2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Yea they be icing out kea on plays sometimes been happening all season but at the same time if she goes rogue he’s gonna pull her but kea was playing D idk why he tryna use her as the blame like sir it’s your coaching…I saw kea and O’s face when he was talking just hope that locker room is ok
I think they're ok, or at least are pretending to be, enough to get through just the couple more weeks of the season. Rickea always speaks well of Curt and she really has come a long way this season. She said when drafted he reminded her of Vic and that she likes tough coaching. I don't think I understand tanking which I think has alot to do with all this. LOL he's developed her well while avoiding wins.

I wasn't familar w Sims but she really impressed me. Totally owned that she (again) made 2 cruicial t.o.s that pretty much cost them the game. If Curt was trying to blame Rickea, O took it right back on herself. Very mature and humble, and she had a great game otherwise in front of her hometown fans. Tough break for her.

Yea they be icing out kea on plays sometimes been happening all season but at the same time if she goes rogue he’s gonna pull her but kea was playing D idk why he tryna use her as the blame like sir it’s your coaching…I saw kea and O’s face when he was talking just hope that locker room is ok

That team needs an overhaul at the guard spot. For starters Nurse needs to go. Wouldn’t bother trying to bring Lexi Brown back either.

Nurse shouldn’t even be in the league. Just not a professional caliber player, never has been. She has had some success in Australia. She should go back to playing there.

Dangerfield? Why did they sign her again? These little bitty guards do not make an impact in the W. If you were going to sign a small guard at least pickup Fair or someone who can create from all three levels.

Sims should be kept, idk why she has such a hard time sticking. I’ve had dinner with her before and she’s quiet, kinda introverted. But the woman can play!

I think they're ok, or at least are pretending to be, enough to get through just the couple more weeks of the season. Rickea always speaks well of Curt and she really has come a long way this season. She said when drafted he reminded her of Vic and that she likes tough coaching. I don't think I understand tanking which I think has alot to do with all this. LOL he's developed her well while avoiding wins.

I wasn't familar w Sims but she really impressed me. Totally owned that she (again) made 2 cruicial t.o.s that pretty much cost them the game. If Curt was trying to blame Rickea, O took it right back on herself. Very mature and humble, and she had a great game otherwise in front of her hometown fans. Tough break for her.
Yea i remember her saying that and im happy she’s getting better but the tanking😭 if it’s like this and he’s still there for juju gets drafted😭

I like O but yea I called out those to she had but she took up for it she’s a good vet

That team needs an overhaul at the guard spot. For starters Nurse needs to go. Wouldn’t bother trying to bring Lexi Brown back either.

Nurse shouldn’t even be in the league. Just not a professional caliber player, never has been. She has had some success in Australia. She should go back to playing there.

Dangerfield? Why did they sign her again? These little bitty guards do not make an impact in the W. If you were going to sign a small guard at least pickup Fair or someone who can create from all three levels.

Sims should be kept, idk why she has such a hard time sticking. I’ve had dinner with her before and she’s quiet, kinda introverted. But the woman can play!
Clarendon&nurse can go I’m on fence on Lexie because she’s sick but she balled out at AU so idk but nurse should try the Canada team

They signed dangerfield because aari out but Zia is right there and dangerfield might not be on a roster next season

O can hoop idk why teams wont stick with her because soon as those 7 day contracts come out teams be tryna get her

Clarendon&nurse can go I’m on fence on Lexie because she’s sick but she balled out at AU so idk but nurse should try the Canada team

They signed dangerfield because aari out but Zia is right there and dangerfield might not be on a roster next season

O can hoop idk why teams wont stick with her because soon as those 7 day contracts come out teams be tryna get her

Yeah Clarendon needs to retire. Just doesn’t have the get up and go this season. Probably not getting it back at this point.

Brown just hasn’t played a full season in a minute, hard to put any eggs in that basket. Illness sucks for sure, but at some point you have to have healthy bodies over potential.

Reactions: ShortyMac10
Yeah Clarendon needs to retire. Just doesn’t have the get up and go this season. Probably not getting it back at this point.

Brown just hasn’t played a full season in a minute, hard to put any eggs in that basket. Illness sucks for sure, but at some point you have to have healthy bodies over potential.
Yea you right but they not making it any better already giving out extensions don’t know whose getting one next

Reactions: VolBall09
Interesting. But is this "taking ownership" in an incredibly passive aggresive way? Like, yeah I'm so brilliant that I should actually be doing better.

Sounds like he might be feeling some pressure. Hey, my team is doing crappy but let me remind you, I have done good before!!!!

Reactions: brittannica
Sounds like he might be feeling some pressure. Hey, my team is doing crappy but let me remind you, I have done good before!!!!
He was responding to a Twitter storm the last few days over his perceived treatment of RIckea. Taking her out w 7 secs left and running a play for Steph Talbot instead is roughly equivalent to the LVs taking her out and running a play for Karoline Striplin instead. Then completely threw her under the bus (or the tank in this case) w her sitting beside him by saying she needs to learn to step up and be that closer, when he and then Kia Nurse took away her chance to be a closer at the end of her best game.

His argument in general isn't without merit; we saw her fade late in games here a couple of times. Defenses are adjusting, Wings coach said they had to plan for her and then adjust again in game which she said is a huge compliment for a rookie. Also there's no doubt she's physically exhausted at this point, now playing 30+ mins a game. But the circumstances of this made his comments infuriating

BTW Curt shouted out LV fans last time he commented, saying he has two LVs for fans to get upset w him over and he knows how we are about our girls. But this one was a whole lot more than us, including Swoops and several other W notables.

He was responding to a Twitter storm the last few days over his perceived treatment of RIckea. Taking her out w 7 secs left and running a play for Steph Talbot instead is roughly equivalent to the LVs taking her out and running a play for Karoline Striplin instead. Then completely threw her under the bus (or the tank in this case) w her sitting beside him by saying she needs to learn to step up and be that closer, when he and then Kia Nurse took away her chance to be a closer at the end of her best game.

His argument in general isn't without merit; we saw her fade late in games here a couple of times. Defenses are adjusting, Wings coach said they had to plan for her and then adjust again in game which she said is a huge compliment for a rookie. Also there's no doubt she's physically exhausted at this point, now playing 30+ mins a game. But the circumstances of this made his comments infuriating

BTW Curt shouted out LV fans last time he commented, saying he has two LVs for fans to get upset w him over and he knows how we are about our girls. But this one was a whole lot more than us, including Swoops and several other W notables.

Curt gotta go and so do all the guards. They need a new coach, 5 new guards, a true center and they can MAYBE compete again.

Actually Yeru has game, he just never plays her either. Stays playing Hamby heavy minutes when she cannot create her own shot.

Rough night for the Storm last night, losing to the lowly Mystics. The Mystics are whole nother deal w Austin and Sykes back but Seatlle has looked bad since the break. Once again, none of their big 3 could hit the broad side of a barn. Also they were once again surly and *****ty in the postgame; Diggins is just a punchable, rude crybaby and Noelle Quinn is melting down ugly as her team fizzles out.

Unfortunately, as we feared, Gabby Williams' 25 mins were bad news for Jordy, she played just 18 mins, very low for her, had 6 pts and 3 rebs. Williams only scored 3 pts, but took the Swiss Army Knife role w 4 rebs, 4 assists, 3 steals. Storm plays again Wed night.

Rough night for the Storm last night, losing to the lowly Mystics. The Mystics are whole nother deal w Austin and Sykes back but Seatlle has looked bad since the break. Once again, none of their big 3 could hit the broad side of a barn. Also they were once again surly and *****ty in the postgame; Diggins is just a punchable, rude crybaby and Noelle Quinn is melting down ugly as her team fizzles out.

Unfortunately, as we feared, Gabby Williams' 25 mins were bad news for Jordy, she played just 18 mins, very low for her, had 6 pts and 3 rebs. Williams only scored 3 pts, but took the Swiss Army Knife role w 4 rebs, 4 assists, 3 steals. Storm plays again Wed night.

Yeah, I'm kinda embarrassed for Quinn that she can't keep her stuff together. At the beginning of the season it looked like Diggins was going to be a good addition, but at this point I can't help wondering if she might be causing some locker room issues.

Gotta admit, after starting the WNBA season excited and really enjoying it, now *I* have fizzled out. Hope I can care again once the playoffs start. Really, though, I'd rather just fast-forward to November and start watching Lady Vol basketball again. For THAT I'm excited!

Yeah, I'm kinda embarrassed for Quinn that she can't keep her stuff together. At the beginning of the season it looked like Diggins was going to be a good addition, but at this point I can't help wondering if she might be causing some locker room issues.

Gotta admit, after starting the WNBA season excited and really enjoying it, now *I* have fizzled out. Hope I can care again once the playoffs start. Really, though, I'd rather just fast-forward to November and start watching Lady Vol basketball again. For THAT I'm excited!

Lots of people fizzling, not just you. The W had a huge opportunity and they have allowed league veterans and classless coaches to run roughshod over it.

People do not want to watch that. The women’s game, in particular, is marketed toward families and children. Nobody wants to see a bunch of angry, spoiled, women cursing in every post game presser.

True that,,,he has had a ton of negative postings,,,blocked a bunch of people
1724766345568.png

Lots of people fizzling, not just you. The W had a huge opportunity and they have allowed league veterans and classless coaches to run roughshod over it.

People do not want to watch that. The women’s game, in particular, is marketed toward families and children. Nobody wants to see a bunch of angry, spoiled, women cursing in every post game presser.

Oh, that explains why WNBA TV ratings have continued to climb over the course of the season (including this weekends games) and attendance records are still being set post-Olympics.

Is it remotely possible that your opinion does not actually speak for the entirety of "the people"?

It’s marketed toward those that watch. Certainly has an edge though.
Just read that the biggest jump in the WNBA fan base has come from the 18-34 age group (and they are bringing big influx of new male fans).

This group is the tik tok generation and they don't faint at the sight of women who have opinions or trash talk.

Cherry picking a couple games doesn’t change the fact that numbers are regressing to the mean for pretty much all teams outside of Indiana, Las Vegas and NY. Chicago is hanging in there but gonna drop off if they don’t win some games, quick. Dubious about Sky numbers because they keep just reporting 9,025 which isn’t a sellout. Can’t be the same every game and there have been a lot of empty lower seats.

Making expansion not look like such a great plan. Truly think Candace Parker was on the money saying she didn’t understand adding more teams before expanding roster caps.

Oh, that explains why WNBA TV ratings have continued to climb over the course of the season (including this weekends games) and attendance records are still being set post-Olympics.

Is it remotely possible that your opinion does not actually speak for the entirety of "the people"?

I wonder how many fans watch the post game pressers?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Cherry picking a couple games doesn’t change the fact that numbers are regressing to the mean for pretty much all teams outside of Indiana, Las Vegas and NY. Chicago is hanging in there but gonna drop off if they don’t win some games, quick. Dubious about Sky numbers because they keep just reporting 9,025 which isn’t a sellout. Can’t be the same every game and there have been a lot of empty lower seats.

Making expansion not look like such a great plan. Truly think Candace Parker was on the money saying she didn’t understand adding more teams before expanding roster caps.
Not sure I trust the WNBA executive staff.

"Cherry picking" versus unsupported assertions about a regression. WNBA ratings and ticket sales have been trending up over the last 3 years, so regression to what mean?

Growth is always lumpy, not all franchises are getting the same bump as the Fever, Vegas, NY or the Sky. But since people supposedly hate women players who are not auditioning for "Father Knows Best," why aren't the fans walking away from those teams as well?

Reactions: glv98 and 1reVOLver
"Cherry picking" versus unsupported assertions about a regression. WNBA ratings and ticket sales have been trending up over the last 3 years, so regression to what mean?

Growth is always lumpy, not all franchises are getting the same bump as the Fever, Vegas, NY or the Sky. But since people supposedly hate women players who are not auditioning for "Father Knows Best," why aren't the fans walking away from those teams as well?

Because they have white stars and a white coach.

70% of the people in this country are still white, there is nothing wrong with them identifying with people who look like them.

Turns out the same people who tune in for Clark, also like Becky Hammon, Kate Martin, Breanna Stewart, Sabrina Ionescu, Sloot and Brondello.

VN Store

Back