2025 Recruiting

Yeah. Your point? She was recruiting. Whats the big deal with that? I'm referencing the fact people said she posted boom which is not the case.

This is the tweet in question from the LV recruiting page, which they posted twice. I never said they posted boom. Obviously I was wrong, but this, combined w the return trip to Spain which Sam made sure we knew about, seemed to strongly hint an upcoming boom to me. Yes it's in conjunction w the vid, which we had already seen. Seemed to be connecting the good vibe vid w imminent, like that weekend, recruiting news.

Went all the way to Spain twice, nothing to show. No big deal?

This is the tweet in question from the LV recruiting page, which they posted twice. I never said they posted boom. Obviously I was wrong, but this, combined w the return trip to Spain which Sam made sure we knew about, seemed to strongly hint an upcoming boom to me. Yes it's in conjunction w the vid, which we had already seen. Seemed to be connecting the good vibe vid w imminent, like that weekend, recruiting news.

I didn't take that post to be that at all. I took it to be that we are in on one of the top 2024s playing on Team USA who is deciding in the fall. How about let's be different and travel to see her in Spain to show our commitment and desire to land her.

I also took it to be hey while we are there, let's visit our post target as well who is deciding between us and another school and will likely be coming to visit us in August.

Some people you have to draw a picture...

Reactions: Darth_Vol
I didn't take that post to be that at all. I took it to be that we are in on one of the top 2024s playing on Team USA who is deciding in the fall. How about let's be different and travel to see her in Spain to show our commitment and desire to land her.

I also took it to be hey while we are there, let's visit our post target as well who is deciding between us and another school and will likely be coming to visit us in August.
There are only two players on the USA team for the 2024 class. Allie Ziebell, who has already committed to UConn, and Joyce Edwards. She would be a great get, as I think she was the best performer on the USA team. I have heard that she is leaning to SC, but not verified, so the LVOLs have a shot if your recruiter does her job.

Reactions: travis929
There are only two players on the USA team for the 2024 class. Allie Ziebell, who has already committed to UConn, and Joyce Edwards. She would be a great get, as I think she was the best performer on the USA team. I have heard that she is leaning to SC, but not verified, so the LVOLs have a shot if your recruiter does her job.
Yes it's Edwards we are recruiting on Team USA. I wouldn't say if our recruiter does her job because most believe she's going to SC since it's 30 minutes from her home, but Edwards may like us due to the focus on academics with our program. She's very into the academic side, and the Lady Vols are very big on academics and continuing the 100% graduation rate. This is not a dig at other programs--just stating that that is a very big part of being a Lady Vol.

I took it as a sign that the recruiters are putting in the work.

It's funny. No posts or tweets is interpreted as the staff isn't trying. Posting tweets about scouting trips are criticized unless a commitment is obtained.

As for "going all the way to Spain," my brother makes regular international trips, sometimes staying for weeks. I guess I don't see the travel as that big a deal.

I have heard that she is leaning to SC, but not verified, so the LVOLs have a shot if your recruiter does her job.

LVOLs recruiters have a poor track record of getting recruits SC is also after - which is why the gap isn't narrowing...

Last edited:
Yes it's Edwards we are recruiting on Team USA. I wouldn't say if our recruiter does her job because most believe she's going to SC since it's 30 minutes from her home, but Edwards may like us due to the focus on academics with our program. She's very into the academic side, and the Lady Vols are very big on academics and continuing the 100% graduation rate. This is not a dig at other programs--just stating that that is a very big part of being a Lady Vol.

The LVols are putting on a blitz out on the recruiting trail. Everything is headed in the right direction.

I took it as a sign that the recruiters are putting in the work.

It's funny. No posts or tweets is interpreted as the staff isn't trying. Posting tweets about scouting trips are criticized unless a commitment is obtained.

As for "going all the way to Spain," my brother makes regular international trips, sometimes staying for weeks. I guess I don't see the travel as that big a deal.
Geno was asked about going all the way to Spain and Portugal for recruiting. He said, what's the big deal. It takes 6 hours to get to Spain, and 6 hours to get to Cailfornia. So, what's the difference.

VN Store

Back