2025 Recruiting

The non-visible part of NIL is where the problem lies. If this is all set up to run through private organizations there will undoubtedly be cheating. The NCAA completely screwed this up. Sunlight is the best disinfectant and we are all in the dark.

Yeah you are right, he wasn’t talking about NIL offers, just scholarship offers, but I get your point.
We're not even talking about posting offers. Majors moved that goalpost. The conversation was about when the LVs get posted by recruits as finalists. Which is often, way too often to get that close and never close the deal.
If this was 1999, and Pat lost players she normally get I’d side more with you. Being CKH couldn’t land the before, it’s not NIL.
I'd go along w that if not for the portal, where she recruits pretty darn well. And where NIL donors are more willing. HS = donors reluctant, success crappy. Portal = donors more willing, deals can be found, success much better.

It's hard not to put that two and two together.

We're not even talking about posting offers. Majors moved that goalpost. The conversation was about when the LVs get posted by recruits as finalists. Which is often, way too often to get that close and never close the deal.

I'd go along w that if not for the portal, where she recruits pretty darn well. And where NIL donors are more willing. HS = donors reluctant, success crappy. Portal = donors more willing, deals can be found, success much better.

It's hard not to put that two and two together.
Glv, you misread the intent of those previous posts, nobody is denying your points here however.

The non-visible part of NIL is where the problem lies. If this is all set up to run through private organizations there will undoubtedly be cheating. The NCAA completely screwed this up. Sunlight is the best disinfectant and we are all in the dark.

NIL was corrupted when it was allowed as part of recruiting. How exactly that happened, I don't know--but these notion that schools should engage in bribery contests for the top prospects is total nonsense and antithetical to basic purpose of college and college athletics. Getting into bidding wars for players when you don't even know if they'll be decent/college players is stupid--a fool's game and an outgrowth of how absurd and commercial and corrupt major-college football and basketball have become. One problem is that most of the major-college fans who are so caught up in winning college basketball and football games do not have college degrees and so have little concept of what college is or is supposed to be about. And turning high-school prospects and their families into money-grubbing, cynical mercenaries is also outrageous. There's also no appreciation among the activists who've been pushing for player pay for many years for the academic side of college sports or the value of a four-year scholarship and a free college education. They don't see any cash with a free college education--and they're always about free cash. And now it's just a huge can of worms. If we continue toward turning student-athletes into effective professionals and "employees," then the schools should yank their scholarships.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Same kids making the finalist are posting every offer as if they are all equal. And with the unlimited visits now in place, it’s a sit back and wait. If this was 1999, and Pat lost players she normally get I’d side more with you. Being CKH couldn’t land the before, it’s not NIL.
You can argue it all you want, blame Kellie if you want, but you will be wrong. The recruits LOVE Kellie, and that comes from connection within the department. It's NIL that is turning the kids away.

You can argue it all you want, blame Kellie if you want, but you will be wrong. The recruits LOVE Kellie, and that comes from connection within the department. It's NIL that is turning the kids away.
What was the reason the other 18 years prior to NIL that she was coaching? Nobody is saying she’s a bad person, just can’t recruit.

half her lv recruits have left since she has been here. marta, Salary, Justine.?

Fire Kellie NOW! End the misery!

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#4 Dee Alexander
Aubrey Beckham
#9 Divine Bourrage
#16 Nyla Brooks To Tennessee!
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#2 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#14 Madison Francis
#54 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#47 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#5 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#8 Leah Macy
#15 Brynn McGaughy
#43 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#19 Keeley Parks
#11 Deniya Prawl
#10 Emilee Skinner
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#21 Janiyah Williams To Oregon

What was the reason the other 18 years prior to NIL that she was coaching? Nobody is saying she’s a bad person, just can’t recruit.
I never said Kellie is a great recruiter. I'm not talking about what happened before she was at Tennessee. What I am saying is NIL is the reason Tennessee is falling behind in recruiting right now in the era of NIL. As someone who is a recruiter as a career (not sports), there are lots of moving parts that always impact that process and change strategy. The one motivating factor that never changes, however, is $$$. If you can't offer it and your competitor can, you lose out. That's where we are. I've had candidates tell me time after time that the $$$ was ultimately why they were not accepting my offer - even though they liked everything else about my employer better.

I never said Kellie is a great recruiter. I'm not talking about what happened before she was at Tennessee. What I am saying is NIL is the reason Tennessee is falling behind in recruiting right now in the era of NIL. As someone who is a recruiter as a career (not sports), there are lots of moving parts that always impact that process and change strategy. The one motivating factor that never changes, however, is $$$. If you can't offer it and your competitor can, you lose out. That's where we are. I've had candidates tell me time after time that the $$$ was ultimately why they were not accepting my offer - even though they liked everything else about my employer better.
She was a good recruiter at the mid major schools won league championships and went to the sweet sixteen in the NCAA once. The recruiting she done at those schools was to be expected and was elite for those leagues. NC State was her poorly recruited stop never got it going there. Here has been hit and miss great in the portal bad in high school.

Tennessee was behind before NIL, so again NIL is the spin excuse. You answered your own stance by saying we need money to fix leaderships failures. Get the leadership right the rest takes care of itself.

These kids aren’t paying bills, mortgages, groceries, childcare etc. Your scenario of being a recruiter isn’t the same here.

Reactions: olddog
We are behind in NIL funds and we have lost recruits because of it. Those are the facts. It won't matter who the coach is until we rectify that.

Sorry that it doesn't fit your trolling agenda.

Tennessee was behind before NIL, so again NIL is the spin excuse. You answered your own stance by saying we need money to fix leaderships failures. Get the leadership right the rest takes care of itself.

These kids aren’t paying bills, mortgages, groceries, childcare etc. Your scenario of being a recruiter isn’t the same here.

We are behind in NIL funds and we have lost recruits because of it. Those are the facts. It won't matter who the coach is until we rectify that.

Sorry that it doesn't fit your trolling agenda.
We are not a Top 25 program at this moment with the portal overhaul of RJ, Spears etc. They aren’t here for free, but you know that. Unfortunately for those like yourself who want to believe it’s because of NIL as opposed to place of blame at the leadership level. It softens to blow to the casual fan. Get the leadership right and the rest takes care of itself, which other programs have done. At this point Kellie in her coaching acumen should be able to overcome NIL obstacles on the court by her coaching. She has shown she can’t win with less.

So my agenda stands, Kellie is in over her head. Colorado,VT, Stanford and IU for example don’t seem to cry NIL, they play ball.

** It’s not trolling if it’s true. She wasn’t landing players needed before. But you knew that as well.

Reactions: olddog and mcannon1
Marta needed a new start when her mother died, Salary was dismissed and Pissott was a dud and from what I’ve heard, not a good teammate
Marta signed with Cal in May 2023, her mom passed away in August 2023. Had the dates been flipped that would be plausible.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
Marta signed with Cal in May 2023, her mom passed away in August 2023. Had the dates been flipped that would be plausible.
Marta and the program have said many times her transfer had nothing to do with her Mom's illness nor subsequent passing. If we're ever going to respect any effing thing and not use it to further agendas, can it please be that?

Also, anyone who says the transfers of Marta, Salary and Justine are "half" of KJH recruits or that their transfers are a blight on KJH is not worthy of an answer. Those transfers are among the most inconsequential things that have happened.

Marta and the program have said many times her transfer had nothing to do with her Mom's illness nor subsequent passing. If we're ever going to respect any effing thing and not use it to further agendas, can it please be that?

Also, anyone who says the transfers of Marta, Salary and Justine are "half" of KJH recruits or that their transfers are a blight on KJH is not worthy of an answer. Those transfers are among the most inconsequential things that have happened.
Agenda? Timelines aren’t agendas, just accuracy purpose.

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee

All three of those players have done virtually nothing so their transfers really didn't hurt the program at all. Marta had average year 11 ppg and 7 rebounds 30 percent from the three and 40 overall. I think she wanted to go where she could start and Cal offered her that opportunity. Salary has done nothing of any consequence and was booted from the program. Justine was looking to start as well she got it and did not produce starter stats. I'd say all three leaving help far more than they hurt.

All three of those players have done virtually nothing so their transfers really didn't hurt the program at all. Marta had average year 11 ppg and 7 rebounds 30 percent from the three and 40 overall. I think she wanted to go where she could start and Cal offered her that opportunity. Salary has done nothing of any consequence and was booted from the program. Justine was looking to start as well she got it and did not produce starter stats. I'd say all three leaving help far more than they hurt.
Recruiting them to begin with is what hurt. All three were just piss poor evaluations by our staff.

It's pretty clear now Justine was a mis-eval, not just by us but by all the services and then by Shea Ralph. Missed more on mindset than on talent potential. For us, I think Justine may be a consequence of getting a commit at such a young age. Wasn't she about 16 when she verbaled? So, so much can change, esp w mindset. Even with what your 15 yr old self thought was your "dream school".

So that's 3 misevals out of how many recruits over those years? IMO most of KJH recruits have turned out to be exactly who we thought they'd be, for better or worse. I think Sam is a pretty savvy evaluators. We've tried both "take the tweeners we can get" and "only take elites" and have a crazy, unbalanced roster to show for it.

Since it's highly unlikely KJH is going anywhere after this year, I wish the time, money and effort would be spent getting her some decent NIL I hear those saying lack of NIL is an excuse. So let's test that. Get her some money and some top recruits and if she still can't beat ranked teams, then we know she needs to be replaced. And solid NIL will be in place to help lure the next coach.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear now Justine was a mis-eval, not just by us but by all the services and then by Shea Ralph. F More on mindset than talent potential. For us, I think Justine may be a consequence of getting a commit at such a young age. Wasn't she about 16 when she verbaled? So, so much can change, esp w mindset. Even with what your 15 yr old self thought was your "dream school".

So that's 3 misevals out of how many recruits over those years? IMO most of KJH recruits have turned out to be exactly who we thought they'd be, for better or worse. I think Sam is a pretty savvy evaluators. We've tried both "take the tweeners we can get" and "only take elites" and have a crazy, unbalanced roster to show for it.

Since it's highly unlikely KJH is going anywhere after this year, I wish the time, money and effort would be spent getting her some decent NIL I hear those saying lack of NIL is an excuse. So let's test that. Get her some money and some top recruits and if she still can't beat ranked teams, then we know she needs to be replaced. And solid NIL will be in place to help lure the next coach.
They really could not evaluate her mental approach to the game and that is where she fails. I think another example of that is Wolfenbarger. When you are six foot five you have to be willing to take it inside and mix it up. You should be one of the best rebounders on the team. Standing out on the three point line just shooting four or five threes a game is not a player that is elite.

It's pretty clear now Justine was a mis-eval, not just by us but by all the services and then by Shea Ralph. Missed more on mindset than on talent potential. For us, I think Justine may be a consequence of getting a commit at such a young age. Wasn't she about 16 when she verbaled? So, so much can change, esp w mindset. Even with what your 15 yr old self thought was your "dream school".

Were going to need to go portal and get some post players and a point guard. I like the team if that happens next season. A lot of work to do for 2025, but need to get the work that needs to be done now. That means rebounding and scoring inside and someone about 25 percent better than Powell playing point guard.

I knew what Justine was when I watch her games, that’s why I never said anything when everyone thought we had some elite recruit. I knew she wouldn’t be good so I just stayed quiet on her.

VN Store

Back