2025 Recruiting

Just before the life killing asteroid makes contact with Earth, LV fans will still be reliving that last 1.1 seconds.....

I will just say this. If the percentages had played out, people would be hailing Kellie as a genius for forcing a 6'6 post who never takes 3s into a "desperation" shot. But Cardoso beat the odds, banked it in and sports is the cruelest business ever.
I expect a mega dose of the 1.1 the first time we play SC again. Then hopefully w a whole new cast of characters it fades a bit. The pain never will.

It's interesting how much the botched 1.1 took the heat off poor Jasmine Powell. I'll never forget the feeling watching her walk down the court, up 2, our best ft shooter w 2 fts w 4 secs left. Everyone crying and hugging and jumping up and down saying "we did it!" over and over. Never in a million yrs imagined she'd miss both . . .

That said, I don't think SC goes undefeated this year. How healing it would be to be the team who did it.

Last edited:
What a TERRIBLE opening quarter by the football team. I hope the recruits have enjoyed every other part of the weekend.
And continues thru the second qtr. When a high powered offense has no power. Our offensive line couldn't block a flea, and now the D can't tackle.

Wouldn't be surprised if the boo birds come out in the second half if this continues.

I expect a mega dose of the 1.1 the first time we play SC again. Then hopefully w a whole new cast of characters it fades a bit. The pain never will.

It's interesting how much the botched 1.1 took the heat off poor Jasmine Powell. I'll never forget the feeling watching her walk down the court, up 2, our best ft shooter w 2 fts w 4 secs left. Everyone crying and hugging and jumping up and down saying "we did it!" over and over. Never in a million yrs imagined she'd miss both . . .

That said, I don't think SC goes undefeated this year. How healing it would be to be the team who did it.
They shouldn’t have gone undefeated last year, only the help of the refs and an injury helped them do that. Let’s hope the refs don’t carry them again.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I still think Kellie's final season would have ended on a higher note if Tamari Key had never gone through her health ordeal. In her last completely healthy playing she was performing extremely well and severely altering opponents' offenses. Then there were other injury setbacks, not the least of which was the string of games Rickea missed. And I can't remember now which season, but Horston's injury affected things dramatically, too.

I honestly can't lay ALL of the blame on the Harpers. There was bad luck, too.

And before anyone goes to the trouble of mentioning it, that last-second loss to South Carolina WAS all on Kellie. Lots of things could have happened in that moment, but we ended up going with the worst possible idea. Either that or the better idea wasn't properly communicated, which COULD have been avoided with a time out.

I will never get over that.

Some of that goes back to coaching though. The way these young ladies are training and preparing now I suspect we see fewer injuries. Their bodies are going to be used to going 100% all the time.

I’m not sure the last staff was pushing players as hard as they thought they were. Then when live game action hit injuries were more common.

TK issue aside of course, that was out of everyone’s control.

Reactions: dapeak and lvocd
What is a reasonable timeline for them to sign after this visit?
Knox said she plans to commit somewhere at the end of October or early November. I remember her visiting LSU, not sure if she's visited Texas or USC yet: No. 13 women's basketball recruit Grace Knox narrows list to 4 schools

Civil has 8 finalists and wants to visit them all before making a decision. According to this article from October 2, she should have already visited Miami, Ole Miss, Florida State, and Mississippi State before us, with Cincinnati (and maybe UCF) still to go. Sounds like playing time is really important to her (not surprised that she eliminated South Carolina in her last round of cuts): Top 15 senior Jaida Civil schedules official visits

Sounds like we were the final official visit for Prawl, who has already visited Kentucky, Baylor, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Florida, with apparently no official visits planned to her other finalists, South Carolina and UConn. This just says she hopes to commit before the early signing period on Nov. 13: 2025 five-star Deniya Prawl locks in official visits.

Knox said she plans to commit somewhere at the end of October or early November. I remember her visiting LSU, not sure if she's visited Texas or USC yet: No. 13 women's basketball recruit Grace Knox narrows list to 4 schools

Civil has 8 finalists and wants to visit them all before making a decision. According to this article from October 2, she should have already visited Miami, Ole Miss, Florida State, and Mississippi State before us, with Cincinnati (and maybe UCF) still to go. Sounds like playing time is really important to her (not surprised that she eliminated South Carolina in her last round of cuts): Top 15 senior Jaida Civil schedules official visits

Sounds like we were the final official visit for Prawl, who has already visited Kentucky, Baylor, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Florida, with apparently no official visits planned to her other finalists, South Carolina and UConn. This just says she hopes to commit before the early signing period on Nov. 13: 2025 five-star Deniya Prawl locks in official visits.
As always, @travis929 iz bringing it!

Thanks for this! Knox visited LSU, Texas and USC per her IG. TN was her last visit.

Sounds like playing time is really important to her (Civil) (not surprised that she eliminated South Carolina in her last round of cuts)
That could be either good or bad for us. If she wants to make sure she's in the rotation, we're good. If she wants 30 mins a game w long uninterrupted stretches (as many major players do) not so good for us.
Prawl, who has already visited Kentucky, Baylor, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Florida, with apparently no official visits planned to her other finalists, South Carolina and UConn
Not visiting So Car and UConn sounds like really good news for us. Still some tough competition but my dream recruit is one Dawn and Geno want but they want us more.

Is there a limit on the number of official visits a player can take anymore? If there still is then, unfortunately, it's logical to think every program Prawl spent her "official visits" on were the programs she'd be comparing with the two she already knew in her heart were her top choices: SC and CT. That's how I'd do it in their shoes and with a limit on officials. If I'd always dreamed of playing at a particular school or for a particular coach and knew a lot about them even without visiting, I might not want to waste a visit on a school I am already crazy about. I'd choose five or six more terrific programs and see if any of those could knock off either/both of my top schools.

And if someone outside my top 2 impresses me so much I'm now truly confused, THEN I would find a way to give the top schools a chance to win me back.

Is there a limit on the number of official visits a player can take anymore? If there still is then, unfortunately, it's logical to think every program Prawl spent her "official visits" on were the programs she'd be comparing with the two she already knew in her heart were her top choices: SC and CT. That's how I'd do it in their shoes and with a limit on officials. If I'd always dreamed of playing at a particular school or for a particular coach and knew a lot about them even without visiting, I might not want to waste a visit on a school I am already crazy about. I'd choose five or six more terrific programs and see if any of those could knock off either/both of my top schools.

And if someone outside my top 2 impresses me so much I'm now truly confused, THEN I would find a way to give the top schools a chance to win me back.
“In April 2023, NCAA members voted to allow prospects to take unlimited official visits to NCAA schools but limited them to one official visit per school, unless there is a head coaching change after an official visit, in which case prospects are able to complete a second official visit to the same school.“

Thank you. Exactly the response I was looking for.

VN Store

Back