2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

She's gone a little cold. Is up to 4 assists tho. Has been all around outstanding. Man I want her to get another bucket or two.
She hasn’t gotten enough shot attempts in the 2nd half. So I don’t think she went cold, Dallas just made adjustments and didn’t let her get the same looks she got in the 1st. Curt needs to adjust.

Don’t even know what to say about LA. Seems like they are going for the tank. Playing 3 quarters and then packing it in.

I guess this is how you have a super entertaining game, a career day for your rookie, record scoring, and still tank. Lost 113-110.

So the Wings finally go up by 2 w under a min to go, You desperately need a bucket. AND HE TAKES RICKEA OUT.WTF??? Then put her back in only to have Kia Nurse completely look her off for the try at the final tying basket, and gave Hamby thee shot insteead. Rickea was 6-8 fm 3. Nurse is really, really bad about that.

Disappointing but great game for Rickea and Odyessy Sims. Interested to see what they have to say postgame. I'm back to thinking Curt is an idiot, which I don't think he really is, or the tank is on. Actually losing these last two almost guarantees a last place finish. Another WNBA GM tweeted that Curt was too obvious with his tank before this game. I just hope Rickea continues to shine these last handful of games, and that Rae gets back on track.

Last edited:
I think they’ve gone full on tank. Too many signs.
They made major tank progress by losing to the Mystics and Wings, the two team directly above them.

I haven't watche post game, but Twitter is abuzz bc Curt apperently said Rickea needs to learn to close out in the 4th qtr. You took her out on the biggest play of the game MFer!

So the Wings finally go up by 2 w under a min to go, You desperately need a bucket. AND HE TAKES RICKEA OUT.WTF??? Then put her back in only to have Kia Nurse completely look her off for the try at the final tying basket, and gave Hamby thee shot insteead. Rickea was 6-8 fm 3. Nurse is really, really bad about that.

I am suddenly remembering you (or someone, anyway) mentioning earlier in the season that Nurse looked like she was avoiding passing to Kia. What do you think is going on there? Hope it's not petty jealousy.

They made major tank progress by losing to the Mystics and Wings, the two team directly above them.

I haven't watche post game, but Twitter is abuzz bc Curt apperently said Rickea needs to learn to close out in the 4th qtr. You took her out on the biggest play of the game MFer!
I know he didn’t he full of it!!!!!…swoopes was swooning over kea the whole game even talking about how she should’ve been getting min from the jump

The first half of this is for Dark Phoenix. Why doesn’t she promote herself more?

Note the post game calf bandage. Bad memories. Just a few more games to go.

She has been coming out of her shell since she’s been drafted, I do notice that now she posts more and on live. But I’m glad she does things at her own pace. With performances like today she’ll be a household name in no time.

Please, for the love of God and all that SHOULD BE sacred to all true Lady Vol fans, PLEASE strongly consider resisting the temptation to share here whatever painful LV-related post you've found elsewhere. I am begging you to reconsider whether sharing it again would be helpful or harmful.

FYI: In my ancient-one experience, it's best to assume you are not as informed as you think you are so you really need to shut your pie hole. 😅

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Please, for the love of God and all that SHOULD BE sacred to all true Lady Vol fans, PLEASE strongly consider resisting the temptation to share here whatever painful LV-related post you've found elsewhere. I am begging you to reconsider whether sharing it again would be helpful or harmful.

FYI: In my ancient-one experience, it's best to assume you are not as informed as you think you are so you really need to shut your pie hole. 😅
Too soon? It's a funny comparison of two similar end-game plays, and I'm by no means one to go on and on about Harper's tenure here. But consider my uninformed pie hole shut lol.

I know he didn’t he full of it!!!!!
Yeah he did say it. He took a little blame, saying they have to find ways to get the ball in her hands more late in the game. But mostly blamed RJ's fall off in point production to her not adjusting to stepped up Ds and also late game fatigue. Said he's going to continue to play her big mins (a little late to this, but ok) so she'll have to play thru.

He's been on her to find other ways to contribute when the scoring slacks off, and she really did that this game w 4 asst, 2 steals and 3 blocks.

Far be it fm me to complain about her extended mins, but he needs to learn to rest her better, something KJH was an expert at. Lately he's playing her the whole first qtr, taking her out early in the 2nd for about half that qtr, then playing her rest of game without rest. Harper spread small rests throughout the game, pulling her shortly before media time outs, qtr breaks, etc to give her several short rests instead of one extended one.

First question Curt was asked was why he took her out w 7 secs left and behind by 2, Said bc they had decided to run the play for Talbot in the lane ( inexplicable against one of the leagues biggest posts) and wanted Nurse, not Rickea, to inbound the ball to her. Added, rather defensively, that he did put her back in and ran the last play for her, but said Dallas "took that away." Actually, Kia Nurse took it away.

I am suddenly remembering you (or someone, anyway) mentioning earlier in the season that Nurse looked like she was avoiding passing to Kia. What do you think is going on there? Hope it's not petty jealousy.
Appears to be petty jealousy. Nurse, Lexie Brown and Clarendon have been the worse about this. All are mid at best, older players very unlikely to return to the team. Brown and Clarendon are already pretty much gone. Next year this will be Cam and RIckea's team, with Hamby, Stevens and a new PG in strong support.
She has been coming out of her shell since she’s been drafted, I do notice that now she posts more and on live. But I’m glad she does things at her own pace. With performances like today she’ll be a household name in no time.
Or she'll be Naphessa Collier and be the best (and coolest) player you never heard of and who doesn't care about that one bit.

Last edited:
Huge game tonight btw the Fever and suddenly surging Atlanta Dream. A Dream win puts them ahead of the Sky in the battle for the last playoff spot.

Also Jordy's Storm plays the Mystics in the late game.

Yeah he did say it. He took a little blame, saying they have to find ways to get the ball in her hands more late in the game. But mostly blamed RJ's fall off in point production to her not adjusting to stepped up Ds and also late game fatigue. Said he's going to continue to play her big mins (a little late to this, but ok) so she'll have to play thru.

He's been on her to find other ways to contribute when the scoring slacks off, and she really did that this game w 4 asst, 2 steals and 3 blocks.

Far be it fm me to complain about her extended mins, but he needs to learn to rest her better, something KJH was an expert at. Lately he's playing her the whole first qtr, taking her out early in the 2nd for about half that qtr, then playing her rest of game without rest. Harper spread small rests throughout the game, pulling her shortly before media time outs, qtr breaks, etc to give her several short rests instead of one extended one.

First question Curt was asked was why he took her out w 7 secs left and behind by 2, Said bc they had decided to run the play for Talbot in the lane ( inexplicable against one of the leagues biggest posts) and wanted Nurse, not Rickea, to inbound the ball to her. Added, rather defensively, that he did put her back in and ran the last play for her, but said Dallas "took that away." Actually, Kia Nurse took it away.

Appears to be petty jealousy. Nurse, Lexie Brown and Clarendon have been the worse about this. All are mid at best, older players very unlikely to return to the team. Brown and Clarendon are already pretty much gone. Next year this will be Cam and RIckea's team, with Hamby, Stevens and a new PG in strong support.

Or she'll be Naphessa Collier and be the best (and coolest) player you never heard of and who doesn't care about that one bit.
Yea they be icing out kea on plays sometimes been happening all season but at the same time if she goes rogue he’s gonna pull her but kea was playing D idk why he tryna use her as the blame like sir it’s your coaching…I saw kea and O’s face when he was talking just hope that locker room is ok

VN Store

Back