2025 Recruiting

The in-fighting in this forum may be even worse than what we see in the FF. And that's truly saying something.

I may not be a basketball "expert", but I've followed the LVs somewhat since the early '90's. Anyone knows if you wanted good Tennessee basketball back then, it wasn't likely going to be found from the men. Those Wade Houston years were rough. Anyway, point being, why can't we all just be Lady Vol fans and cheer for the new coach, and most especially for this team, to do well? Holly and Kellie just couldn't cut it. It is what it is. Pat Summitt, may she RIP, is not walking back through that door. Coach Kim is our coach, and we should all hope she succeeds because that means our ladies are doing well. And at the end of the day, we should all want that. And if you don't, what the hell are you doing here because you're not a Lady Vols' fan.

And as humorous as the bickering can be, what's the point? Are internet egos on an anonymous message board really so important?

If we didn’t have competitive NIL under the previous staff, but do now, guess what?

That’s the previous staff’s fault.

Seems like the new staff is just doing fine without you, and it kills you to know you don’t hold the power you thought you did.
Addition by subtraction

Great news about Nyla!

Can you imagine how frustrating and maddening it must be for a new coach to try to build her crucial first hs class and have internet fan forum warriors barging in actually making contact w players? For the very love of God get a hobby and leave these coaches and players alone. This is the downside of social media access. Just bc you can chime in doesn't mean you should.

As much as I hate to break up this 5th grade English class….Aaliyah Chavez was talked to by On3 about her top 10 list and when talking about the Lady Vols she said (paraphrasing) “I knew the old staff pretty well but this new staff and Coach Kim have a different vibe about them and they talk to me pretty much every day.”

So take that for what it is worth and I wont Get too excited unless she schedules a visit, but I like what I read!

Please tell me you aren't saying you're helping with Nyla to commit to UT. I do enjoy your post 95% of the time, but full stop if that's what youre saying. Madi went to Furman, Nyla is a legit 5 star. How would you be swaying Nyla to UT?
Why is anyone in a message board trying to talk to recruits and their parents other than a casual conversation?

As much as I hate to break up this 5th grade English class….Aaliyah Chavez was talked to by On3 about her top 10 list and when talking about the Lady Vols she said (paraphrasing) “I knew the old staff pretty well but this new staff and Coach Kim have a different vibe about them and they talk to me pretty much every day.”

So take that for what it is worth and I wont Get too excited unless she schedules a visit, but I like what I read!

Just bumping this because it's the last post that was anywhere near on topic.

Thanks for passing this along. I think most of us are feeling a different vibe and are loving the energy, especially (for me) from Kim and Gabe and, to a lesser degree, Roman. Jenna appears to be the quieter, more serious type (that could be way off base, I don't know), and I haven't yet gotten much of an impression of Angel and Lexie, but I suspect they're hard workers who are still getting their sea legs in the huge ocean they jumped into out of the ponds they were in before.

I do love this staff so far!

Last edited:
Thanks for passing this along. I think most of us are feeling a different vibe and are loving the energy, especially (for me) from Kim and Gabe and, to a lesser degree, Roman. Jenna appears to be the quieter, more serious type (that could be way off base, I don't know), and I haven't yet gotten much of an impression of Angel and Lexie, but I suspect they're hard workers who are still getting their sea legs in the huge ocean they jumped into out of the ponds they were in before.

I do love this staff so far!
You will really notice Roman during the games, he is always up and coaching. This whole staff is bringing new energy and it is much needed.

it is 2024....recruits and their parents will talk to whomever they want. no breaking news there.
Of course they can. Could in 2023 or 2003. But doesn't mean random fans should be engaging them in recruiting talk, IMO best to not engage them at all. Imagine your a businessperson, esp a new one, working on a huge deal that rests largely on communication. Then some random yahoo keeps chiming in, representing themselves as representative of your company. Just no. Every word is too important.

Also, in this particular case, repeated contact, or attempts at contact, with players and recruits has been a more serious issue, one that previous staffs have felt compelled to warn against. There's history here.

Then some random yahoo keeps chiming in, representing themselves as representative of your company.
B.b.b.butttt….the aforementioned yahoo is a couch potato coach. Just ask him!

He has years and years and years of experience coaching pre-pubescent kids. Therefore he deduces that he possesses great expertise in the realm of P-4 college coaching.

I know. Totally illogical, but that has not put a damper of his interference.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back