$58 Million Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovation Details

Agreed. It’s 20 mins, all interstate. And that exit is setup to handle large amounts of ppl. They would get logistics sorted out.

I think it would be cool to play there for a season.

Who doesn't love the divergent diamond interchanges.
The problem was not the interstates or highways but too few people handling parking. I swear to god. It looked like everyone there drove by themselves

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
State renovated the Dude in 2 years, I question the poster who said "he heard" it would take 4 years........JMO

Excellent point.

Also worth pointing out that the "4 years" thing, if that's even true, could include the Dorm/baseball facilitym PHS Dr Plaza, or who knows what else.

Honestly, I'm fine with that if it takes a while. People will call it a dump, but I love the simplicity of LNS. I'll likely miss it when its gone.

Smokies Stadium isn't a tenable solution. Not for the team, the admin, the majority of the season ticket holders, and many other parties.

Behind a paywall, a summary would be appreciated.........DO NOT COPY AND PASTE ARTICLE

Wilkerson/Hyams sports talk may have info and CTV will be on at 5:30…Vince in for Jimmy.

Last edited:
Maryland put in temporary seats in 4 days to be able to host a regional. Why aren’t we adding more seats for Vols this year ??

Where will these hypothetical new seats go? We've extended as far down the left field line as we can. Left field has the porches, so can't add more there. Right field has the bullpen. I guess you could add some behind it, but that might be the only spot.

I strongly dislike any idea that we would play in the smokies stadium. Off campus sucks ams completely ruins what college sports are about. I think you can do a phased approach without it being ugly between seasons. It just needs some thought.

Maryland put in temporary seats in 4 days to be able to host a regional. Why aren’t we adding more seats for Vols this year ??

FWIW, Maryland’s stadium seats 2500, according to the school’s website.

We could play in Neyland for a year I guess
No one said anything, so maybe I missed the blue font but.......

Talk about "playing in a small park!"

Vols obliterate LSUs collegiate record, hit 400 dongs in rain-shortened Neyland season.

Meanwhile, Vols pitchers eclipse record for worst season ever, with an era of 11.64.

No one said anything, so maybe I missed the blue font but.......

Talk about "playing in a small park!"

Vols obliterate LSUs collegiate record, hit 400 dongs in rain-shortened Neyland season.

Meanwhile, Vols pitchers eclipse record for worst season ever, with an era of 11.64.
When the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn, they played in the LA Coliseum while their stadium was being completed. I've seen photos, and it looked weird.

When the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn, they played in the LA Coliseum while their stadium was being completed. I've seen photos, and it looked weird.

Dodgers and White Sox played a World Series there while the local government bulldozing Latino community in Chavez Ravine

Reactions: volz2wallz

VN Store

Back