2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Because they have white stars and a white coach.

70% of the people in this country are still white, there is nothing wrong with them identifying with people who look like them.

Turns out the same people who tune in for Clark, also like Becky Hammon, Kate Martin, Breanna Stewart, Sabrina Ionescu, Sloot and Brondello.
Aja Wilson wants a word. So does, Rickea Jackson, Kahleah Copper, Aliyah Boston, and Angel Reese --she cut a deal with Reese's pieces so I guess you are switching to "white" chocolate, right?

But congrats dude. Honesty is the best policy and I am glad you finally got the subtle racism expressed in your posts out there front and center. Now we all know.

Aja Wilson wants a word. So does, Rickea Jackson, Kahleah Copper, Aliyah Boston, and Angel Reese --she cut a deal with Reese's pieces so I guess you are switching to "white" chocolate, right?

But congrats dude. Honesty is the best policy and I am glad you finally got the subtle racism expressed in your posts out there front and center. Now we all know.

You’re a trip 😂

70% of the population isn't white. Please. Without looking pretty sure 13% is Hispanic and African American. Doubt the US population is 4% for the rest of everyone else.
As for me I haven't watched this much W ever. And I think the playoffs will be very exciting and won't be just the Aces and Liberty dominating. Atlanta is making a real push on the Sky, but I would love to see Carter, Reese, and Cordosa in the playoffs. Too bad they both can't make the playoffs. Howard, Charles, and Gray have been fun to watch as well since the Olympic Break. Even Dallas with a 40 point quarter and beating the Aces has been fun to watch.

70% of the population isn't white. Please. Without looking pretty sure 13% is Hispanic and African American. Doubt the US population is 4% for the rest of everyone else.
As for me I haven't watched this much W ever. And I think the playoffs will be very exciting and won't be just the Aces and Liberty dominating. Atlanta is making a real push on the Sky, but I would love to see Carter, Reese, and Cordosa in the playoffs. Too bad they both can't make the playoffs. Howard, Charles, and Gray have been fun to watch as well since the Olympic Break. Even Dallas with a 40 point quarter and beating the Aces has been fun to watch.

71% of the US identifies as white. That includes Hispanics, who indeed, broadly view themselves as white.

Implicit bias isn’t racist and it isn’t fixable either. People will always gravitate toward the familiar. Acknowledging that doesn’t make you racist.

How about Sheryl Swoopes? I wouldn’t call her take racist, it’s just her implicit bias for the familiar. Hateful? Yes. Racist? No.

71% of the US identifies as white. That includes Hispanics, who indeed, broadly view themselves as white.

Implicit bias isn’t racist and it isn’t fixable either. People will always gravitate toward the familiar. Acknowledging that doesn’t make you racist.

How about Sheryl Swoopes? I wouldn’t call her take racist, it’s just her implicit bias for the familiar. Hateful? Yes. Racist? No.
So you speak for all Hispanics? I only can go from my own experience. I have been in the food industry for almost 2 decades and have never once heard anyone Hispanic view themselves as white. Mind boggling to even read that, much less as a fact. I work with 7 Hispanics on a full time, sometimes 6 days a week basis. Should I ask them and report back?

So you speak for all Hispanics? I only can go from my own experience. I have been in the food industry for almost 2 decades and have never once heard anyone Hispanic view themselves as white. Mind boggling to even read that, much less as a fact. I work with 7 Hispanics on a full time, sometimes 6 days a week basis. Should I ask them and report back?
Relax.

It’s @VolBall09😉🤙🏼

Hablar con los ellos. Ya verás, lo prometes.

Yo hablo español. Es importante para mi trabajo, donde sirvo a una comunidad que es más del 40% latina. En su mayoría inmigrantes y trabajadores migrantes.

So racist I learned a second language to help people.
IMG_5562.jpeg… yer drawing me in…

The numbers, both attendance and tv ratings) sure don't look like interest in the W is fizzling.

The racial crap is so offensive, yet not surprising for who that poster has shown himself to be. So sickening and depressing.
Hopefully, Rickea can have another big game.

Aj'a Wilson put up 42 points in a loss to the Wings (who seem to be gaining steam as the season goes on).
The Liberty has been a very tough matchup for Rickea and the Sparks previously this year. And now they have Laney back, and it's likely Rickea will be guarded some by her "God sister", who is a tenious defender. We'll see how it goes.

The reason the Wings and the Mystic are gaining steam and the Sparks aren't is simple - injuries. The Wings now have Sably and Natasha Howard back and that's huge for them. Losing them for most of the season was like us not having Rickea and TK for so long last year. Similarly, the Mystic now have Austin and Sykes back and that's all the difference. Sykes IMO is one of the best players in the league and Sably definitely is.

OTOH, the Sparks never get anyone back, except Stevens who missed half the season. Not to excuse Curt, but I read that Sparks players have missed a total of 110 games this year, the next highest in the league is at 80 or so. Once they lost Julie Allamade for the season, they litereally had no W worthy guards. Unlike where college ball appears to be heading, the W is still heavily dependent of pg and post play, with several great wings as a bonus. When the Sparks were without a pg or center to start the season , then Brink went out, their fate was sealed.

Sorry!!! I have had that happen and I hate it but honestly, I was confused, it was another A'ja Wilson playing in an alternative universe so no I have no idea what happened tonight in this dimension's game.
Proving you can have the best player in the world and it's not enough. Once again, guard play, or lack of it, is the key. Grey is overweight and out of shape, Plum can't or won't defend and has let her attitude supercede her game, and Lord knows what's happened to my beloved Jackie Young.

IMO, Becky Hammond has done an awful job. She seems unable to get a handle on desire, urgency, and cohesiveness. Of course Sparks fans say the Aces are cursed bc of their treatment of Hamby.

Interesting convro around the MVP this year. Wilson clearly has the stats to show she's the Most Outstanding Player. But actually Most Valuable Player to her team IMO is Naphessa Collier, without whom the Lynx would never be the contenders they are. They have great pieces playing great and Reeve is a very good coach, but Phee is the glue that has made them more dangerous at this point than the Aces.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back