2025 Recruiting

You have missed many earlier attempts by others to point out similar issues.
I myself made an excellent literary parallel that the moderator exnayed 😳
I just block him now. It makes the board more enjoyable. If he is being critical of CKC now it is probably because the new coaches told him to never contact any of our recruits again. Same ol’ same ‘ol.
Thanks. And thank goodness. And thanks too for being so gracious.

I apologize for being behind on what everyone already knew. 😂 Sorry I missed your literary parallel, too. I bet it was good. No reason to reprise it, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo
You have missed many earlier attempts by others to point out similar issues.
I myself made an excellent literary parallel that the moderator exnayed 😳
I just block him now. It makes the board more enjoyable. If he is being critical of CKC now it is probably because the new coaches told him to never contact any of our recruits again. Same ol’ same ‘ol.
So you know who I DM with Lu?
The moderator you speak of will not let me post from my own other soc-media account, so I can't prove your full of doo.

You know less about me than this person.
But console him if you feel the urge...bc, I don't

now,,can we get back to the subject of this thread!!!!!
the attack Coach Jumper thread is moved to Pot Pourri

I think we have great opportunity to get Hurst and Henderson. No read on Nyla anymore still no news is good news. According to On3 those Pauldo twins have shifted to Texas Tech?

I would be happy with a class of Henderson, Hurst, and Brooks in a coaches first high school class. Tough to sway many of these players that have been recruited for years by coaches that have been in place for years.

Coach Jumper knows what he's talking about here. I've discussed this with Coach Sam as well. In addition to the two that had publicly committed, they had several others ready to commit but were waiting on the Vol Club...then the hammer dropped and they all scattered...one of the reasons I was sick to my stomach when they were let go.

There is no evidence in your posts that you know the least thing about the work Coach Sam put in.

And, no, you absolutely have not communicated the least detail about what our team has done in this recruitment.

You're exaggerating your fake importance again.

I've read your posts. You made one empty statement -- lacking any detail at all -- that Sam "laid the groundwork" for Johnson. Later you repeated yourself -- also with no detail at all -- that she was "working on" Zakiyah Johnson. That's just hot air and posturing. Everybody already knew we had offered Johnson. And what you say amounts to no more than that.

I just gave more information about Johnson's recruitment in five minutes than you did in five years.

And your point was not to explain Johnson's recruitment or provide the board with any information at all about what Sam had done or how we stood with Johnson. We know that because you didn't do it. It was to criticize our coach and to tell her what to do. We know that because you did it.

Kim doesn't need you 'splaining stuff to her, bruh. And the LVs and their fans don't need you inventing fake reasons they should turn on their coach. You're a joke.

Reactions: ReignSupreme
Coach Jumper knows what he's talking about here. I've discussed this with Coach Sam as well. In addition to the two that had publicly committed, they had several others ready to commit but were waiting on the Vol Club...then the hammer dropped and they all scattered...one of the reasons I was sick to my stomach when they were let go.
You're not even a Lady Vol fan. Yeah, you are biased. And consumed with trying to be a big shot. LV had their own NIL at the time. Several others! You had a verbal with the one well more than a year until signing day, and sharks everywhere. You are not a big shot or you would love the program too much to repudiate and backstab it. What about your ACTUAL recruiting results for 5 years. Not your IMAGINARY "woulda coulda" future results. Go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jjohns14
Quit drawing even more attention to the fact that you personally failed the program. You and Cerch Jumpy. You two were the absolute keys to recruiting and you failed our coach and program and school and state and fans. What happened is all the fault of you two. The big shots who let us all down. Have it your way.

Yep, more of those big fish stories from Sam.

“Had em’ on the line!” “Lost em’ at the boat.” “Nope couldn’t get a picture, phone was dead.”’

Like many on here, you have no clue...here's a post from the Summitt, where several of the posters do know what's going/went on... "Those players who were committing were committing to the previous staff, and I dont think we reoffered all that were likely coming. Harris, johnson, brooks and Beckham were all headed here most likely. I think we only reoffered two of them, but they don't know Kim unfortunately."

“Had em’ on the line!” “Lost em’ at the boat.” “Nope couldn’t get a picture, phone was dead.”’

Reactions: ReignSupreme
Like many on here, you have no clue...here's a post from the Summitt, where several of the posters do know what's going/went on... "Those players who were committing were committing to the previous staff, and I dont think we reoffered all that were likely coming. Harris, johnson, brooks and Beckham were all headed here most likely. I think we only reoffered two of them, but they don't know Kim unfortunately."

The Summitt?

You have to be joking.

Step off the ledge Earl.

The Summitt?

You have to be joking.

Step off the ledge Earl.
We had We had but we never got and just to many seasons for those former coaches without recruiting any players. Since the new staff has already gotten Spearman, Whitehorn, Latham, and Spencer of which three are two year or more players I see results not promises or they were coming if only. People that choose not to move forward don't need to keep trying to insult the ones who are moving forward and are delighted to do so.
I will always respect and love Kellie for all she did and tried to do for Lady Vols basketball. The truth is she got the time as coach to turn it around. Five seasons you have to do more than was done. Up to Kim to get it done in the same amount of time or less. If not I can see us trying someone new. Best roster we've had in years now we'll see if this coaching staff is up to the challenge of producing the results expected.

We had We had but we never got and just to many seasons for those former coaches without recruiting any players. Since the new staff has already gotten Spearman, Whitehorn, Latham, and Spencer of which three are two year or more players I see results not promises or they were coming if only. People that choose not to move forward don't need to keep trying to insult the ones who are moving forward and are delighted to do so.
I will always respect and love Kellie for all she did and tried to do for Lady Vols basketball. The truth is she got the time as coach to turn it around. Five seasons you have to do more than was done. Up to Kim to get it done in the same amount of time or less. If not I can see us trying someone new. Best roster we've had in years now we'll see if this coaching staff is up to the challenge of producing the results expected.

Great post, this is the meat of it.

It rings a little hollow when you had five years to make it work… If you weren’t being supported by the program… they wouldn’t have had to fire me…. I would have left.

Reactions: VolBall09

Voice of reason

I'm not downing Kim or the roster,,,in fact I agree, it is the best roster (not counting the rickea/horston Rae/Horston combos) in years. Kellie should have done MUCH better with two such combinations but she was indeed over her head and had ample time to prove her system was the next good system...In college after 5 seasons it is fully your team and after 1 season it is fully your staff.

You posters keep putting me as one wanting Kim to fail,,,WRONG!
I want nothing but success for TN.
But I don't blame players and I don't blame orgs,,,I put all the responsibility on the coaches to get the job done,,,I am a coach and I know what it takes to be an elite coach...nuff said

And if/when we get some top HS recruits to build a foundation off of, I will back off of the immediate flaw I see in this staff. Right now they have NO! reputation (good or bad) bc this is HER first year recruiting top tier recruits. . . That said, Kim is building her rep right now. Recruits aren't waiting to see results before they commit. I was in daily convos with several top tier recruits from 2025 who was wondering why they weren't getting phone calls on a regular basis from TN. People can tell me how busy she/they were but I know it take a matter of minutes to make a phone call and it doesn't have t o happen during "business hours",,it can be at 9PM at night...they don't care they just want to feel their important enough for a coach to take some time out of their week to call them...Nyla told me that she was getting 2-3 calls a week from FLa St and severalother P5s,, yet went weeks between calls from TN,,,That will not get it for top tier recruits.

So yes, I am not impressed with this aspect of this staff right now,,,but all it take is a "boom" or two and I will fully step down from this soapbox

I'm not downing Kim or the roster,,,in fact I agree, it is the best roster (not counting the rickea/horston Rae/Horston combos) in years. Kellie should have done MUCH better with two such combinations but she was indeed over her head and had ample time to prove her system was the next good system...In college after 5 seasons it is fully your team and after 1 season it is fully your staff.

You posters keep putting me as one wanting Kim to fail,,,WRONG!
I want nothing but success for TN.
But I don't blame players and I don't blame orgs,,,I put all the responsibility on the coaches to get the job done,,,I am a coach and I know what it takes to be an elite coach...nuff said

And if/when we get some top HS recruits to build a foundation off of, I will back off of the immediate flaw I see in this staff. Right now they have NO! reputation (good or bad) bc this is HER first year recruiting top tier recruits. . . That said, Kim is building her rep right now. Recruits aren't waiting to see results before they commit. I was in daily convos with several top tier recruits from 2025 who was wondering why they weren't getting phone calls on a regular basis from TN. People can tell me how busy she/they were but I know it take a matter of minutes to make a phone call and it doesn't have t o happen during "business hours",,it can be at 9PM at night...they don't care they just want to feel their important enough for a coach to take some time out of their week to call them...Nyla told me that she was getting 2-3 calls a week from FLa St and severalother P5s,, yet went weeks between calls from TN,,,That will not get it for top tier recruits.

So yes, I am not impressed with this aspect of this staff right now,,,but all it take is a "boom" or two and I will fully step down from this soapbox
I'm not saying anyone is saying they want Kim to fail except the ones that say it openly. Time will tell us everything about recruiting. All that matters is results so that is what the staff will be totally judged on. Hopefully they have a plan that will bring great results. If not they will certainly get the same harsh treatment that the last staff suffered. Were watching and waiting about four months to first signing day.

I agree with all your points, except that I am pretty confident that CKC is going to be on a shorter timeline to prove it than 5 years.

I would agree she has less as well.
I agree with all your points, except that I am pretty confident that CKC is going to be on a shorter timeline to prove it than 5 years.
I still believe that Danny White set this up for a win-win with both success or failure

Kim does well,,,he looks brilliant
Kim does poorly,,,he has opened the door to both,,go outside of the Summitt tree and opened the door to pay out the bucks to get a top-tier coach
Brilliant

Reactions: madtownvol
The same top-tier coach he got this time?
no,,,by saying he is willing to pay Kim top pay for a women's bb coach for a Natty,
he has opened the door to do the same for a potential next high-profile target

And just think about it...if a recent top 5 coach (Dawn, Kim, Geno) came to TN,,they would have their recent success coupled with TN's reverence in the field of women's sports to get the top tier HS recruits

That is the key,,,look at each of their programs

They follow the same format,,,get 2-3 top 25 prospects a year and pepper in the best portal players by position necessity
I do understand that Kim has to do it backwards (Portal players to fill immediate needs),,,but I don't understand her not working harder for HS recruuits while doing so.

The two highest profile recruits I talk to both say the same thing,,,they didn't feel valued

Last edited:

VN Store

Back