2025 Recruiting

Sport
D1 Basketball (early period)
Initial signing: November 13, 2024
Final signing date: November 20, 2024

D1 Basketball (regular period)
Initial signing: April 16, 2025
Final signing date: May 21, 2025
These were the dates for NLI signings. NLI no longer exist. Will the new “vehicle” for intent use these same dates? That remains to be seen.

This girl is screaming new LADY Vol. She would be a good player for 1 year to help ease the twins into college ball.

• Was second in the SEC for scoring during the 2023-24 season

• Led Texas in three-pointers during the 2021-22 season

• Led the SEC in scoring for a vast majority of non-conference play and closed out as the second-highest scorer
  • Reached double figures in scoring for 29 of 30 games played (97%)
  • Recorded 20+ points in eight of 16 starts to begin the season
  • Posted a season-high and career-high 35 points in the second round of the SEC tournament vs Vanderbilt (March 7)
  • Led Florida in scoring with 570 points
  • Snagged the most steals on the roster with 81
  • Averaged 3.1 steals in SEC play
  • Totaled 73 assists for the season, Florida's second-best from the 2023-24 season
  • Went five for nine from three against Michigan (Dec. 20) for a season-high in made three-pointers
  • Reached a collegiate milestone of 1,000 career points with a career-high tying 27-point performance at Marshall on Dec. 2
  • Distributed a career-high nine assists at Marshall (Dec. 2)
2021-22, Junior Season (Texas)
  • Led the team in three-pointers made with 77
  • Ranked No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 16 nationally shooting at a 42.1 percent mark from behind the arc
  • Ranked second on the team and No. 4 in the league with 65 steals
  • Recorded a team best 22 double-digit scoring efforts to go along with four 20-plus point performances
  • Registered a career-high 27 points at Tennessee [Nov. 21]

Is it me or does Jaida Civil looks a little dissapointed in her official visit pics... She has not posted anything about Tennessee on her twitter or instagram. Maybe I'm reading too much into this I don't know.

Last edited:
Is it me or does Jaida Civil looks a little dissapointed in her official visit pics... She has not posted anything about Tennessee on her twitter or instagram. Maybe I'm reading too much into this I don't know.
She hasn’t posted any pics of her official visits. Her recruitment has been pretty lowkey as far as social media is concerned. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I know it's early..but was hoping to get at least one verbal..Kim pulled out all the stops....Sure she was hoping to get one as well.

Based on what, can it be indicated that Coach Kim expected a commitment? For all we know, she accomplished exactly what she wanted from the recruiting visit and weekend. To generate enthusiasm and bring attention to the LV WBB program. Those recruits posts yesterday alone gained more reactions and comments than any other official visit they have taken on social media. In addition, a successful head coach like Coach Caldwell would tell a recruit to take their time and be 100% sure that the decision to commit is solid. She did something that should’ve been done a long time ago and that is making visits to Tennessee fun and entertaining for the prospects. This was not for the fans and observers it was for high school athletes. She has the resources now so I certainly don’t think this “pulling out all the stops” was about getting a player to commit during or right after a visit. Most recruits nowadays do not commit during a visit. This is not only about Tennessee but their future. It’s best that they take their time. Mia and Mya Pauldo didn’t commit during their first visit.

Last edited:
Given the circumstances, any highly ranked recruit who would agree to hold her commitment until she sees this new iteration of Lady Vols basketball on the court, in competition, should be considered a "recruiting win" IMHO.

Such an agreement would also provide added inducement for the current roster to work and focus on having CKC's system presentation-ready by November. Their early performance against "easy" opponents would still be having a direct impact on the future of the program, long before conference play begins.

Given the circumstances, any highly ranked recruit who would agree to hold her commitment until she sees this new iteration of Lady Vols basketball on the court, in competition, should be considered a "recruiting win" IMHO.

Such an agreement would also provide added inducement for the current roster to work and focus on having CKC's system presentation-ready by November. Their early performance against "easy" opponents would still be having a direct impact on the future of the program, long before conference play begins.
On the other hand, if I am a top recruit being offered by the architect program of women's BB to re-establish its rightful spot....I would relish the challenge and opportunity

On the other hand, if I am a top recruit being offered by the architect program of women's BB to re-establish its rightful spot....I would relish the challenge and opportunity
Same hand; just different timing.

If a cautious parent advised to "never buy a pig in a poke" (no matter how compelling the mission) I wouldn't say that was unwise advice--especially with the official unwrapping coming so soon.

VN Store

Back