6-6 or 7-5?

Wrong.

We had that in Dooley's first year.
How do you figure that pal? The starting QB is gonna be drafted in 2-3 round this year...Outside of AJ Johnson and some of the O line( oops they were here then too) the rest of this team would be hard pressed to start for any team in the SEC ...DOOLEY LEFT CBJ NADA....

How do you figure that pal? The starting QB is gonna be drafted in 2-3 round this year...Outside of AJ Johnson and some of the O line( oops they were here then too) the rest of this team would be hard pressed to start for any team in the SEC ...DOOLEY LEFT CBJ NADA....

All of our O line could start for anyone. When Doofus was here they were young and inexperienced. This will be one of the best in the nation. Defense will be much improved. We have some players coming in the fall that will help as well. Heck even Kiffin went to Alabama in '09 with a less talented team and was a FG away from beating them, and we went bowling that year as well. Doofus took us bowling in '10. This team will be more talented & better coached than the above two. Last season we gave 2-3 wins away because of coaching. 8-4 this year is very possible.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm thinking more 4 and 8. I realize that the offense wasn't able to show much Saturday but jeez. I like Jones a lot and I think he is a hard worker but I just don't see UT competing with Bama and LSU anytime soon. I wouldn't mind losing to them in a close one but the Bama game is going to be another 41-10 type game I'm afraid. BAMA, LSU, UF, and Sackalina's speed is gonna kill us unless we are much improved come September. I hope I'm dead wrong believe me but I took off my Orange colored glasses after Dooley's second season.

Your prediction is entirely impossible. We don't play LSU year.

Attachments

• epic fail.jpg
    epic fail.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 79
Yes, our skilled position talent has been depleted, but remember that Dooley inherited a roster that was, what, 15-18 players below the 85 scholarships allowed, thanks to the attrition associated with the Fulmer-Kiffin-Dooley revolving door. Between transfers, academic washouts, legal problems that led to dismissals, etc., we had lost virtually a full recruiting class. Remember just how few of Kiffin's signees went the distance. Dooley, quite simply, had to fill in a crater just to get our numbers back up to par with the opposition. This is a monumental detail that far too many people seem to have quickly forgotten.

Yes, our skilled position talent has been depleted, but remember that Dooley inherited a roster that was, what, 15-18 players below the 85 scholarships allowed, thanks to the attrition associated with the Fulmer-Kiffin-Dooley revolving door. Between transfers, academic washouts, legal problems that led to dismissals, etc., we had lost virtually a full recruiting class. Remember just how few of Kiffin's signees went the distance. Dooley, quite simply, had to fill in a crater just to get our numbers back up to par with the opposition. This is a monumental detail that far too many people seem to have quickly forgotten.
Agreed but Dooley made CBJ's case earlier this year when he refused to take bodies to fill gaps...Dooley did a lot of that... now you and i as fans will have to live with his uhoh this year im sorry to say...

I think 7-5 is both optimistic and realistic. 8-4 or better is just optimistic. 6-6 is realistic. 5-7 or worse is just pessimistic.

It all depends on Auburn. That's the swing game this year. Losses over Florida, Oregon, USC, UGA, and of course Bama. Rest are wins with the Tigers being the difference between 6-6 and 7-5. Thoughts?

We will win at least one-two of the big five. Never underestimate the power of the force. We will have the force.

Unless some incoming freshmen come in and surprise everyone we are more than likely looking at 5-7 possibly 6-6. We have a talented OL and we are above average at LB but everything else is question marks.

Not saying that recruting rankings are the tell all but UT is more talented than Oregon all over the D and on the OL according to the recruiting sites. I know it is a transition to an assistant but they will have a new HC and OC this year. Barner is gone as well. They're ripe if Jones is as good of a coach as we all hope.

There are no "definite" losses but Bama would be a pretty incredible win. UT "can" beat anyone else on their schedule if things fall together right... which is largely a measure of how good your coaching staff is.

Many want to write this season off. I think it is a very critical test of Jones and his staff. He has tremendous OL talent. He has talent with experience at every position except receiver if he can get the best out of it.

No you are wrong. Tenn does not have the talent to meet your expectations. 7 wins would be a great season this year.

I think ya'll are underestimating the defense and I personally think we'll be vastly improved. Also, we actually have a fairly talented defense..just look at this!

Brian Randolph: NR out of high school, but made freshman all-SEC and we all know he was one of the better (or has the potential to be) one of the better DB's in the league
LaDarrell McNeil: top 100 out of high school. Also made freshman all-SEC. He proved to be a hard-hitting Safety last year.
Byron Moore: top 100 out of high school. Has won multiple DB of the week awards in the SEC.
A.J Johnson: Not even sure I need to say anything...one of the best LB's in the country and I expect a 1st round draft pick. Especially if he improves his ball disruption this year
Curt Maggitt: 4* top 200 out of high school. Freshman all-SEC and Third team freshman All-American.

These are just the first 5 players that came to mind. Add in the fact that the defense SHOULD be much better coached in a system they understand...

Reactions: 2 people
No you are wrong. Tenn does not have the talent to meet your expectations. 7 wins would be a great season this year.

I think we should win six by simply showing up and could win seven. Any win above that will be beating a team that has a significantly better roster. I agree with the OP on the Auburn game. We lost Bray, Hunter, Patterson and Rivera. We have some good young players but nothing on that level yet. I think seven wins and good effort will keep our class together. Recruiting is the key and we are off to a very nice start.

I think ya'll are underestimating the defense and I personally think we'll be vastly improved. Also, we actually have a fairly talented defense..just look at this!

Brian Randolph: NR out of high school, but made freshman all-SEC and we all know he was one of the better (or has the potential to be) one of the better DB's in the league
LaDarrell McNeil: top 100 out of high school. Also made freshman all-SEC. He proved to be a hard-hitting Safety last year.
Byron Moore: top 100 out of high school. Has won multiple DB of the week awards in the SEC.
A.J Johnson: Not even sure I need to say anything...one of the best LB's in the country and I expect a 1st round draft pick. Especially if he improves his ball disruption this year
Curt Maggitt: 4* top 200 out of high school. Freshman all-SEC and Third team freshman All-American.

These are just the first 5 players that came to mind. Add in the fact that the defense SHOULD be much better coached in a system they understand...

That list compared to the top SEC teams we play is really not an advantage. We have to find a way to pressure the quarterback. I am hoping the move back to the 4-3 will make a difference.

That list compared to the top SEC teams we play is really not an advantage. We have to find a way to pressure the quarterback. I am hoping the move back to the 4-3 will make a difference.

Well sure, but no one should expect to be as talented as Bama, LSU, or Florida...

Just saying we aren't at the bottom either..

This x10000000000

5 to 7 wins. Depends on what happens with Vanderbilt and Missouri more than anything else.

UGA, UF, Alabama, and USCe likely losses. Oregon - even with a new coach - is still probably good enough to beat us

8-4/9-3

CBJ gets coach of the year. Recruiting class holds together and make a run at the SEC title in 2014

Auburn is worse off talent wise than we are. I think we win that game

No, Auburn is not worse off on talent than UT, not even close.....we finish 4-8 or 5-7 at best if we can beat Western Kentucky.....and don't laugh this will be a tough game...wait and see

Well sure, but no one should expect to be as talented as Bama, LSU, or Florida...

Just saying we aren't at the bottom either..

Our talent level is middle of the pack in the conference. I wasn't being argumentative but USCe, UGA and UF are all better from a defensive personnel standpoint and are in the East. Add in a trip to Eugene and Tuscaloosa. We will be out-manned in each of those match-ups. Our roster was actually better last year. This reminds me of the 2010 season except Bama, Florida and Oregon are on the road.

VN Store

Back