2025 Recruiting

Justine was a 5 star. She was the only one (out of hs) though.
And we couldn't keep her, tho to be fair many came to believe she was over-ranked.

Trying to think of portal 5*s for Kellie - Rickea, and wasn't Coop a 5? Jill? She didn't have many, and couldn't capitalize when she actually had 2 at the same time.

This is big credit to the new staff, gives them something to hang their hat on. Hopefully, they just changed the narrative.

Was Justine a 5 star? I can't remember.

And I'll die on the hill that KJH deserves credit for re-recruiting Horston and for her painstaking development.
Justine was the highest ranked player KJH recruited out of high school. She was a five star and ranked 11th in her class.

So the current staff has already matched the best the previous staff did with high school recruits. This is a big get for giving us credibility with other highly ranked players --- which is something we sorely need. Other elite kids could do worse than come in and play with a high ranked point who can get them the ball.

And this has been accomplished early enough in Kim's tenure that she can build off it.

Justine was the highest ranked player KJH recruited out of high school. She was a five star and ranked 11th in her class.

So the current staff has already matched the best the previous staff did with high school recruits. This is a big get for giving us credibility with other highly ranked players --- which is something we sorely need. Other elite kids could do worse than come in and play with a high ranked point who can get them the ball.

And this has been accomplished early enough in Kim's tenure that she can build off it.
If I recall correctly, Justine was ranked high 20’s maybe in the 30’s and got a generous bump after she committed.

*disregard, she was 49 the day she committed 10/8/2020

If I recall correctly, Justine was ranked high 20’s maybe in the 30’s and got a generous bump after she committed.

*disregard, she was 49 the day she committed 10/8/2020
That original ranking appears to be a lot closer to correct since she hasn't played like a top 11 player at two different stops now. I bet there is a story there.

Now we just need Nyla Brooks to do the smart thing and just come on back to the fold. She would flourish as a Lady Vol For Life and so I am going to be incredibly sad for her if she passes up the opportunity to play at Tennessee. Seriously, I feel like shecwas born to be a Lady Vol and I hope she'll soon realize that and re-committ.

"...and the numbers just fit"

Isn't it amazing what you can do with competitive NIL funds?

If we didn’t have competitive NIL under the previous staff, but do now, guess what?

That’s the previous staff’s fault.

Seems like the new staff is just doing fine without you, and it kills you to know you don’t hold the power you thought you did.

I'm just curious why a self-proclaimed "FormerLadyVolFan" would continue to post on a forum for Lady Vol fans? If you're that unhappy with the changes that have been made, why continue to devote your time to it? Makes zero sense.

I disagree. What UT has for use are COLLECTIVE FUNDS. there May be lots of PERSONAL NIL funds for players through endorsements, etc.. But that depends on them and their agents. The school has access to only the collective funds.

I prefer the Dawn Staley method. She had $275,000 in NIL collective funds. (old numbers). She has 15 players (theoretically), so everybody got $25,000 in collective funds. Everybody is treated the same by the team. Of course, a Fulwiley is gonna get more through personal endorsements but the team treats everybody equally with collective money.

If you spend your $175,000 getting a number one player and you only spend $100,000 on the other 14 players ($7,143 each). Does that foster team spirit? What if that number one can't break your starting lineup the first year? The starters are probably not gonna care too much for the freshman money bags. Envy permeates your locker room in a TEAM sport.

Anyway, it works well for Dawn.

($25,000 plus food and lodging ain't bad. Aliyah Boston says she lived off that and banked all her moneys from personal endorsements for her future and, as she grumbled, paying income taxes.)

Life isn’t equal or equitable and never will be. In every situation in your adult life you will be treated and paid what you’re worth. That IS fair, if you work harder, are better and being more to the team, you should earn more.

These kids wanted to turn college hoops into a business, might as well be one.

And we couldn't keep her, tho to be fair many came to believe she was over-ranked.

Trying to think of portal 5*s for Kellie - Rickea, and wasn't Coop a 5? Jill? She didn't have many, and couldn't capitalize when she actually had 2 at the same time.

This is big credit to the new staff, gives them something to hang their hat on. Hopefully, they just changed the narrative.
She was WAY over-ranked.

Reactions: Jjohns14
Looks like habits are starting to change.

I'm just saying.
I know you were quoting Jumpy's dumb idea back to him. And telling him he was wrong as usual. But it was never a "habit." She has spoken about the difference in circumstances and how things would be different here and why. Jumpy would know that if he paid attention.

Imagine at the hiring interview she said "I don't believe in high school recruiting. Needs to get LOST. Not my habit." 😂 That's how stupid Jumpy's posts are, if you stop to think about them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back