2025 Recruiting

Taliyah Henderson On3​

Tennessee
“I just got that offer. They did show me tons and tons of support. It was like they sent their whole coaching staff, head coach, assistant coach, and my main recruiter to every game. So they’re not looking for anybody else. They are one of the people who want me to go on a visit before coming to school. So not a lot of time, but it shows how much they see me at their school, that they want me there, right? It’s a new program, a new coach. So with that being said, it’s showing that they want to build a program. They want certain people to do it. I’ve seen the people that they’re recruiting and they’re dogs, regardless of their size, regardless of their position, and being considered one of those from any school, especially these recent schools has been a really good blessing for me. It reassures me that all my hard work, like I said, is paying off.”

She is also considering UCONN, Louisville, TCU, USC, Oregon, UNC, Maryland, Illinois, BYU, Arizona. She also had Ohio State and Michigan on the list but did not talk about those two...

She talked mostly of UCONN, USC, TENN, TCU, and Arizona.

Good to know that Nyla is still interested in the Lady Vols. She doesn't seem like someone who is going to the highest NIL bidder, but the likelihood that we can also offer a healthy NIL deal compared to the other finalists shouldn't hurt. Glad she isn't considering a Texas school.

The Lady Vols have had their share of success recruiting against Texas schools. Mia and Mya Pauldo, Ruby Whitehorn, Jewel Spear, and Rickea Jackson were reported to have Baylor, Texas, or Texas Tech in the mix. Not sure what teams Talaysia Cooper, Lazaria Spearman, Alyssa Latham, and Samara Spencer considered.

Reactions: travis929
Absolutely great news about Nyla Brooks. The staff is totally playing with house money; if they get her its a landmark accomplishment, if not it's understandable.

I'm surprised if there's a lesser SEC school in the mix that it's GA and not Miss St. I would have understood Nyla's attachment to Coach Sam, but what in the world is the attraction to GA?

More accolades for Mia and Mya Pauldo. The exposure they have garnered and resources they have accumulated through NIL is truly impressive. Tuned in to the Overtime select league and was really excited watching them play. They are going to bring something different to Knoxville and the SEC.

Good stuff!

Grace Knox will also be at this event.

Good to know that Nyla is still interested in the Lady Vols. She doesn't seem like someone who is going to the highest NIL bidder, but the likelihood that we can also offer a healthy NIL deal compared to the other finalists shouldn't hurt. Glad she isn't considering a Texas school.
We might be the highest NIL bidder.

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#11 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#30 Aubrey Beckham
#5 Divine Bourrage not in top 6
#14 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez not top 6
#40 Jaida Civil
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#27 Madison Francis
#79 Lena Girardi not in her top 5
#41 Holland Harris
#63 Layla Hayes not top 8
#21 Taliyah Henderson
#35 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan not in top 3
#7 Zakiyah Johnson not in her top 6
#8 Grace Knox
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#57 Destiny Lunan
#12 Leah Macy to ND
#17 Brynn McGaughy To Washington
#50 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#23 Keeley Parks
#13 Mia Pauldo To Tennessee!
#49 Mya Pauldo To Tennessee!
#15 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#31 Lara Somfai not in top 3
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#56 Janiyah Williams To Oregon

…ring finger under thumb. If you’ve ever been married, this should be an easy ‘member.
Okay... not tryin' to be dumb, or to make some oldster point, just curious: What does that sign mean?

My hope would be that her Top 4 is really only a Top 3.5 (meaning, Georgia is only mentioned to appease a family member).

1723244660467.png
I seriously decided to take a Friday night dive into Gen Z digital hipsterdom, only to discover that this sign can mean 3, can mean 8, can be a gang sign in San Antonio... 🤷‍♂️

I guess I've got the intelligence of a good dog. I know a lone index finger means come here, and its neighboring lone finger means go away.

Formatted differently, and filtered:

03 Jasmine Davidson
08 Grace Knox - LVs in Top 4
09 Emilee Skinner
13 Mia Pauldo to Tennessee!
14 Nyla Brooks - LVs in Top 4
15 Deniya Prawl - LVs in Top 8
21 Taliyah Henderson
23 Keeley Parks
27 Madison Francis
30 Aubrey Beckham
35 Lauren Hurst
40 Jaida Civil - LVs in Top 11
41 Holland Harris
49 Mya Pauldo to Tennessee!
57 Destiny Lunan - LVs in Top 13
Alyssa Koerkenmeier

Last edited:

Taliyah Henderson On3​

Tennessee
[...] It’s a new program, a new coach. ... They want certain people to do it. I’ve seen the people that they’re recruiting and they’re dogs, regardless of their size, regardless of their position, and being considered one of those from any school, especially these recent schools has been a really good blessing for me. It reassures me that all my hard work, like I said, is paying off.”
I really like this aspect of how our recruiting is so soon sending a message to the girls basketball world.

Being recruited by CKC's Lady Vols already means something.
Three months before CKC's first season at Tennessee begins, we have a team identity!

That's some successful, intense messaging from a young coach "new to the big stage."

Can you say, Cirque du Voleil?

Okay... not tryin' to be dumb, or to make some oldster point, just curious: What does that sign mean?

My hope would be that her Top 4 is really only a Top 3.5 (meaning, Georgia is only mentioned to appease a family member).

View attachment 666012
I seriously decided to take a Friday night dive into Gen Z digital hipsterdom, only to discover that this sign can mean 3, can mean 8, can be a gang sign in San Antonio... 🤷‍♂️

I guess I've got the intelligence of a good dog. I know a lone index finger means come here, and its neighboring lone finger means go away.
It's the VOL handsign. Hope the link comes through!

Formatted differently, and filtered:

03 Jasmine Davidson
08 Grace Knox - LVs in Top 4
09 Emilee Skinner
13 Mia Pauldo to Tennessee!
14 Nyla Brooks - LVs in Top 4
15 Deniya Prawl - LVs in Top 8
21 Taliyah Henderson
23 Keeley Parks
27 Madison Francis
30 Aubrey Beckham
35 Lauren Hurst
40 Jaida Civil - LVs in Top 11
41 Holland Harris
49 Mya Pauldo to Tennessee!
57 Destiny Lunan - LVs in Top 13
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
Were still in it for Jasmine Davidson?? I thought we're no longer on her top list...

I really like this aspect of how our recruiting is so soon sending a message to the girls basketball world.

Being recruited by CKC's Lady Vols already means something.
Three months before CKC's first season at Tennessee begins, we have a team identity!

That's some successful, intense messaging from a young coach "new to the big stage."

Can you say, Cirque du Voleil?
Love this post.

I also think Mia and Mya moved the needle. They have swag, huge platforms, and that dog-like mentality. They’re gonna help bring more 5* talent to Knoxville.

Setting aside those who have committed to us, or elsewhere, we're left with fourteen-fifteen:

#30 Aubrey Beckham
#14 Nyla Brooks *
#40 Jaida Civil
#3 Jasmine Davidson (Quite sure we've been eliminated).
#27 Madison Francis
#79 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
#21 Taliyah Henderson
#35 Lauren Hurst
#8 Grace Knox
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#57 Destiny Lunan
#23 Keeley Parks
#15 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner

So, just for fun, and with your help:
Madison Francis - 2024 USA U-18 team member. There's your resume! Recently upped from 27th to 21st by ESPN.

Taliyah Henderson - There's simply nothing not to like about her.

Grace Knox - Very pleasantly surprised to see us in her top four. Rugged, Relentless, Think Euro-Style.
FWIW: If we somehow manage to out-recruit those three heavyweights, then ...My Goodness!

Lauren Hurst - Versatile, with a high ceiling.
FWIW: Lotsa competition from several top schools, and another sport.

Holland Harris - Ferocious rebounder! Shot blocker. Tough player, and, like Hurst, with 3-point range. Finds and assists teammates.

Alyssa Koerkenmeier - Anybody aware of interchange between Miss Koerkenmeier and the current staff? Another volleyballer with basketball skills. Or vice versa.

Deniyah Prawl - Complete skill set, with high hops and high release.

Emilee Skinner - Not flamboyant, just a smooth operator with enormous potential. They don't put 'em in the top ten for nuthin. Think Emily
Ryan, Iowa State.
FWIW - Odds are supposedly very high in Iowa's favor.

Keeley Parks - Long and rangy with hops and court vision.
FWIW - Visited UCLA; scheduled to visit Florida (31 August), and North Carolina in September. Us?

Lena Girardi - Another Six-Foot guard, glv98! And, Coach Joe's (MLB Manager) daughter. Her skillset suggests she should be rated higher.
FWIW: Appears to cut us out with her just-released top five - thanks for this, Mcannon1, and for continually updating the list.

Destiny Lunan - Shows range and playmaking skills, then unleashes a variety of pinpoint passes.

Jaida Civil - Raw, incrediby-talented; can get up and go. Could she become the best of these guards?

Aubrey Beckham - Yet another high-potential, 5'11"-6ft guard; and all of them are long and rangy.
FWIW: I've seen five scheduled June-July visits - Auburn, Indiana, Florida, Georgia, and Florida State. So, we're eliminated?

Given my druthers:
1 - Madison Francis
1-A - Taliyah Henderson
3 - Emilee Skinner
Not optimistic about any of the three, but each brings a little something special.

*Nyla could render much of this moot, and me mute. So, a Win Win.

{In readying to post this I just read some updates. Good job, especially to you, Bruised Orange. My apologies for any overlap.

Thanks to those of you who have posted videos and other information. March to November might otherwise seem like a long, long time.
Cheers.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back