2025 Recruiting

"...and the numbers just fit"

Isn't it amazing what you can do with competitive NIL funds?

I can't lie, I'm not super jazzed the tenor of the article highlighted how Tennessee was their choice mainly because of business reasons and how they can promote themselves here. But, who knows the actual nature of the conversation and if this was really a snippet of a deeper conversation the author failed to convey. I'm all for the players getting paid. However, if this is the #1 factor, I'm a little leery.

That said, no doubt these ladies can play and it's good to get some high profile players on board for the new coach.

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#11 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#30 Aubrey Beckham
#5 Divine Bourrage not in top 6
#14 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#40 Jaida Civil
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#27 Madison Francis
#79 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
#63 Layla Hayes
#21 Taliyah Henderson
#35 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson not in her top 6
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#57 Destiny Lunan
#12 Leah Macy to ND
#17 Brynn McGaughy To Washington
#50 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#23 Keeley Parks
#13 Mia Pauldo To Tennessee!
#49 Mya Pauldo To Tennessee!
#15 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#31 Lara Somfai not in top 3
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#56 Janiyah Williams To Oregon
I think that shortens our list a lot since we had a lot of point guards on there and that position is filled. If I had to determine which players on the list we have the best shot at going forward it would be Henderson, Hurst, and at one time Holland Harris was leaning Tennessee don't know how that is going and of course Nyla Brooks who hasn't said much about her recruiting lately.

I'd like to see us get Brooks she fits our system well and Henderson who is a stock riser that could be a true top ten player in the 2025 class. Hurst is more of a perimeter player even if she is 6'3" tall has a nice three point shot. We might go five in the class if everything falls right as expect we would take all three of these players.

Hays of Arkansas is a post player sure we'd like to have rated 63 but not many post players in the 2025 class. I really like the potential of Koerkenmeier 6'5" who is also associated with volley and is really good in that sport so don't know which she will decide to play.

Now we just need Nyla Brooks to do the smart thing and just come on back to the fold. She would flourish as a Lady Vol For Life and so I am going to be incredibly sad for her if she passes up the opportunity to play at Tennessee. Seriously, I feel like shecwas born to be a Lady Vol and I hope she'll soon realize that and re-committ.
Working on it

I know you were quoting Jumpy's dumb idea back to him. And telling him he was wrong as usual. But it was never a "habit." She has spoken about the difference in circumstances and how things would be different here and why. Jumpy would know that if he paid attention.

Imagine at the hiring interview she said "I don't believe in high school recruiting. Needs to get LOST. Not my habit." 😂 That's how stupid Jumpy's posts are, if you stop to think about them.
Speaking of stupid it's spelled Jumper,.. Orangutan

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
I can't lie, I'm not super jazzed the tenor of the article highlighted how Tennessee was their choice mainly because of business reasons and how they can promote themselves here. But, who knows the actual nature of the conversation and if this was really a snippet of a deeper conversation the author failed to convey. I'm all for the players getting paid. However, if this is the #1 factor, I'm a little leery.

That said, no doubt these ladies can play and it's good to get some high profile players on board for the new coach.

That’s just Maria getting a jab in, par for the course.

It’s a cumulative decision. Money might be the biggest factor, but Coaches, teammates, facilities, campus culture, location, education and history all play a part in decisions.

Love Kim, she just hits as “real” and that lands with people, especially kids. Kids can smell a fake adult a mile away lol. Love what Kim said in her recent interview, something along the lines of “I don’t have swag, I’m not cool, but I’ll shoot ya straight.”

Reminds me of a coach whose name our playing floor bears. Really hate to make those comparisons before we’ve played a game, but every interview makes me more and more interested. Down to earth, speaks from the heart and stands on what she says. Pat never did a lot of thinking before speaking either, she just let it fly, that’s one reason she has so many excellent attributable quotes.

Please tell me you aren't saying you're helping with Nyla to commit to UT. I do enjoy your post 95% of the time, but full stop if that's what youre saying. Madi went to Furman, Nyla is a legit 5 star. How would you be swaying Nyla to UT?
He needs to stay as far away as possible, but we all know that wont happen. :rolleyes:

Texas Tech, Penn State, and Illinios
I read these were the finalists, I wondered if any more highly ranked schools offered.

Actually, this looks very smart. A verified top 20 5* recruit, but without having to compete w Dawn, Geno, etc. Go for what's gettable and build up from there.

Someone up thread mentioned an injury. Which twin was out and what was the injury?

I read these were the finalists, I wondered if any more highly ranked schools offered.

Actually, this looks very smart. A verified top 20 5* recruit, but without having to compete w Dawn, Geno, etc. Go for what's gettable and build up from there.

Someone up thread mentioned an injury. Which twin was out and what was the injury?
Mya had a thumb injury last summer which is why her ranking is where it is at. This is going to be a super dynamic backcourt for the future. I think this is a great get for Kim and company and will bring some much needed attention for the program. These two have a huge platform and it will only continue to grow. Their up and coming brand plus the Lady Vols well established brand has the makings of being something special and much needed in the program.:cool:

Mya had a thumb injury last summer which is why her ranking is where it is at. This is going to be a super dynamic backcourt for the future. I think this is a great get for Kim and company and will bring some much needed attention for the program. These two have a huge platform and it will only continue to grow. Why not grow their brand on arguably the biggest stage in women's hoops? :cool:
Agree, this may be more important symbolically than substantively.

If we didn’t have competitive NIL under the previous staff, but do now, guess what?

That’s the previous staff’s fault.

Seems like the new staff is just doing fine without you, and it kills you to know you don’t hold the power you thought you did.
Looks like the butthurt for him is long lasting. Agree, if all you can do is take cheap shots at the coach and program, move on. I'm sure the LV program can survive without his $.

Speaking of stupid it's spelled Jumper,..
You really tried to instill fear in people that Caldwell would not recruit high school players. 😂

Which is worse? That you really believed something that preposterous? Or that you were dishonestly trying to undermine CKC?

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Please tell me you aren't saying you're helping with Nyla to commit to UT. I do enjoy your post 95% of the time, but full stop if that's what youre saying. Madi went to Furman, Nyla is a legit 5 star. How would you be swaying Nyla to UT?

Nyla and I (and just recently uncle Chauncey) have been communicating for a long time...Nyla since July 2023 (and our most recent convo was this morning,,,I will be seeing her at the roses tourney).

"Balls",,,this is not true just for Nyla but for many top tier recruits. I have been in AAU/exposure BB for over 30 years and BB overall for 43 years///Have sat with and discussed the game with Pat Summitt, and am followed by multiple SEC and other college coaches....No matter what YOU think of me,,I am valued by people that matter and will be until I am no longer in the game

You really tried to instill fear in people that Caldwell would not recruit high school players. 😂

Which is worse? That you really believed something that preposterous? Or that you were dishonestly trying to undermine CKC?
I also want that fear instilled in the coach herself...Having a bunch of "yes men" ruined both Holly and Kellie and if they had and just one person in their system who didn't bow to them and talked straight to them,,,they may still be here.

Kim's success will be this team's success so I want her to succeed. But I truly felt that she was being used as a way to a means by the AD and if that was true,,,I had to call out Danny and his subordinate in charge of LV BB, Allen Greene - Senior Deputy Athletics Director/Chief Operating Officer and I did so. They both heard from me. By sending them an email (which can become public record) with the "conspiracy theory" detailed in full,, I have ensured that DW and AG have to support this staff fully.

Orang,,I don't get you...You seem to be a fan (maybe moreso a bored football fan), yet your only purpose seems to be trying to argue with the most loyal of fans on this site,,,but if that is where you get your self-value and feeling of relevance by attacking posters who have been fans for years,,,it speaks more of your need for attention than mine

Nyla and I (and just recently uncle Chauncey) have been communicating for a long time...Nyla since July 2023 (and our most recent convo was this morning,,,I will be seeing her at the roses tourney).

I have ensured that DW and AG have to support this staff fully.
The cycle repeats and I try so hard to stay out of it bc we've done it so often over the years. But I have to say, it's apparent the new staff did not get all the warnings the last staff and parents had and I think it's time they are made aware. Because once again the delusions of gradeur and most disturbingly, the unrelenting push for actual contact w players, are way out of hand again.

Sitting home making up internet personnas and working tirelessly to make them real to the point of interfering w the actual program are two very different things.

The cycle repeats and I try so hard to stay out of it bc we've done it so often over the years. But I have to say, it's apparent the new staff did not get all the warnings the last staff and parents had and I think it's time they are made aware. Because once again the delusions of gradeur and most disturbingly, the unrelenting push for actual contact w players, are way out of hand again.

Sitting home making up internet personnas and working tirelessly to make them real to the point of interfering w the actual program are two very different things.
good you realize this,,,now learn it yourself

I know I will not win over most of you on here and I really don't want to...It's not my goal. My one and only goal re LV BB is to see it get back to its rightful prominence.

glv, orang, balls you three don't know me or what my true depth of influence is so don't pretend you do. By being in the "woke" world I am entrusted with things by these and other recruits that they can't or won't tell anyone else.

Accept that your are fans
and that is a great thing.
I won't even try to ask you 3 or VolNation to accept what I am

Just remember,,In a time when most of the "fans" were jumping off the bandwagon,,I still stayed on it and even grabbed the reins and tried to help steer it. . . Did you ever try to steer a vehicle from the backseat?...Its next to impossible...And dude, I can't wait to let go of those reins and let a driver take the rig fully...But until I believe in them enough to do so...My grip shall remain tight

Last edited:
Reactions: ARPfan4life
That’s just Maria getting a jab in, par for the course.

It’s a cumulative decision. Money might be the biggest factor, but Coaches, teammates, facilities, campus culture, location, education and history all play a part in decisions.

Love Kim, she just hits as “real” and that lands with people, especially kids. Kids can smell a fake adult a mile away lol. Love what Kim said in her recent interview, something along the lines of “I don’t have swag, I’m not cool, but I’ll shoot ya straight.”

Reminds me of a coach whose name our playing floor bears. Really hate to make those comparisons before we’ve played a game, but every interview makes me more and more interested. Down to earth, speaks from the heart and stands on what she says. Pat never did a lot of thinking before speaking either, she just let it fly, that’s one reason she has so many excellent attributable quotes.
I think the work ethic is a shared strength of Pat and Kim. I don’t think anyone has mentioned it, but Kim’s faith is a major part of who she is.

"Balls",,,this is not true just for Nyla but for many top tier recruits. I have been in AAU/exposure BB for over 30 years and BB overall for 43 years///Have sat with and discussed the game with Pat Summitt, and am followed by multiple SEC and other college coaches....No matter what YOU think of me,,I am valued by people that matter and will be until I am no longer in the game

I also want that fear instilled in the coach herself...Having a bunch of "yes men" ruined both Holly and Kellie and if they had and just one person in their system who didn't bow to them and talked straight to them,,,they may still be here.

Kim's success will be this team's success so I want her to succeed. But I truly felt that she was being used as a way to a means by the AD and if that was true,,,I had to call out Danny and his subordinate in charge of LV BB, Allen Greene - Senior Deputy Athletics Director/Chief Operating Officer and I did so. They both heard from me. By sending them an email (which can become public record) with the "conspiracy theory" detailed in full,, I have ensured that DW and AG have to support this staff fully.

Orang,,I don't get you...You seem to be a fan (maybe moreso a bored football fan), yet your only purpose seems to be trying to argue with the most loyal of fans on this site,,,but if that is where you get your self-value and feeling of relevance by attacking posters who have been fans for years,,,it speaks more of your need for attention than mine
Her uncle DMs me on Twitter. You are not special, Jumpy:

You only wish you had that much influence. Post about basketball only.

Did Danny reply to your email?

VN Store

Back