2025 Recruiting

I'm going to be honest with you, I wouldn't be surprised if CKC only focused on transfer portal and JUCO players rather than high school recruits because I was scrolling through the ON3 website and mostly none of them have Tennessee as their top schools and plus, portal players and JUCO are more experienced and easier to teach in her system.

I'm going to be honest with you, I wouldn't be surprised if CKC only focused on transfer portal and JUCO players rather than high school recruits because I was scrolling through the ON3 website and mostly none of them have Tennessee as their top schools and plus, portal players and JUCO are more experienced and easier to teach in her system.
The new coach is free to repeat the old coach’s recruiting philosophy. At her own peril.

The groundwork for recruiting is years in the making, so it is doubtful our coach with no power 5 experience will lure recruits in before ever coaching a game at UT. I doubt that the portal is her main recruiting philosophy, but until she proves herself as a winning coach at this level (hopefully this year), she may have to settle for one more year of good transfers rather than top high school recruits. At least we already have a nucleus of good to very good younger players who hopefully return for the season after this one.

The groundwork for recruiting is years in the making, so it is doubtful our coach with no power 5 experience will lure recruits in before ever coaching a game at UT. I doubt that the portal is her main recruiting philosophy, but until she proves herself as a winning coach at this level (hopefully this year), she may have to settle for one more year of good transfers rather than top high school recruits. At least we already have a nucleus of good to very good younger players who hopefully return for the season after this one.
Even when she starts winning (which will be very soon) and beat the LSU's, the Connecticut's and the South Carolina's I wouldn't mind if she just deals with the Portal and JUCO and leave the high school level alone because you don't have to worry about if they can deal with the college experience (grades) and let's not talk about he NIL with with high school recruits oh my gosh... Remember the most important thing as to why White hired her is to turn Tennessee around quick... You can definitely do that with Transfers and JUCOs. Now this is just my opinion and I bet she will focus more on high school recruits once she starts winning.

Reactions: volcity
Even when she starts winning (which will be very soon) and beat the LSU's, the Connecticut's and the South Carolina's I wouldn't mind if she just deals with the Portal and JUCO and leave the high school level alone because you don't have to worry about if they can deal with the college experience (grades) and let's not talk about he NIL with with high school recruits oh my gosh... Remember the most important thing as to why White hired her is to turn Tennessee around quick... You can definitely do that with Transfers and JUCOs. Now this is just my opinion and I bet she will focus more on high school recruits once she starts winning.
No. You have to have high school recruits or this will be just like Kellie.

Is there anyway to separate the date into pre CKC offers and CkH offers?
If people want to make this about that, can someone also add every player who posted that she had been offered by Tennessee in the last 5 years and where each of them committed.

Last edited:
Exactly.
If people want to make this about that, can someone also add every player who posted that she had been offered by Tennessee in the last 5 years and where each of them committed.
It’s an inexact “science” to begin with as few of these offers are confirmed by the staff. @mcannon1 has been tracking them for years. It’s been somewhat of a potluck of figments of imagination based on the interwebz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.
what you have to consider is two things:

Sam laid the groundwork while at TN...so is #7 Zakiyah Johnson's potential commitment to TN or to Sam?

Coach Kim has no prior P5 experience, and that factors into a P5 potential recruit's decision as well
This is amazingly naive for anyone -- much less someone who portrays himself as an expert. It is also amazingly ignorant, childish, spiteful, and harmful to our LV basketball program to attempt to blame CKC in your same imbecilic post. Or for people to pretend shock or a sudden sense of catastrophe.

I have been following recruiting for a long time, but admit I am new to LV recruiting. Yet in 5 minutes, I was able to find out the following.

We offered Johnson the summer she finished 8th grade. Yet niether you nor anyone that I can find here has updated anything on her since. Instead you re-post her name in lists and act as if we are automatically the leader on account of a mere offer.

The summer before 8th grade (a year before we offered) ZaKiyah Johnson was playing in an AAU basketball tournament. Jeff Waltz offered her. By early March of 2023, Johnson had scholarship offers from nearly 40 NCAA Division I schools. There have been more offers since.

Donna Moir, Johnson's coach at Sacred Heart Academy in Louisville, told the Louisville newspaper in March, 2023, that she (Moir) fields college coaches on a daily basis, showing texts she received Monday from assistants at U of L and Maryland. Moir said the entire coaching staff from Arizona sat behind Sacred Heart’s bench during the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix just before Christmas, 2022. Were we among them?

Moir held several workouts for Johnson during the fall of 2022, with eight or nine coaches showing up for each. Were we there? Did she ever visit here? Don't see that you or anyone has posted it.

According to the newspaper:

"Her scholarship offers (as of March 2023) run the gamut, including from seven of the top 15 teams in the current Associated Press Top 25 — No. 1 South Carolina, No. 6 Maryland, No. 7 Connecticut, No. 9 LSU, No. 11 Notre Dame, No. 12 Ohio State and No. 14 Oklahoma.

"She has offers from schools that have won nine of the past 10 national championships — Connecticut (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), Baylor (2012, 2019), South Carolina (2017, 2022) and Notre Dame (2018).

"Johnson said some schools won’t offer until players enter their junior year and more academic transcripts are available. Moir noted some schools won’t extend offers until players make official visits to campus.

"College coaches weren't allowed to contact Johnson directly until June 15, 2023. But Johnson can reach out to coaches, as she did last summer when South Carolina coach Dawn Staley made a scholarship offer.

“'Being able to talk to her, I was shocked at first,' Johnson said. 'I was like, I’m really on the phone with one of the best coaches that’s ever done it. That did show me how good I’ve become, but I have a lot more work to do.'"

All of this before CKC was hired.

Getting tired of the people going off with no basis in the facts of the matter.

Last edited:
@mcannon1 I have a suggestion. On posts of tweets announcing offers, what if you typed the recruit's name and "Vols offer" in the line before the quoted link. That way, your announcement posts would be searchable by name. And "Vols offer" would separate our offers from other (non Vols) offers of general interest, which I see you also sometimes post. What do you think?

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#11 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#30 Aubrey Beckham
#5 Divine Bourrage not in top 6
#14 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#40 Jaida Civil
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#27 Madison Francis
#79 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
#63 Layla Hayes
#21 Taliyah Henderson
#35 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson not in her top 6
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#57 Destiny Lunan
#12 Leah Macy to ND
#17 Brynn McGaughy To Washington
#50 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#23 Keeley Parks
#13 Mia Pauldo
#49 Mya Pauldo
#15 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#31 Lara Somfai not in top 3
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#56 Janiyah Williams To Oregon
I like that you include where they committed. And whether we made a top-whatever. What order are you listing them in? Offer date? Might add LV or Tennessee before the word "offers" in the first line.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is amazingly naive for anyone -- much less someone who portrays himself as an expert. It is also amazingly ignorant, childish, spiteful, and harmful to our LV basketball program to attempt to blame CKC in your same imbecilic post. Or for people to pretend shock or a sudden sense of catastrophe.

I have been following recruiting for a long time, but admit I am new to LV recruiting. Yet in 5 minutes, I was able to find out the following.

We offered Johnson the summer she finished 8th grade. Yet niether you nor anyone that I can find here has updated anything on her since. Instead you re-post her name in lists and act as if we are automatically the leader on account of a mere offer.

The summer before 8th grade (a year before we offered) ZaKiyah Johnson was playing in an AAU basketball tournament. Jeff Waltz offered her. By early March of 2023, Johnson had scholarship offers from nearly 40 NCAA Division I schools. There have been more offers since.

Donna Moir, Johnson's coach at Sacred Heart Academy in Louisville, told the Louisville newspaper in March, 2023, that she (Moir) fields college coaches on a daily basis, showing texts she received Monday from assistants at U of L and Maryland. Moir said the entire coaching staff from Arizona sat behind Sacred Heart’s bench during the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix just before Christmas, 2022. Were we among them?

Moir held several workouts for Johnson during the fall of 2022, with eight or nine coaches showing up for each. Were we there? Did she ever visit here? Don't see that you or anyone has posted it.

According to the newspaper:

"Her scholarship offers (as of March 2023) run the gamut, including from seven of the top 15 teams in the current Associated Press Top 25 — No. 1 South Carolina, No. 6 Maryland, No. 7 Connecticut, No. 9 LSU, No. 11 Notre Dame, No. 12 Ohio State and No. 14 Oklahoma.

"She has offers from schools that have won nine of the past 10 national championships — Connecticut (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), Baylor (2012, 2019), South Carolina (2017, 2022) and Notre Dame (2018).

"Johnson said some schools won’t offer until players enter their junior year and more academic transcripts are available. Moir noted some schools won’t extend offers until players make official visits to campus.

"College coaches weren't allowed to contact Johnson directly until June 15, 2023. But Johnson can reach out to coaches, as she did last summer when South Carolina coach Dawn Staley made a scholarship offer.

“'Being able to talk to her, I was shocked at first,' Johnson said. 'I was like, I’m really on the phone with one of the best coaches that’s ever done it. That did show me how good I’ve become, but I have a lot more work to do.'"

All of this before CKC was hired.

Getting tired of the people going off with no basis in the facts of the matter.
I know the work Coach Sam put into this recruit as she and I have communicated on this subject

I am NOT undermining anyone.
I am also not going to give Kim,,the 2nd coming of Pat Summitt

My mind will be made up when I see more HS recruits than I see portal players,,,as THAT IS the recipe for dynasties! And until I see top 50 recruits populating TN's lineup,,,my stance will not change

Alphabetical by last name… why?
No clue.
how about by rank?
red= either committed elsewhere or not in their top group

#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#9 Emilee Skinner
#12 Leah Macy to Notre Dame
#13 Mia Pauldo
#14 Nyla Brooks
#15 Deniya Prawl
#21 Taliyah Henderson
#23 Keeley Parks
#27 Madison Francis
#30 Aubrey Beckham
#35 Lauren Hurst
#40 Jaida Civil
#41 Holland Harris
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#49 Mya Pauldo
#57 Destiny Lunan
#63 Layla Hayes
#79 Lena Girardi
Alyssa Koerkenmeier

Last edited:
how about by rank?
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#9 Emilee Skinner
#12 Leah Macy to ND
#13 Mia Pauldo
#14 Nyla Brooks
#15 Deniya Prawl
#21 Taliyah Henderson
#23 Keeley Parks
#27 Madison Francis
#30 Aubrey Beckham
#35 Lauren Hurst
#40 Jaida Civil
#41 Holland Harris
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#49 Mya Pauldo
#57 Destiny Lunan
#63 Layla Hayes
#79 Lena Girardi
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
I just realized, it does make them easier to find. Also, they may be using multiple ranking services and just posting the highest per recruit.

I know the work Coach Sam put into this recruit as she and I have communicated on this subject

I am NOT undermining anyone.
I am also not going to give Kim,,the 2nd coming of Pat Summitt

My mind will be made up when I see more HS recruits than I see portal players,,,as THAT IS the recipe for dynasties! And until I see top 50 recruits populating TN's lineup,,,my stance will not change
You are undermining. You were posting in ignorance of the facts and implying that the recruit was Kim's to lose without knowing anything about recruitment. Cheap shot.

No one in the entire world is calling Kim the second coming of Pat Summitt. That's as dumb a "straw man" as I ever recall.

Everyone knows recruiting and the portal are crucial. That's like saying water is wet.

You are undermining. You were posting in ignorance of the facts and implying that the recruit was Kim's to lose without knowing anything about recruitment. Cheap shot.

No one in the entire world is calling Kim the second coming of Pat Summitt. That's as dumb a "straw man" as I ever recall.

Everyone knows recruiting and the portal are crucial. That's like saying water is wet.
water is wet?!?
wow

There is no evidence in your posts that you know the least thing about the work Coach Sam put in.

And, no, you absolutely have not communicated the least detail about what our team has done in this recruitment.

You're exaggerating your fake importance again.

I've read your posts. You made one empty statement -- lacking any detail at all -- that Sam "laid the groundwork" for Johnson. Later you repeated yourself -- also with no detail at all -- that she was "working on" Zakiyah Johnson. That's just hot air and posturing. Everybody already knew we had offered Johnson. And what you say amounts to no more than that.

I just gave more information about Johnson's recruitment in five minutes than you did in five years.

And your point was not to explain Johnson's recruitment or provide the board with any information at all about what Sam had done or how we stood with Johnson. We know that because you didn't do it. It was to criticize our coach and to tell her what to do. We know that because you did it.

Kim doesn't need you 'splaining stuff to her, bruh. And the LVs and their fans don't need you inventing fake reasons they should turn on their coach. You're a joke.

Last edited:
There is no evidence in your posts that you know the least thing about the work Coach Sam put in.

And, no, you absolutely have not communicated the least detail about what our team has done in this recruitment.

You're exaggerating your fake importance again.

I've read your posts. You made one empty statement -- lacking any detail at all -- that Sam "laid the groundwork" for Johnson. Later you repeated yourself -- also with no detail at all -- that "she was working on Zakiyah Johnson." That's just hot air and posturing. Everybody already knew we had offered Johnson. And what you say amounts to no more than that.

I just gave more information about Johnson's recruitment in five minutes than you did in five years.

And your point was not to explain Johnson's recruitment or give any information at all about what Sam had done. It was to criticize our coach and to tell her what to do.

Kim doesn't need you mansplaining stuff to her, bruh. You're a joke.
….deep breathe 🧘‍♂️

This thread has a tendency to piss me off, too. Can’t imagine anyone granting patience and waiting to evaluate results.

….deep breathe 🧘‍♂️

This thread has a tendency to piss me off, too. Can’t imagine anyone granting patience and waiting to evaluate results.
I am correct, my man. Reread my post. I am correct.

I think someone should stand up to his false and destructive innuendoes, his negative attitude about our team, the complete lack of substance in the posts he is bragging about, and his obvious lies about his posts and their merit. They are vapid.

So I did it myself. I'm completely relaxed.

Last edited:

I think someone should stand up to his false and destructive innuendoes, his negative attitude about our team, the complete lack of substance in the posts he is bragging about, and his obvious lies about his posts and their merit. They are vapid.

You have missed many earlier attempts by others to point out similar issues.
I myself made an excellent literary parallel that the moderator exnayed 😳
I just block him now. It makes the board more enjoyable. If he is being critical of CKC now it is probably because the new coaches told him to never contact any of our recruits again. Same ol’ same ‘ol.

Wow,,
Vent much?
Feel better...breathe,,,"Orange" you glad you got all of that off of your chest" (pun intended)

By the way,,just because you shouted or hard-posted doesn't mean you're right about anything...it just means you have pent up issues with me...You don't know who or how many people I know from this or any other site,,,CHILL! take your Zanax

You don't know me, dude....I reach much further than just this site

Last edited:

VN Store

Back