Her fan appeal, though completely lost on me, is undeniable. But I still wouldn't throw a game because of it.
Agree on the media being followers, and they follow the money. Personally I avoid pregame, post game, news, etc...that's actually why I kind of like this board, I feel like this is an outlet to get some unfiltered views from different sides from some people who are genuinely interested and invested. Hard to find that in "the media."

Agree I would not throw a game for any reason. The coaches are all invested in maintaining their employment and I'd imagine are all fiercely competitive so the goal is of course to win.

What I saw that annoyed me was as soon as someone merely suggested that they may have been able to leave her in and win the game it's like Boom! People are all over it, can't choose stats over winning, and that's just not what I took from the comment. Someone suggested, and I agree, that they likely could have left her in and still won. Not that they should have or needed to etc, and certainly not that they should have lost the game over it, but they COULD have done both, it wasn't an either or situation.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
In one sentence...the marquee player who is (an I'm not even a "Clark-ette") bringing in tons of fans to a sport badly in need of fans...Is about to do something DT, Candace, Leslie, etc,,,never did....First rookie to record a triple double...

You let her make a possible un-equaled historic record.

One win'loss versus a historic occasion.
Yes, you simply can't understand
No I can't and there are only 2 people in the world complaining about this game ending situation.

VolBall and you. Kellie got crucified for not coaching game situations well. With 33 seconds to go, this was the perfect time for offensive and defensive subbing patterns. It just so happened that the game unfolded in a way where the Fever never got out of the defensive set.

Clark is not a great defender and had she stayed in the game, Copper would have taken her to school going to the rim, probably for an and 1. But, the Fever coach did the right thing and secured a win for a team that still has a play-off shot. Caitlin Clark in the playoffs is a bigger deal than a triple double, which she will probably get sometime this season.

By the way, Clark had 8 rebounds at the end of the 3rd quarter. Thus, she all but 33 seconds of the 4th quarter to grab 2 more. IN fact, one of her teammates took one away from her, as both were going the rebound. Does that teammate hate Caitlin Clark or was it that they were focused on winning and not worrying about stats.

In a team game, if a coach were to sacrifice team goals for an individual belt notch, you lose the respect of everyone else and set the stage for an everybody for themselves mindset.

Yeah, you are a great coach dude.

The Storm rolls on, blowing away the hapless Dallas Wings. Jordy had 8 pts, 4 rebs, 2 steals, 2 assists in 25 mins. Mercedes had a good game, 7 pts, 5 rebs, a steal and an assist in 19 mins. Storm is now 13-6 and in 4th place in the league. Very good first half of the season for them.

Sparks play the Mystics in LA tonight (10 p.m. league pass and ESPN 3). Their best chance for a win in a while.

Also Lynx at Liberty tonight, Sky in Atlanta, and Fever vs Aces in Vegas.

View attachment 655836
Typical play by play for Reese. Oof
It's been stipulated a thousand times and is obvious: with AR it's never going to be pretty, never smooth, never not awkward. But it is going to be effective. Some people appreciate the relentlessness and perseverance, without which AR's game wouldn't have gotten her past high school. It's a pretty remarkable success story.

It does make her margin for error paper thin; if that relentless mindset ever waivers, like it did big time last summer during Americup, she's way out of her depth. It's what some fans find the most interesting about her.

The Storm rolls on, blowing away the hapless Dallas Wings. Jordy had 8 pts, 4 rebs, 2 steals, 2 assists in 25 mins. Mercedes had a good game, 7 pts, 5 rebs, a steal and an assist in 19 mins. Storm is now 13-6 and in 4th place in the league. Very good first half of the season for them.

Sparks play the Mystics in LA tonight (10 p.m. league pass and ESPN 3). Their best chance for a win in a while.

Also Lynx at Liberty tonight, Sky in Atlanta, and Fever vs Aces in Vegas.
Possibly my fav team to watch this year. They're do dynamic, and Jordy having a great season doesn't hurt. Will tune in for the Sparks tonight, though that's always a less fun watch.

Possibly my fav team to watch this year. They're do dynamic, and Jordy having a great season doesn't hurt. Will tune in for the Sparks tonight, though that's always a less fun watch.
I’m enjoying the storm much more the last couple weeks as well. They have gone away from the 3 ball some and gone back to just running good offense.

Beginning of the season they were trying to run 5 out and beat teams from 3 all the time. Now they are very much taking it to the rim. Not sure if that was early season strategy to throw teams off or just good coaching, watching film and realizing that wasn’t working.

I was a little frustrated watching them the first few weeks. It was just one contested 3 after another.

Beginning of the season they were trying to run 5 out and beat teams from 3 all the time. Now they are very much taking it to the rim. Not sure if that was early season strategy to throw teams off or just good coaching, watching film and realizing that wasn’t working.
I think it's blending and chemistry building with 3 big personalities and score first players in Loyd, Diggins, and Nneka. Credit to coaching, they've done that nicely in less than half the season. Also a great job bringing along their role players like Jordy and Mercedes.

Right now the Storm and Lynx are the most interesting challenge to the inevitable Liberty and Aces. Very exciting for our LVFLs.

It's been stipulated a thousand times and is obvious: with AR it's never going to be pretty, never smooth, never not awkward. But it is going to be effective. Some people appreciate the relentlessness and perseverance, without which AR's game wouldn't have gotten her past high school. It's a pretty remarkable success story.

It does make her margin for error paper thin; if that relentless mindset ever waivers, like it did big time last summer during Americup, she's way out of her depth. It's what some fans find the most interesting about her.
Reese was always going to succeed, if she never had to switch shooting hands she would be even better at this point, and was still the number 2 player in the country while playing with her off hand, show me another player in her class that would have made it this far. She’s been a Champion at every level and is a winner. Please so t u guys just talk about the players that were picked before her in the draft, no reason to talk about someone that went 7th and is the underdog.

VN Store

Back