A.D. Danny White; discussion thread

I'll bet he's watched the Marshall vs. Va. Tech film and licking his chops for next season's game...
I’m sure Geno understood the challenges;
Marshall’s top 5 players
5’4” former div 2 player Abby Breeman
5’5” former div 2 player Breeland Campbell
5’8” former miss state player who averaged 3 ppg the year befor Aislynn Hayes
6’1” Mahogany Matthews who averaged 4.8 rebs/gm.
5’8” sydni Scott
versus
6.5” Elizabeth Kitley
5.6” Georgia Amoore
6’0” Matilda Ekh
6’0” Carla King
6’0” Carleigh Wenzel

Her team was picked 9th in the Sunbelt before they lost their best player 6 games in….I wonder if Geno could have gotten that team to the NCAA tournament?

When you're sitting next to someone for two hours, it's kind of hard to ignore them...the guy didn't even use earplug/headphones. He was watching game film, I assume of recruits on his Ipad with the sound on!

Since my connections were with the team, not the AD, I was blindsided like they were. I thought that since the NIL problem had been resolved that they would be given the chance to finally be competitive in recruiting. BTW, DW apparently had his knives out before the season started. He never met with Kellie once during the season, until he fired her. 😡
That seems like the issue…. your connections were with the team and didn’t come from DW directly.

I agree but even if it did that means that he would rather face KJH…. How many coaches have publicly wanted us to keep Zo…. Dooley….etc…. It was bc they sucked and wanted to keep beating us.
I don’t think Geno coaching a UConn team is afraid to face either.

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98 and mcannon1
When you're sitting next to someone for two hours, it's kind of hard to ignore them...the guy didn't even use earplug/headphones. He was watching game film, I assume of recruits on his Ipad with the sound on!

Since my connections were with the team, not the AD, I was blindsided like they were. I thought that since the NIL problem had been resolved that they would be given the chance to finally be competitive in recruiting. BTW, DW apparently had his knives out before the season started. He never met with Kellie once during the season, until he fired her. 😡
Not sure that’s blindsided based on the results. Believe that’s knowing where you stand.

Reactions: TheBigOne10
Marshall’s top 5 players
5’8” sydni Scott
versus
6.5” Elizabeth Kitley
5.6” Georgia Amoore
6’0” Matilda Ekh
6’0” Carla King
6’0” Carleigh Wenzel

Her team was picked 9th in the Sunbelt before they lost their best player 6 games in….I wonder if Geno could have gotten that team to the NCAA tournament?
Kitley was injured and didn't play...and Va. Tech lost in the next game on their home court to a lower ranked team...not exactly a dominant D1 team at that time. Too bad the Lady Vols didn't get sent there.

Kitley was injured and didn't play...and Va. Tech lost in the next game on their home court to a lower ranked team...not exactly a dominant D1 team at that time. Too bad the Lady Vols didn't get sent there.
Yeah they started 6’5” Strack who had 17 points…. i was mainly just illustrating the difference in size and ability…. Do you think KJH could have taken Marshall’s team to the tournament? I don’t…. KJH is why it makes it hard to hire former Vols as coaches… Everyone is emotionally tied to them.. I love KJH as well but she didn’t do a good job, imo…. It was her time to go… If Kim Caldwell struggles then we will have to move on as well.

“DW Haters”: If DW would have keep CKJH then she would have found another Rickea in the portal and making the S16 next year would have been a slam dunk.

”DW Lovers”: Finally a different approach. CKC is knocking down the 3s in the portal and it is going to be fun watching this team next year. Another pick up or two and the NC is possible.

Just so interesting the CKJH never fire crowd is quiet and having problems finding bad about CKC and the portal/coaching staff these days other then need more big/tall ladies……

Reactions: chuckiepoo
“DW Haters”: If DW would have keep CKJH then she would have found another Rickea in the portal and making the S16 next year would have been a slam dunk.

”DW Lovers”: Finally a different approach. CKC is knocking down the 3s in the portal and it is going to be fun watching this team next year. Another pick up or two and the NC is possible.

Just so interesting the CKJH never fire crowd is quiet and having problems finding bad about CKC and the portal/coaching staff these days other then need more big/tall ladies……
Jon?

Last edited:
View attachment 640598
What an absolute embarrassment. Such cowards. I guess some posting even here in the LV forum just hate winning, because we are about to do a lot of it. Should be thankful that DW brought this sports program (yeah pretty much every program is EXCELLING) out of the ditch. Peace.

All,

I have conversed with Adam through a couple of emails and he asked me if I had read the whole story
Embarrassingly I had not and told him without a subscription most cannot

He pointed out the following:

+++++++++++++++++
"The story clearly says that the emails represent a "tiny sliver" of the Lady Vols fan base. That's in the first sentence of the story.

And it points out that the Danny White detractors are a "subset" of the fan base. That's in the third sentence of the story.

And it says that Danny White is a popular AD with a good track record of hiring coaches. That's in the 13th sentence of the story.

And it says that the emails represent the "most extreme reactions" to Kellie's firing. That's in the 14th sentence of the story.

The value of the story is that it gives readers a glimpse behind the curtain to see what Danny White was seeing from fans while making the coaching change. A lot of readers appreciate that.

By the way, we weren't digging for the "negative." We requested fan emails regarding Kellie Harper, Kim Caldwell and the coach search. Whatever that produced is that we would write about.

Also, we haven't lingered on the negatives of the Lady Vols program. We've written about 20 stories about Kim Caldwell, her background, her staff, her transfers, her roster, her philosophy, her interactions with fans, etc.

If anyone is fixated on this one "negative" story rather than the 20 other stories we've written, the problem might be in their perception rather than the coverage.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for reading and emailing. "

+++++++++++++++++++

I have had conversations with Adam before and felt I needed to investigate this and I was very aggressive in my email and sent him an apology
I am so glad I did
The man is not a John Adams,,,he has no agenda re the Lady Vols, nor with Danny White.

Next time @Dadof2Vols you might cut and paste the whole story instead of the 10 lines that further your agenda

Reactions: SmokinBob
All,

I have conversed with Adam through a couple of emails and he asked me if I had read the whole story
Embarrassingly I had not and told him without a subscription most cannot

He pointed out the following:

+++++++++++++++++
"The story clearly says that the emails represent a "tiny sliver" of the Lady Vols fan base. That's in the first sentence of the story.

And it points out that the Danny White detractors are a "subset" of the fan base. That's in the third sentence of the story.

And it says that Danny White is a popular AD with a good track record of hiring coaches. That's in the 13th sentence of the story.

And it says that the emails represent the "most extreme reactions" to Kellie's firing. That's in the 14th sentence of the story.

The value of the story is that it gives readers a glimpse behind the curtain to see what Danny White was seeing from fans while making the coaching change. A lot of readers appreciate that.

By the way, we weren't digging for the "negative." We requested fan emails regarding Kellie Harper, Kim Caldwell and the coach search. Whatever that produced is that we would write about.

Also, we haven't lingered on the negatives of the Lady Vols program. We've written about 20 stories about Kim Caldwell, her background, her staff, her transfers, her roster, her philosophy, her interactions with fans, etc.

If anyone is fixated on this one "negative" story rather than the 20 other stories we've written, the problem might be in their perception rather than the coverage.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for reading and emailing. "

+++++++++++++++++++

I have had conversations with Adam before and felt I needed to investigate this and I was very aggressive in my email and sent him an apology
I am so glad I did
The man is not a John Adams,,,he has no agenda re the Lady Vols, nor with Danny White.

Next time @Dadof2Vols you might cut and paste the whole story instead of the 10 lines that further your agenda
@Coach Jumper ….sorry man but I didn’t cut whole story because due to copyright you are not supposed to, that’s why I put the link before the part you read…..

@Coach Jumper ….sorry man but I didn’t cut whole story because due to copyright you are not supposed to, that’s why I put the link before the part you read…..
thank you for that...I too judged too quickly and apologize

Being a Dad of two vols,,,you have to know the passion of this fanbase and for me it is exponential as I have been a fan since 1978 and connected to it since 2012. (whether they wanted me to be or not ;o)

Bygones Dadx2...thanks for taking time to do this
I would though suggest that you edit omit the pic and leave the link so you don't get others backlash from posters who have yet to open this thread and may see that and not this

Note: you will undoubtedly have posters that will tell you you owe me no apology
And you don't
But I certainly appreciate it, that you took time to do so

Last edited:
Marshall’s top 5 players
5’8” sydni Scott
versus
6.5” Elizabeth Kitley
5.6” Georgia Amoore
6’0” Matilda Ekh
6’0” Carla King
6’0” Carleigh Wenzel

Liz kitley had an ACL tear.

Context matters. Mr. FormerLVFan, under his now retired nom de plume, promised us on his word as an insider that Kellie J. Harper would be our wbb coach next year. Given that record of inaccuracy, should we trust his assertion that Mr. Auriemma gave him the time of day?
Maybe he just likes Kellie Harper. Most people do.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Context matters. Mr. FormerLVFan, under his now retired nom de plume, promised us on his word as an insider that Kellie J. Harper would be our wbb coach next year. Given that record of inaccuracy, should we trust his assertion that Mr. Auriemma gave him the time of day?
I know Earl/ @FormerLadyVolFan personally and if he says he sat next to Geno,,,only Geno could convince me otherwise. He thought Kellie was done wrong and he acted as he felt and stayed true to his friend, Kellie... He had a good relationship with Kellie and he hosted several of the players who had meals with him and his family at his home.

And fans!.. He has a heart of gold and often gave up his season ticket seats and parking passes to people who couldn't afford to go otherwise.

I know Earl, do you?
I know his business and I know how much of a loss he was to the athletic dept. booster org.
My opinion is not an opinion at all it is personal knowledge,,,is yours?

He gave inside info that he (like all who are true insiders) considered true and valid.
Everyone, including yours truly here, have had absolute inside knowledge that went awry at the last minute.

All that said, if anyone says anything other than what I just wrote,,,they are either lying, guessing or black-balling him!...Nuff said!

VN Store

Back