#23 Keeley Parks
#13 Mia Pauldo To Tennessee!
#49 Mya Pauldo To Tennessee!
#15 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#31 Lara Somfai not in top 3
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#56 Janiyah Williams To Oregon
Are Brooks, Henderson, & Hurst our main focus?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Of course they can. Could in 2023 or 2003. But doesn't mean random fans should be engaging them in recruiting talk, IMO best to not engage them at all. Imagine your a businessperson, esp a new one, working on a huge deal that rests largely on communication. Then some random yahoo keeps chiming in, representing themselves as representative of your company. Just no. Every word is too important.

Also, in this particular case, repeated contact, or attempts at contact, with players and recruits has been a more serious issue, one that previous staffs have felt compelled to warn against. There's history here.
this thread needs to stay on subject glv....I did nothing to restart this subject....LET IT GO!

Abd I have never represented myself as anything official to TN,,,quite the opposite actually

Last edited:
Reactions: FabSmokyVol
After posting, read a Knoxville News Sentinel article that mentioned the four above and

Jaida Civil​

Tennessee offered Jaida Civil in May, and she has continued to pick up offers from top schools throughout the summer. The 6-0 guard from Vero Beach, Florida, is also being pursued by South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida State, Baylor and several other SEC schools.

Civil is a four-star prospect ranked No. 40 in the 2025 class. She played point guard for Palm Bay Magnet High School last season, and she led the team in points (14.2) and assists (4.9) in her first season with the Pirates. She also averaged 6.6 rebounds and 2.4 steals.

After posting, read a Knoxville News Sentinel article that mentioned the four above and

Jaida Civil​

Tennessee offered Jaida Civil in May, and she has continued to pick up offers from top schools throughout the summer. The 6-0 guard from Vero Beach, Florida, is also being pursued by South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida State, Baylor and several other SEC schools.

Civil is a four-star prospect ranked No. 40 in the 2025 class. She played point guard for Palm Bay Magnet High School last season, and she led the team in points (14.2) and assists (4.9) in her first season with the Pirates. She also averaged 6.6 rebounds and 2.4 steals.

Last edited:
I get the need for speed and the trend towards 'positionless' basketball. But at some point we have to recruit some posts, some height. Esp after grad of half the squad next year, we are pretty much an all guard and guard/wing squad.
Spearman, Strickland and Latham, will return in 26. Plus two cycles.

Spearman, Strickland and Latham, will return in 26. Plus two cycles.
Strickland is 5'10", Latham 6'2". Only Spearman at 6'4" will have any real height. In fact, after this coming year, everyone on the roster other than Spearman, Latham, and the 6'0" Cooper will be under 6 ft tall.

I understand small, quick, and little to no post presence is a philosophy, but IMO it will mean games where we just get killed on the boards and are unable to guard any height at all in the post. It's a scary buy in to no need for size.

That said, I'm pretty sure they're looking for post players. Can't believe they're punting height in basketball altogether.

Strickland is 5'10", Latham 6'2". Only Spearman at 6'4" will have any real height. In fact, after this coming year, everyone on the roster other than Spearman, Latham, and the 6'0" Cooper will be under 6 ft tall.

I understand small, quick, and little to no post presence is a philosophy, but IMO it will mean games where we just get killed on the boards and are unable to guard any height at all in the post. It's a scary buy in to no need for size.

That said, I'm pretty sure they're looking for post players. Can't believe they're punting height in basketball altogether.
Hurst is listed as a 6'2" wing by Hoopgurlz, but a 6'3" power forward by MaxPreps and 247 Sports. Anyone know whether she's projected to be more of a wing or a post in college? Or maybe like a Latham type?

I imagine that the emphasis of speedy offense and pressing defense sounds more exciting for guards than bigger women. Similarly, I imagine some of the top guards already have some of that mindset, so it doesn't seem as foreign to them.

At some point you have to be able to throw it down low and get a bucket. Maybe we can get some of the volleyball players to go two sport. There is some real athletic length over there for the volleyball girls. And some real hot lookers.

positionless' basketball
This is the essence of positionless basketball is if one player can break the press, then fine – do it. But if we need to bring the ball up by committee, then we do it – without a time-out and without calling a play. Let the players gravitate to positions and actions that they do best – not for the season, or for a single game, but even possession by possession.

That's where Kimmie is imho

This is the essence of positionless basketball is if one player can break the press, then fine – do it. But if we need to bring the ball up by committee, then we do it – without a time-out and without calling a play. Let the players gravitate to positions and actions that they do best – not for the season, or for a single game, but even possession by possession.

That's where Kimmie is imho
Not a question of bringing the ball up, we have a million guards. But you can't gravitate to height. Unless they recruit some posts, starting next year this will be one of the shortest teams in recent SEC history. Maybe that's the plan, we'll see how it goes.

Not a question of bringing the ball up, we have a million guards. But you can't gravitate to height. Unless they recruit some posts, starting next year this will be one of the shortest teams in recent SEC history. Maybe that's the plan, we'll see how it goes.
I think we will be considered under sized similar to Villanova a few years back. They had a 6’8 post and a 6’6 forward… we will have 3 wings/guards, 1 wing:forward hybrid around 6’2 and 1 post around 6’3-6’5. We may have to fill those positions with transfers next year.

Just wasn't many players in the 2025 class that had height. Still a couple on the list we could still get. I figure Henderson and Brooks are still our top two targets though of the players left. So hopefully there will be a center we can portal to move in for Hollingshead in 2025.

Just wasn't many players in the 2025 class that had height. Still a couple on the list we could still get. I figure Henderson and Brooks are still our top two targets though of the players left. So hopefully there will be a center we can portal to move in for Hollingshead in 2025.
Speaking of Hollingshead, sure hope this new staff can bring out the best in her and let her play the style she can thrive in and not make her play back to the basket which she was not good at.

Speaking of Hollingshead, sure hope this new staff can bring out the best in her and let her play the style she can thrive in and not make her play back to the basket which she was not good at.
Me too. That's one of the reasons I hope we can get some true posts and stop making 4s play post out of emergency need.

I think Hollingshead is ideal for this type of game ! She can handle the ball well and at 6’4”….. She is better at up and down movement rather that the Post back to the basket game ! I believe we will see a different layer this year ? 🤷‍♂️. JMO

We are playing 5 out…. shouldn’t be as much post ups and definitely not hanging around the post.

I like big time competitors that actually get it done, she doesn’t put up empty stats, she actually wins Championships and that’s what I value. When it comes to Nil, this is the player u break the bank for. It will be difficult getting her away from LSU, but we can get it done. IMG_1527.jpeg

VN Store

Back